BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mindhunters - A set of ultimate short puzzles

ujjagrawal

Question

Guys, here it goes, you have overall 10 mins to answer all of the below.

1. An Arab sheikh tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win. The brothers, after wandering aimlessly for days, ask a wise man for advise. After hearing the advice they jump on the camels and race as fast as they can to the city. What does the wise man say?

2. An 18-wheeler is crossing a 6 kilometer bridge that can only support 10,000 kilograms and that's exactly how much the rig weighs. Halfway across the bridge a 30 gram sparrow lands on the cab, but the bridge doesn't collapse. Why not?

3. A completely black dog was strolling down Main street during a total blackout affecting the entire town. Not a single streetlight had been on for hours. As the dog crosses the center of the road a Buick Skylark with 2 broken headlights speeds towards it, but manages to swerve out of the way just in time. How could the driver see the dog to swerve in time?

4. A prisoner is told "If you tell a lie we will hang you; if you tell the truth we will shoot you." What can he say to save himself?

5. A boat has a ladder that has six rungs. Each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water. The tide rises at 12 inches every 15 minutes. High tide peaks in one hour.

When the tide is at its highest, how many rungs are under water?

Note : No mathematics reuired to solve any of the above puzzle.

Do tell me your score (no. of puzzle you were able to solve within 10 mins) with your answers.

6 answers to this question

1. The wise man says swop camels.

2. Not sure about this one but could it be that the 18-wheeler is lighter now because it used some fuel.

3. It was in the daytime so the driver could quite easily see the dog.

4. He says: "You will hang me." (If that is the truth they will has to shoot him, but then that would make it a lie, so they should hang him, but that would make it the truth so they would have to shoot him but...) :) (Another example of the amazing paradoxes, not only messes with your mind, but could save you life.)

5. None, as the tide rises so does the boat.

I managed to get all 5 of them in 10 minutes if they are correct, but I have seen 1 and 3 before.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. The wise man says swop camels.

2. Not sure about this one but could it be that the 18-wheeler is lighter now because it used some fuel.

3. It was in the daytime so the driver could quite easily see the dog.

4. He says: "You will hang me." (If that is the truth they will has to shoot him, but then that would make it a lie, so they should hang him, but that would make it the truth so they would have to shoot him but...) :) (Another example of the amazing paradoxes, not only messes with your mind, but could save you life.)

5. None, as the tide rises so does the boat.

I managed to get all 5 of them in 10 minutes if they are correct, but I have seen 1 and 3 before.

Your second one is correct too... you have scored all the points.. well done... :thumbsup: