BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

A few logical cases

itachi-san

Question

some of these are old but I didn't find them in the search

1) A man lies dead in a large room. There is a chandelier attached to the ceiling and fancy artwork, sculptures and jewels all around. Near him there is a large window letting rays in, yet he was clearly not a vampire. What happened?

2) A man is returning home by train. If he was sitting in the non-smoking car he would have died. why?

3) A woman bought a new pair of shoes, went to work and died. why?

4) Two men enter a bar and order identical drinks. one lives, the other dies. neither had allergies or choked. what happened?

5) A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by another woman. The judge sat in wonderment and said: "I agree with the evidence, but this woman can't be punished" why did he rule that way?

15 answers to this question

A lot of these are pretty open-ended.

1. Heart attack.

2. The non-smoking car exploded or derailed.

3. Heart attack.

4. Heart attack.

5. Could be anything, but I've heard this as the murderer is a conjoined twin.

Edit: 69th post lololol :D:D!!!!1111one111eleventyone

Edited by j.green

#4 is the old classic one with the ice cubes.

As for #2, I'm guessing that an assassin was trying to kill him with a sniper rifle. The smoke in the train car allowed him to see the laser sight and successfully hide.

Looking at an old New York Times article, I can say that the answer to number 2 is

that the man was beginning to get smallpox and inhaling the smoke helps cure it before it has a chance to get more dangerous to him.

In a more logical term, I'd say that the smoking car is probably the last car on a train and therefore didn't suffer from the accident/fall off the cliff/etc. as bad as the other cars.

Since we haven't recieved definate answers, i'll throw out my guess on each of them.

# 1:

I think the Titanic answer is correct. Ballroom in a sunken ship. He died while exploring the wreckage because he ran out of air.lol

# 2:

The man was blind but recently had a operation to restore his sight. He is overjoyed at being able to see. Were he in a non-smoking car when the train went through a long tunnel, he would think he had gone blind again and killed himself in missery. However, in the smoking car, the light from the peoples cigarettes let him know he can still see. I think thats why it specified a train ride home, not a car full of smokers. lol

# 3:

I have heard a version of this before. one of the previous answers was close and made me remember it. The women is an assistant to a knife thrower. The new shoes have a higher heel on them causing her to be hit by one of the knifes.

# 4:

This one i think was correctly answered already. There is poison in the ice cubes. One man drinks his quickly and lives, the other drinks his slowly, the ice melts poisoning the drink, and he dies.

# 5:

J.Green acually helped me solve this one because i thought about his answer and it clicked. They are Siemese twins, thus completely identicle. They cannon punish the murderer because they will never be able to prove which of the two sisters actually did it. (all forensic evidence would be identical for them both).

Was she a tight-rope walker, or some other occupation where the new shoes caused her demise?

close

A lot of these are pretty open-ended.

1. Heart attack.

2. The non-smoking car exploded or derailed.

3. Heart attack.

4. Heart attack.

5. Could be anything, but I've heard this as the murderer is a conjoined twin.

Edit: 69th post lololol :D:D!!!!1111one111eleventyone

#5 is correct

I think I've got the first, and I've heard the fifth before.

The first:

The rays were fish. The room was on the Titanic; I just wrote a Titanic riddle, so this came easy.

yes. doesn't have to be that specific but yes anyway ;)

Does it have anything to do with the fact that non smoking compartments are mostly air conditioned?

nope

#4 is the old classic one with the ice cubes.

As for #2, I'm guessing that an assassin was trying to kill him with a sniper rifle. The smoke in the train car allowed him to see the laser sight and successfully hide.

you're onto #4 it seems but I cant give you credit unless you post the answer. awesome answer for #2 I'll give you extra credit =)

Since we haven't recieved definate answers, i'll throw out my guess on each of them.

# 1:

I think the Titanic answer is correct. Ballroom in a sunken ship. He died while exploring the wreckage because he ran out of air.lol

# 2:

The man was blind but recently had a operation to restore his sight. He is overjoyed at being able to see. Were he in a non-smoking car when the train went through a long tunnel, he would think he had gone blind again and killed himself in missery. However, in the smoking car, the light from the peoples cigarettes let him know he can still see. I think thats why it specified a train ride home, not a car full of smokers. lol

# 3:

I have heard a version of this before. one of the previous answers was close and made me remember it. The women is an assistant to a knife thrower. The new shoes have a higher heel on them causing her to be hit by one of the knifes.

# 4:

This one i think was correctly answered already. There is poison in the ice cubes. One man drinks his quickly and lives, the other drinks his slowly, the ice melts poisoning the drink, and he dies.

# 5:

J.Green acually helped me solve this one because i thought about his answer and it clicked. They are Siemese twins, thus completely identicle. They cannon punish the murderer because they will never be able to prove which of the two sisters actually did it. (all forensic evidence would be identical for them both).

yes to all 5 =) good job guys

1) WitchOfDoubt

2) Jake Coburn, extracredit: SeaCalMaster

3) Jake Coburn

4) Jake Coburn

5) j.green

just to clarify the answer to #5:

you can't separate them. not because you can't prove it. the judge won't punish the innocent woman for what the guilty one did.

Yea! lol. I love riddles like this. There are always many possible answers, but there is also one true answer that satisfies all conditions in the puzzle. lol good when taking a break from the bigger tougher riddles. Thanks for posting them.

I think I solve the first one.

the man first enter the room it was very old one and full with sculpture arts made by gold . then he was tried to open the window

and all the jewels falls on him, and he died