BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hi, everyone. New to this site but will be paying fairly frequent visits as time allows :)

OK little bit about me. I'm a primary school teacher (ages 3-11) from Leeds, UK and, when I'm working, that's most of my time taken up, right there. I am a keen Diplomacy player (although I have never actually met anyone who can get a regular ftf game going outside of a classroom) and, for the sin of enthusiasm I'm an admin on a Dip site - I won't post which site or a link as I'm not sure whether that's in the forum rules here :) There is another chunk of my time gone again, unfortunately not so much playing the game as moderating, but it's all good fun (unless you're a cheater, of course :) ).

Brain teasers AREN'T my strong point, I have to admit: I just don't seem to have that kind of mind! However, I enjoy the challenge. Numerical ones I'm OK at, language-based not so much.

Anyway, I'll be prowling through the site fairly soon. Hope to bump into some of you.

13 answers to this question

Welcome rickleeds67 I think Diplomacy is a great game, but yeah its hard to actually get a decent game going, enjoy the site play the games as well as solving the riddles/puzzles. and watch out for tazers and nefarious plots by certain people who shall remain unnamed, because well i dont want to get into trouble :ph34r:

oh yeah and use smileys lots of smileys! ;)

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Thalia, having "watched" Mafia games on the Forum I run, they are not my thing, if am honest: it's a time thing. Quag I wear a special suit that just lets particle beam weapons bounce off me, as designed by Iain M Banks :) As for smileys I NEVER use them :dry: ... honest :duh:

@Thal Here, I'll do it. :)

MAFIA!

:D

And there we go.

Welcome to the site, ricky! Yes, I will call you ricky or rick from now on, I give out nicknames to all noobs. :D Course, I probably shouldn't talk like that, I'm only 13...... :unsure: Any hoo, it's sad to hear you say you won't be able to play mafia, it's really what half the people here are obsessed with, and we always try to convert new members to our side. :( But that's okay, you'll be helping us on the riddles and brain teasers, so you're part of our crazy, dysfunctional family anyways. :D And yes, definitely use lots of smileys. It'll get you on EDM the Smiley Queen's good side.

Before I sign off to go work on a project for school, I'mma gonna warn you about some people to watch out for. here is a list of the worst people on the site, as well as aliases, and reasons to avoid them. Here you go, ricky:

Molly Mae [aka Molly or MoMa]: He is just generally crazy and will fry your brain. No joke. He will scare you half to death, then do it again just for the heck of it. He is also extremely confusing at times.

Maurice [aka Mo]: Again, totally crazy. Like, MoMa, but a genius at mafia. He's really fun though, so I guess he's okay. He makes funny riddles.

EDM [aka.... EDM]: She is the SMILEY QUEEN. Use lots of smileys if you want to get on her good side quickly. And trust me, you do. Although, she's pretty amazing. I don't even know why she thinks she belongs on this list... :unsure: Maybe it's because she rubs off on people? She definitely rubbed off on me....

Quag: .... I really don't know. Bad typing skills, maybe? Him and EDM threatened me last time, though, because they weren't on my list. So now they are. YOU HAVE NO REASON TO THREATEN MY SAFETY ANYMORE!!! *curls into ball* :lol:

And last but not least, MissKitten [aka MiKi, MK, MissK, Kitten, etc. etc. etc.]: She is bipolar. She is crazy. SHE WILL FRY YOUR BRAIN!! She has an affinity to tasers. She :wub:s them. cavenglok had a series called Brian Dennis out a while ago, where you're a detective, and you have a taser. The way she handled things was by using the taser to its maximum potential [read: tasing everything in sight :P Kidding, it wasn't that extreme]. According to Quag, she is hatching several nefarious plots, but she has not put them into action. According to herself, she has no nefarious plots, although much evidence has been found. And yes, she knows she is talking about herself in third person. :D

*looks at speech* *goes back and deletes everything about mafia* *realizes speech has been cut by about half* Well, that's about it. I'mma go work on NHD now, so I can get it done before Isuicide.gif. Welcome to our big, crazy, dysfunctional family, ricky!

Edited by MissKitten

MiKi!!! My nickname is 'Li'... :P

Hi Rick!!! I'm EDM, Smiley Queen... :D

I'm totally nuts!!! :D

Yes, I use lots of smileys (thanks to BD, of course... ;))!!!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this site (I know you will... ;))..meh, i'd put more smileys but this place doesn't allow me to put more than 10 per post... :(

So...ENJOY!!! :D :D :D

*took me 2 tries to post as I put too many smileys...MiKi used images, not smiley codes... :P

Edited by EDM

@MiKi: :offtopic::o HOW DARE YOU GET 11 SMILEYS ON YOUR POST?! :o:angry:

I WAS ONLY ALLOWED TO PUT 10!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! INTO THE DUNGEON!!! :angry::P:D

*it's ok, i'm just kidding...I :wub: it when people use smileys coz it's all happy & cool...B))

Again...I'm always up for questions...oh, & you can just call me Li (pronounced 'lee')...but no, I'm not chinese...:D

Sup. welcome to the Den! Of course, being fairly new to the site as is, I probably shouldn't be welcoming you... :dry:

Thats OK, fb, I joined even later and I'm already welcoming newcomers!! :P

And rickleeds, its great to have you on BrainDen!! Hope you have a lot of fun... :D