BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Mr Crimson lives with his wife and three children. The children get really crazy when they play outside. One winter they were throwing snowballs at each other and one of the brothers threw a snowball a little too hard and hit Mr. Fagans house and broke a window! Now the three boys didn't want to tell Mr. Fagan who threw the snowball so Mr. Fagan threated that he would tell the boys mother and get them all in trouble.

Later that day Mr. Fagan found a note on his door that read: " You want to know who broke your window? ________ Crimson"

Mr. Fagan knew right away who broke the window!

How did Mr Fagan know?

This is my first puzzle, so excuse me if there are more than one solutions (which I overlooked) or something that makes this very obvious :)

Of the brothers, only one is Crimson. The other two are from ex-husband of Mrs Crimson and hence not Crimsons. The neighbour, Fagan, knew this.

5 answers to this question

Mr Crimson lives with his wife and three children. The children get really crazy when they play outside. One winter they were throwing snowballs at each other and one of the brothers threw a snowball a little too hard and hit Mr. Fagans house and broke a window! Now the three boys didn't want to tell Mr. Fagan who threw the snowball so Mr. Fagan threated that he would tell the boys mother and get them all in trouble.

Later that day Mr. Fagan found a note on his door that read: " You want to know who broke your window? ________ Crimson"

How did Mr Fagan know?

This is my first puzzle, so excuse me if there are more than one solutions (which I overlooked) or something that makes this very obvious :)

Of the brothers, only one is Crimson. The other two are from ex-husband of Mrs Crimson and hence not Crimsons. The neighbour, Fagan, knew this.

A good modification of the Crimson puzzle. :)

As the names are not specified I would say , one of the children's name was DASH crimson or BLANK crimson.

;)

How did Mr Fagan know?

Nice attempt, but really hard to guess the solution that you were looking for from what was given

Hmm, could it be based on how high the note was put on Mr. Fagan door? I assume 3 boys are in different age and so must be different height. So the height of the note at the door tells which boy put it!

Right?

Hmm, could it be based on how high the note was put on Mr. Fagan door? I assume 3 boys are in different age and so must be different height. So the height of the note at the door tells which boy put it!

Right?

Possibly No .

one boy could have written the confession note and another could have placed it on the door.

:)