BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Villager, Villager, Mafia

Yoruichi-san

Good idea .. but we should keep it at bay until the sun rises ;) ... besides.. the people abstaining were the people least active during N1 if at all ...but that's not a reason for them not to have sent their action without a word in the main thread ... we should keep an eye on their actions/votes during this cycle...

• Upvote 1

Good idea .. but we should keep it at bay until the sun rises ;) ... besides.. the people abstaining were the people least active during N1 if at all ...but that's not a reason for them not to have sent their action without a word in the main thread ... we should keep an eye on their actions/votes during this cycle...

Or .. we could use it to plan some actions .. we have 3 spies .. which could shed some light on the 3 people abstaining : Hirk, Miki and Thalia ...

alrighty

I will say right now that a spy on me is useless. I've already dropped a hint, and will do so again when I can think of a better one. I am not the instigator, and was abstaining because I had no idea who to vote for, and didn't want to be counted as inactive.

I've finished my s/s, so I should be able to be a bigger part of the game now. Let the mafia begin! XD

edit: also, regarding the instigator.... What if we do this? Tomorrow, we Nvm, I'll just say this: I have an idea as to what we could do tomorrow to help, but I'm not gonna say it now, as it might make me a target. IDK.

Edited by MissKitten

I just got online to check...& YOU GUYS LYNCHED MY SMILEY BROTHER!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Don't worry, dear Smiley Bro...Our people will help us... :)

GO GOODIES!!! :D :D :D

*Edit: I got a cold, so I may forget to come online...someone remind me, please? :blush:

Edited by EDM
  • Upvote 1

NIGHT 2

For the evening's round of experiments, Y-san partitioned the group into pairs. Later, she might mix up the pairs, depending on who remained...

`````

Hirkala and his partner were led into a room and told to stand on either side of a table, on which sat a panel with 2 blue buttons and a large red button in the center with the words "DO NOT PRESS" stamped on it.

"This is the way this is going to go," Y-san stated, reaching into her pocket for a pen and finding instead a glass vial. "You can either go through that door together," she gestured, absentmindedly twirling the vial in her fingers, "in which case, you will each receive $75, or one of you could press your blue button, trapping the other, and get $100."

"Well," Hirkala considered, "It seems like it'd be best to betray, but one of use could agree to give $26 to the other out of our $75..."

But the other had already jumped at the button, causing plexiglass panels to come down from the ceiling, trapping the pontificating Hirk.

Y-san shrugged, still playing with the vial.

`````

The same experiment was repeated (for good measure, of course), with Flamebirde and his partner. They had both leapt for the button at the mention of the $100, but his partner was just a tad faster.

Another shrug.

`````

MiKi and her partner were led into a room with a table, two cups, and a vial very similar to the one Y-san had been toying with.

"The vial contains a laxative," Y-san explained, "MiKi, you choose a cup to put it in..." she proceeded to instruct the other to turn around and chose their eyes. "Your partner will choose a cup to drink and you will drink the other one. The one who goes the longest without having to go to the washroom will get a new Ipad."

MiKi wanted the Ipad, but she would feel bad for making the other suffer. Maybe if she divided the dose b/w the cups, it would be less effective? She was strong, she could outlast her partner in a battle of wills...

So that's what she did. The pair drank their cups. MiKi painted a smile on her face. She could do this...she could handle it...suddenly the smile froze on her lips as her chest began to heave in convulsions. A few moments later, they stopped... but so had her heart.

Y-san frowned, her brow creasing. Then she glanced down at the vial in her hand. "OHHHH...," she exclaimed, relieved to find the source of error. "I must have mixed up the vials...that wasn't the laxative, that was the poison...lol..."

"Ah, lol," said the other. "Good, I've developed an immunity to most poisons, but not to laxatives..."

`````

"Alright, that wraps up this level," Y-san noted to the participants of the last group. "Now, to move on and collect your $200, please deposit your cubes in the recycling receptacle." She motioned towards an orifice from which an angry orange glow emanated.

post-7969-0-90636100-1340130553_thumb.jp

"Wait..." spoke up TheCube. "I didn't get a cube..."

