psykomakia

SOLVED  

1. 1. SOLVED

• answer from plainglazed in #10
    • method from DudleyDude in #14
    • final answer image in #15

Question

14 answers to this question

If you take the first letter of the person who would have honour for the next hole (including an assumed 19th hole), you are left with the below 18-letter phrase:

"THE FAMBER OF THC WAWW"

Just behind the winning C of THC is the letter E. While FAMBER could conceivably be FATHER, I don't really think it's close enough. Still pretty lost.

I should have also mentioned that the 6th letter can be S or M. I don't know what is done traditionally when a tie occurs. Among friends, the one not smoking has honour.

Anyway, that means our phrase could be "THE FASBER OF TC WAWW"

Usually in the instance of a tie they go with who shot first in the previous hole.

Usually in the instance of a tie they go with who shot first in the previous hole.

I'm aware of that, but this was a tie all the way back to the beginning, so I've no way of knowing who went first between them (except perhaps the name higher on the list).

I'm going to make a logical jump here and say the answer is Tim Berners-Lee based on FATHER OF THE WWW and a day on the LINKS.

If not him, Al Gore.

The clue is in the first spoiler. Still not positive of the final answer, but my first guess is in the 2nd spoiler

The winner of the race Simply take the initial of the overall round leader after each hole

Since turtle and rabbit are both playing and they are the only 2 I associate with a race, I'll guess TURTLE as the final answer.

Sometimes I get excited when I solve (or partially solve) a riddle and then realize that PG beat me to it by a wide margin....

• Upvote 1