BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

A Brief Exchange of Letters

WitchOfSecrets

Question

17 answers to this question

Hint: You don't have to anagram. You only add a letter to the beginning or end and remove a letter from the beginning or end.

Hint two: you are all going to hate me so much. I blame a bit of sleep deprivation on my part. I do not know if this is a fair puzzle but I expect that someone will figure it out eventually.

Edited by WitchOfSecrets

Just to clarify if i get it right:

Since 3 is either PEETA or GALE, 4 would have to be xEETx or xALx, where x is either a letter or an empty space ? (we only remove one letter and add one?)

edit: yea i googled taupe aswell, but you need to anagram to get to it

Edited by Potok

Peeta and Taupe some days back, but

It doesn't follow the criteria:

Hint: You don't have to anagram. You only add a letter to the beginning or end and remove a letter from the beginning or end.

Hint two: you are all going to hate me so much. I blame a bit of sleep deprivation on my part. I do not know if this is a fair puzzle but I expect that someone will figure it out eventually.

To get each answer, remove a letter from the one before, then add a letter. Doing this to the last answer can also get you the first answer.

to get from PEETA to TAUPE, you're removing a middle letter and inserting a middle letter. Or adding a letter U to the end ,and then moving the first 3 letters PEE to the end and removing E. First way it's not "the end or beginning". second way is more than "one letter"

Damn that's pretty brilliant WoS :D

agree wholeheartedly. used to think the mark of excellence in riddling was that :duh: when all is understood and seemingly so simple after the answer is revealed. but the delayed headslap adds yet another level of excellence all together. very nice WoS!