Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question

Posted · Report post

Just a couple of minor suggestions/questions:

1. It's easy to see last action on a thread, but not when the thread was started. I typically use the number of views as a gauge of the age, but it would be nice to also see when the thread was created from the main forum page or "View New Posts" page.

2. Along a similar line, I would like to simply see new threads, in the order they are added, without regard for last posting. When there are a lot of posts by a few people in a short time span, any threads they didn't comment on, although not being old, get moved to the bottom and are more easily missed. I would like to be able to give every thread an equal chance, regardless of who's been posting to it. Or maybe there's already a way to do this and I just don't know?

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

1. It's easy to see last action on a thread, but not when the thread was started. I typically use the number of views as a gauge of the age, but it would be nice to also see when the thread was created from the main forum page or "View New Posts" page.

2. Along a similar line, I would like to simply see new threads, in the order they are added, without regard for last posting. When there are a lot of posts by a few people in a short time span, any threads they didn't comment on, although not being old, get moved to the bottom and are more easily missed. I would like to be able to give every thread an equal chance, regardless of who's been posting to it. Or maybe there's already a way to do this and I just don't know?

I tend to view new posts mostly to find the additional posts, and have used the option button to view the thread outline - gives an overview of the topic you view.

Posted · Report post

to see the topics lately started, you can order the posts in each section using "Order: Topic Started"

Posted · Report post

I tend to view new posts mostly to find the additional posts, and have used the option button to view the thread outline - gives an overview of the topic you view.

to see the topics lately started, you can order the posts in each section using "Order: Topic Started"

Good suggestions. I should poke around the options more thoroughly before posting. I still think it would be nice to see when a thread was started in the main views, though.

Posted · Report post

Good suggestions. I should poke around the options more thoroughly before posting. I still think it would be nice to see when a thread was started in the main views, though.

True, but it's the responses that may get your juices flowing - the way other people see things, especially on a bad day, sometimes you get blinkered from being in the Den to much. New topics or new posts can be boring or interesting so for me age does'nt matter (though the wife is 11 years younger).