BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Favorite books?

flamebirde

Hard one i like so many,

Today I will say Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, If you don't cry reading that book your heart is made of black ice,

As to genres I like em all, literally I read lots of History, biographies, philosophy, spy, sci-fi fantasy, action, Ive even read harlequin romances probably a good biography on anm interesting person is my favorite gernre ATM, though next week when that will probably change.

I doubt I could narrow it down to 1 favorite. Instead I have favorite authors because I like most of what they've written - whether for entertainment value, good storytelling ability, etc. And many books I enjoy but that wouldn't be "favorites".

Favorite genres are generally sci-fi & fantasy, though more fantasy & its sub-genres. Joined Goodreads a while back & consequently have many more books/authors on my "to be read" list.

I have been an avid reader since childhood, getting through dozens of books each year. This one I found on the floor of an otherwise empty storeroom and it has given me much pleasure over the years. I would even say that I am a better person for having found it

To Kill a Mockingbird.

My fave would have to be The Host by Stephenie Meyer. That is then followed very closely by the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan. Don't know why, I just love The Host. And the Ranger's Apprentice series I like because it's set in medieval times.

My fave genres would have to be Fantasy, Medieval, Mythology, and some Sci-Fi. And then defo Romance. And then....yeah, I have no "favorite genre", I love them all. :P

re: Les Mis, I hated it. I love it, but I hated it. Mainly because we read the abridged, and Gavroche only appeared for about 33 pages. When he died, the book ceased to have meaning for me. *cries*

e: Les Mis, I hated it. I love it, but I hated it. Mainly because we read the abridged, and Gavroche only appeared for about 33 pages. When he died, the book ceased to have meaning for me. *cries*

Shame the book should be read in full.

Gavroche isn`t that important a character in the full book either.

Javert is 2nd to Jean Valjean in my opinion. Very well written character, Well Jean Valjean is probably the best written character in any book ive read.

Dang I`m getting sad just remembering the book now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh, where do I start?

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Every child of the 80's should read this book.

Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil. A romance with so much nerd thrown in... *satisfied sigh*

Anything by Ted Dekker. As far as I'm concerned, the man is a legend.

I also really liked The Time Machine. A relatively short book with a very well thought out history.

• 7 months later...