BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

BrainDen Site - New Design

BrainDen website has gone a long way since year 2004 when it all started. Latest news include amongst others that there is a special BrainDen Android App that you can download on your mobile and enjoy the good old brain teasers.

Just a few minutes ago, new design of non-forum BrainDen pages has gone live. After many years of hesitation finally the work began in December 2011. External web design company Art4Web was hired to create not only regular design but also design for mobile phones and also new logo. Check out optical illusions which have been categorized and many new have been added.

Let me know your comments.

Enjoy the Den ;)

I haven't seen a direct route between the brainden.com page and the forum.

I had to find a riddle that says discuss further. If there is, can someone tell me? thanks!

other than that, good design!

(Cubie, it's at the bottom of every page, on the Contact page, & on the Sitemap page. It isn't, however, overtly prominent.)

I remember there being a "recent brain teasers" feed (or something like that) where new logic/math puzzles & riddles from the Forum showed up. I think it was a good way to get people interested in the forums as well.

Looks good rookie! I like. :) Pretty clean design & easy navigation. :thumbsup:

Oh. Whoa. Just saw it. I have to admit, I liked the old site a lot better. Maybe it's because I'm so used to it? IDK. I guess that's just how I've always known Bden. And agreed with the whole "toony" thing; it just doesn't seem like BD. Navigation also seems to be pretty different. Maybe put the Forum link in a more prominent place?

It was time for a change. 8 years of blue was enough. Maybe after another 8 years I will go back to blue again, who knows ;)

Old logo still remains as my avatar, however, I wanted a new/modern one. The colorful brain is made out of several stripes which work together, fit together and bind a powerful brain - just like the community here. The "Den" inside the brain should make it easier to associate the logo with "BrainDen".

"Forum" link on non-forum pages

I had to cut down a lot of links and introduce the real minumum of primary links - so there are 4 links in the main menu now (actually only 3 on mobile to fit smaller mobile screen). Link to forum is on every page in the footer, and also after every brain teaser (in solution spoiler). There is also a separate page dedicated to the 15 latest puzzles/riddles from the forum - http://brainden.com/new-riddles.htm

Forum is also mentioned in regular text of homepage, best puzzles page, contact page and several other places.

Latest puzzles from forum are feeded into Google Gadgets, twitter and facebook.

Of course, all of you could make this forum more prominent if you would link to it from your school pages, your personal blog, facebook/twitter accounts, other websites you visit etc ;)

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Very nice job on the site Rookie. I think it is very nice, very modern. The company did an outstanding job. I guess my question now would be can we update the forum to match the site. The blue on the old IPB 3.0 skin fit so well with the blue on the old site design that to me it almost felt like they were integrated in some way. Now I go to the forum here and feel like it is so separate. Would you be willing to pay someone to upgrade the forum to match your new design?

Very nice job on the site Rookie. I think it is very nice, very modern. The company did an outstanding job. I guess my question now would be can we update the forum to match the site. The blue on the old IPB 3.0 skin fit so well with the blue on the old site design that to me it almost felt like they were integrated in some way. Now I go to the forum here and feel like it is so separate. Would you be willing to pay someone to upgrade the forum to match your new design?

If the forum design would be consistent with non-forum pages then it would be great. However, it might be harder to maintain - each forum upgrade would require checking the forum design and correcting the possible bugs.

I know that IPB updates pretty frequently but I don't believe that they will do a complete forum re-design for a while. I've been made a tech admin on a number of IP Boards now and I could probably do it without too much trouble though if you want to. Though if you have the money I can recommend people who would do it as well and cover updates