"That's b/c you are The Cube," his partner elucidated with a knowing grin, then proceeded give him a firm shove.

As his screams echoed up the shoot, Y-san frowned. She really should have ordered better sound-proofing...

`````

Hirkala was growing antsy in his incarceration. Shouldn't they be done with the round of experiments by now? Shouldn't someone have come to let him out?

"Hello?!" he cried out, "Anyone there?"

A figure popped into the room.

"Hey, buddy, could you let me out? I think if you press that blue button right there..."

The person walked over the table, but their eyes immediately flew to the big shiny red button.

"I don't think that's a good..." Hirkala began, but it was too late. Greenish gas began to flood in from the vents, into his chamber. He coughed, gasping for breath..."...help me..."

The person glanced at the ominous looking miasma, then to the buttons, then to the miasma again. Then, after a quick look around to make sure no one was watching, the person made a quick and surreptitious exit.

From behind the one-way window she watched from, Y-san smiled her lopsided smile and jotted down a few notes. Ah...human nature...

She was just turning away to go finish up her report when a quick movement caught the corner of her eye. Defying common sense, and (more importantly) her hypothesis, a good Samaritan dashed into the room, took a deep breath, pressed the blue button, and lunged into the miasma, emerging a moment later with Hirk in tow. The Samaritan smashed down the button again, cordoning off the remaining gas.

"Thanks, buddy..." Hirk said, between gasps.

Y-san frowned deeply. This is was going to make the report much more tedious to write. How annoying.

PI: Y-san

Roster:

1. Hirkala

2. Framm 18

3. MikeD

4. EDM :D

5. Flamebirde

6. mew

7. Panther - DEAD [sAVE, Villager] Lynched

8. Thalia

9. ShadowAngel

10. Aaryan

11.TheCube B)) - DEAD Killed by Mafia

12.Yodell

13. MiKi - DEAD Killed by KILL

Whew, what a Night. Day 2 starts now, ends 11:59 AM tomorrow!

Roster:

1. Hirkala

2. Framm 18 - Voting for MikeD

3. MikeD

5. Flamebirde

6. mew

8. Thalia

9. ShadowAngel

10. Aaryan

12.Yodell

Semi-Random.

Well, that sucks. GLaDOS, how dare you!!! Anyways, it was good playing though I didn't do diddlysquat. So good luck to all as I go to NC for the weekend and lets hope my ghost haunts my companion. SEEEYA!

Also, I think on the roster I should be posted as this: TheCube :dry:

Now, SEEEYA!

I thought I would just bring up this:

We start with 8 villagers to 5 mafia, right?

Panther was villager, TheCube probably was.

So it is at 6 to 5. If MiKI was villager as well, then we at 5 to 5.

Mafia wins if we kill a lynch a villager today.

So if I understood that correctly,

Hirk was targeted for a kill and saved

Cube was killed by a Mafia NK, not the kill role that is Mafia

One of the kills didn't like MiKi's hint

Is that correct?

Yes, Hirk and MiKi were targeted by KILLs. Cube was targeted by mafia. In the Post, the mafia KILL, BLOCK, and SAVE will be indistinguishable from the villager KILL, BLOCK, and SAVE roles if/when they awaken.

Roster:

1. Hirkala

3. MikeD

5. Flamebirde

6. mew- Voting for Framm

8. Thalia

9. ShadowAngel- Voting for MikeD

10. Aaryan

12.Yodell

It's in my best interest to do that

Roster:

1. Hirkala

3. MikeD

5. Flamebirde

6. mew- Voting for Framm

8. Thalia

9. ShadowAngel- Voting for MikeD

10. Aaryan

11.TheCube :dry: - DEAD Killed by Mafia

12.Yodell

If, you wanna do something, you gotta do it yourself.

And how do you figure? I haven't been visited by the investigator to my knowledge, meaning that it would paint you as Mafia and not me

statistical analysis on the NP and a couple of your posts are the ones reducing the odds, rather than playing as a villager or mafia, I'm playing as a neutral, I check who is likely or not in being on my team, and vote for the least likely.