Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is the world going to end this year?

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I haven't heard much about this since last new year's but it was brought to my attention on this talk show where it was stated that this German scientist had butterfingers and destroyed the only thing that the Mayans said would "save" the world from an apocalypse.

Well, I totally disagree with the fact that the Mayans even said that there was an apocalypse, because all the Mayans did was run out of stone for calenders. However, many people interpreted that as no more calender meant no more life, and here we are today.

So what do you think about all this crap?

Btw, here is a video that I found explaining my point even further :

Posted · Report post

CCPGrey! Woot!

Of course it's complete BS. I'll be laughing on December 22nd at all the idiots that thought the world was going to end.

Posted · Report post

Well, it won't end. because if it does end, no one will be able to laugh at me because we are all dead. if it doesn't end, then I get to feel smug and yell at the idiots who did thought it was going to end. It's basically like Pascal's wager for the end of the world.

Posted (edited) · Report post

From what I've heard, the Mayan calendar didn't take into account leap years. That means the world should end. . . last July (I think it was July). . . Oh. We're all still here. Oops!

Edited by Thalia

Posted · Report post

Of course it won't end. If the Mayans were such amazing prophets, how come they didn't see the Spanish coming?

Posted (edited) · Report post

lol. I wasn't really serious about that. I don't really know how their calendar works so I have no clue what leap years did to it. The thing I have been wondering about is why we are suddenly taking the Mayan calendar so seriously. Ignore it for nearly two thousand years and. . .

"THE WORLD'S GOING TO END!!! AHH!!!"

------------------------- :lies:

Edited by Thalia

Posted · Report post

Well, if there were infante parallel universes, where different events happen. Then it could be said that the world will end, in some of them, this year. :mellow: