BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

One-Way Street

rookie1ja

This is lame, but her car was being towed (as the always do, backwards) and she was riding in the cab.

THEY DOWN ALWAYS GET TOWED BACKWARDS, JUST REAR WHEEL DRIVE DO, WHEN A FLAT BED IT USED OR FRONT WHEEL DRIVE IT CAN BE DONE FORWARDS... BACK WARDS ON A REAR WHEEL DRIVE JUST HELPS TO TOW ON THE FREE SPINNING WHEELS WHEN IN PARK THE REAR WHEELS OF A REAR WHEEL DRIVE WOULD BE LOCKED UP BY THE TRANSMISSION SO IT GOES BACKWARDS AND VICE VERSA ALL THAT FOR A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE... ON A FLAT BED IT CAN BE TOWED EITHER WAY

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
She didnt go in the wrong direction because the one way street doesnt say which one way to go in. As long as you go in that one way and dont try to turn around, you will be fine.... ?

this is one of my favorites :D

She was living in a bleak, dystopian, post-apocalyptic world where all the world's governments have crumbled. In the midst of this anarchy, some streets are still designated as one way by convention and perhaps even roaming death squads, but there are no formal governments and thus no laws which the teenager could be breaking as she drives along in her makeshift armored combat vehicle.

I agree...

I vote she did break the law, because in order to be walking down the street, she had to have been jay-walking...

In truth, the english is poor in the original question, because it states "went down a one-way street in the wrong direction..." By stating "wrong direction" it implies that the action taken was incorrect, but this is not the case, as there is no wrong direction to walk. She did not go in the "wrong direction" she went in the opposite direction than the direction indicated by the sign. Sorry, I just like being technical, and I am aware this is a miner issue with the problem.

I suppose one could argue against my point; that the statement "wrong" is dependent on the view. I am making the assumption that wrong is coming from a societal view, which of course, is no way indicated anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Walking the wrong way down a 1-way street isnt really a smart idea.. ;)

Why not? She would be facing on coming traffic. Also, this which would be safer if there was no pavement. In UK, if there is no pavement you should walk on the side which will face on coming traffic.

• 1 year later...

I have some answers here.. Those answers are just possible and i don't know the real one..

1.) She may be learning to drive an Aeroplane/Helicopter since this question haven't mentioned about the vehicle..

2.) She may be driving an unicycle/bicycle.. Since, it is legal to drive in an one-way direction in my country..

3.) As everyone says, she may drive in reverse direction.. but, that doesn't make sense/logic to this question..

4.) She May be that little adorable cute innocent girl wearing a skirt and a mickey faced shoes, learning to drive a remote controlled car on one of those one~way street. :lol::D

• 7 months later...

"A girl who was just learning to drive went down a one-way street"

there it is not mentioned whether she is riding the car or someone else riding the car.so someone else might be riding the same and she is present in that car.