Sign in to follow this  

Murder in the kitchen

Question

there was a murder in a kitchen

a detective found the suspect

yet the detective was a child who went to school

How is this possible?

14 answers to this question

The child was playing Cluedo with friends and won.

Edited by AntonMagus

Maybe...

It was a school play, and all the actors were schoolchildren

Edited by donjar

The wife is the suspect... because she shouldn't be leaving the kitchen.

I'm joking I'm joking. Please don't hurt me ladies.

The suspect had left the door open. When the child detective arrives, he finds a "murder of crows" had taken over the kitchen.

1. This is my 100th post - I am now an "Advanced Member". Yay!

2. I worry about this puzzle ever being completely resolved because the OP author is a two-timer (it's a joke - written a total of two posts to date).

3. Important question ... Is the word "murder" to be taken seriously? Murder is defined as the taking of a HUMAN life by another HUMAN.

If the word "murder" is taken very loosely, and if the meaning of the third line is simply that the detective is a school-aged child who then went to school after having found the suspect, then my solution is... a goldfish bowl was knocked off a kitchen table, killing the occupant goldfish, by a cat. The child finds the culprit cat, scolds it, and goes to school.

What exactly is meant by the phrase "yet the detective was a child who went to school"?

• The detective was a school-age child
  • The detective was a child AND had already made the trip to his/her school before he/she found the suspect
  • The detective was a child, the detective found the suspect as noted in the previous statement, and THEN went to school

Edited by Smith

The Murder Took Place in the school kitchen.

This would be logical if my memory is correct about school meals

1. This is my 100th post - I am now an "Advanced Member". Yay!

2. I worry about this puzzle ever being completely resolved because the OP author is a two-timer (it's a joke - written a total of two posts to date).

3. Important question ... Is the word "murder" to be taken seriously? Murder is defined as the taking of a HUMAN life by another HUMAN.

If the word "murder" is taken very loosely, and if the meaning of the third line is simply that the detective is a school-aged child who then went to school after having found the suspect, then my solution is... a goldfish bowl was knocked off a kitchen table, killing the occupant goldfish, by a cat. The child finds the culprit cat, scolds it, and goes to school.

What exactly is meant by the phrase "yet the detective was a child who went to school"?

• The detective was a school-age child
  • The detective was a child AND had already made the trip to his/her school before he/she found the suspect
  • The detective was a child, the detective found the suspect as noted in the previous statement, and THEN went to school

Wellsaid ..! But a mature person is also called a 'child' by his parent or by a Father in the Church. the person may be going to school to teach the students there..!

Although these types of puzzles may remain unsolved but I think they also test our imagination power. Also sometimes ...give lighter moments..! :wub:

all of us were children once and all of us (mostly) went to school, so obviously  a detective once went to school and was a child.(note* not IS a child who GOES to school. its WAS a child who WENT to school)