BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Who would you choose?

flamebirde

Question

You are driving a car along a lonely road. it is pitch black and all you can see is what your headlights aluminate. Suddenly, your headlights find three people standing along a road. One is a doctor that saved your life once, another is an old man about to die if he doesn't get to the hospital soon, and one is the love of your life. (Yes, s/he will love you back if you pick her.) There is a storm brewing and they're all miserable. You can only take one person, and there is no going back. Who do you choose?

There is a right answer. Good luck.

23 answers to this question

You leave the car to the doctor and the ill man, for the doctor to drive to an hospital and you stay with the love of your life!

The OP said "You can only take one person", which one would take to mean "you" must continue in the car.

The OP said "You can only take one person", which one would take to mean "you" must continue in the car.

True, but nowhere does it state that I must remain with the car, thus by seeding my place I liberate a place !

I got it.

Here's the answer

Ok, here's the answer

You let the doctor drive your car and take the sick man to the hospital while you stay with the girl of your dreams.

I'm assuming you trust/know the doctor, he did save your life and you are able to recognize him quickly.

What's the point of sending the doctor? The OP stated that the old man needs to get to a hospital. Hospitals don't need a random doctor, they have their own.

Send the old man with the girl and hang out with your doctor buddy. You can weather the storm telling him how much you appreciate him saving your life - he will love it. You will also save the old man and get the girl.

Best outcome of all!

Kind of sideways thinking

You (the driver) are an old woman, Choose the love of your life who happens to be a sick old man that is the love of your life. The other two could be hijackers as far as you know, so be safe and skip them.

Why is an old man, a girl, and a doctor on the side of the road? I would infer that they must have been traveling together and broke down. I would take the old man to the hospital as the love of my life is probably related and will forever be in my debt for saving her grandfather. The doctor will also highly prize me saving the old man (who might just also be related, father/son?) and give me free healthcare. In the end, it is a win-win situation, or perhaps a win-win-win situation. I think the catch is they are all on a deserted road together. The must have been traveling together and are therefore either related or the girl and doctor are trying to save the old man. Either way, take the old man. You can always come back or send help for the others.

The love of my life? Will love me if I pick him/her. So just until now he/she has not returned my love, is it true love if I take him/her? Sounds rather mercenary. The old man who will die if not taken to an hospital, therefore the doctor is not needed, if he could do something hospitalization would not be urgent. I know I am indebted to the doctor, but I am certain he would accept that it is necessary to take the old man to the hospital. As I can't cede my place, I'll take the old man.

Yeah... anyway, Davight was the first to get the right idea, but TheChad was the first to truly figure it out. I would've thought it would've lasted longer... OK, new conditions. Now, there is only one person you can pick, no loopholes. who would you pick?

This answer is inconsistent with the OP, which should have been worded more clearly if "you" (the original driver) were allowed to stay behind. Instead of saying "You can only take one person", it perhaps should have said the car can only fit two people. A satisfactory puzzle requires a clear statement of conditions.

I wouldn't take any of them.

1. Doctors are overrated. They practice in a field of pseudoscience. If he had a PhD in a real science (and was a real doctor), I would pick him up.

2. The old man? No thanks. I don't save lives.

3. Love is b/s. Love is also a battlefield, but that doesn't really apply here. If she'll love me in return, how deep is that love? She'll likely leave as soon as she realises that I snore. So shallow.

Plus I have to make it to Mobile by sundown or there'll be hell to pay.

This answer is inconsistent with the OP, which should have been worded more clearly if "you" (the original driver) were allowed to stay behind. Instead of saying "You can only take one person", it perhaps should have said the car can only fit two people. A satisfactory puzzle requires a clear statement of conditions.

True... Sorry, I should've been more clear. Though, If I had said that, then it would have become a bit more obvious. First time posting a riddle. Sorry for the inconvience.

<p>Everyone seems to be forgetting one thing: He said they will love you back <u><strong>IF</strong></u> u pick them therefor, leave the doctor to take care of the injured man and take off with ur significant other. s/he can't be mad you did help the injured because the question said they will love you back anyway :P</p>

pick the doctor who once saved my life.. and i would make him drive the car who would then pick the dying old man... and i would step out of the car and walk away with the love of my life