BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Riddle of Blood

Shakeepuddn

Question

17 answers to this question

Hmm.

The first, third, and fourth lines all work for so many things. "Curiosity", for example, or "a bacterial colony."

The second line's the catch. If it's referring to the phrase "blood is thicker than water," it could have something to do with family or history. Or is it something that turns water red? Or that has 'blood' that's made from water? (All living things do, but I assume there's more to it than that.)

Nothing yet, though some good answers along the right track.

Ak4su, I agree about riddles which are so vague that many answers would actually fit the bill just as well as the correct one. Such is not the case with this particular riddle. None of the wrong answers fit "all" the clues with ease, certainly none given so far. As with most of mine, the one correct answer will be clearly obvious in light of other possibles. In my opinion, that is what makes a GOOD riddle. Sure, one can make an effective argument for their guesses, such as Molly Mae did for the Death and the Maiden riddle, but the correct answer is usually the more elegantly simple one (hats off to WOD). That said, any guesses? Good luck.

"Blood" is a double meaning . . . the waste material of attack, as well as color of blood. Strongest fated means that the strongetst things we make are fated to die by nature . . . steel to rust . . . OK? The best and brightest refers to the best alloy we can make (steel and iron) and steel is actually bright. It's shiny. OK?

How does the 'best and brightest all-defeated' fit in here?

Best and brightest refer to the best shiny alloys. Regardless of how strong or shiny, rust will defeat them in the end.