BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hi there!

I recently discovered this site and I am having fun going through all the old posts. I've always been a huge fan of puzzles and brain teasers since I was a kid; this site is a gold mine!

Actually, I've loved fooling my brain so much that I'm currently creating a major project around this very topic. I'm currently working on a Master's degree in Museum Studies. One of my courses is called "Curating Science". The main project of the course involves creating an exhibition on the topic of our choice. It's hypothetical but planned down to the last detail. I choose to do mine on the various ways that brains can be fooled. This will include exhibit stations or mini games, all demonstrating various trickery, ranging from basic optical illusions to superstitions to fake psychic readings.

If anyone has any ideas what I should include, I'd love to hear from you!

I would also like to know why people love these types of things. (I know my answer, I'm curious to hear yours...)

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi Tarquin, Welcome to the Den! If you get a chance, you should check out the games section and Mafia. We're always looking for new players. There are also other options if you decide Mafia isn't for you. Eh. Someone will be here shortly to shout it at you either way. Hope you enjoy it here.

I'm not sure exactly why I like riddles and puzzles. They're just things I've always enjoyed since I could start doing jigsaw puzzles. I like optical illusions because I find it interesting how our brain interprets or alters what is really there. I'm not big on superstitions and psychic readings.

Edited for grammar and my sanity.

Edited by Thalia

Hey tarq! [Can I call you that?] Welcome to the Den! Yes, listen to what thal and cat say, were always looking for potential mafiosos! ;) Ue lots of smileys, it'll get you on EDM's good side faster. [she's the smiley queen.] I have a speech about who to stay away from, it's in Davideez's intro [about 3 under yours? Maybe 4?]. It's really helpful, actually. ;) Definitely don't come here if you worry about your sanity, this is a terrible place to stay sane. But yeah, welcome to the den! There's definitely something for everyone, and if you have any questions, there are lots of people who'll answer!

In accordance to that, I'm answering your first one. I like riddles and stuff because they're usually challenging, and I enjoy a good challenge. :) It's also a neat way to sharpen my skills and really use my mind, and there's the added bonus of being ble to stump my friends. :lol: And then, I really just got to know the people here, and riddling just became a lot of fun! It's really nice to be able to solve a riddle that one of your friends [albeit online] put up, hoping to stump people, and then you solve it. It really rewarding to solve a puzzle designed to confuse you. :)