The distant Sun within her nest

Smiling beneath the light

Sits high upon a field of grass

So greening and so bright.

Upon an emerald sea now shines

Her fire in the night

And burns within a golden bowl

All moored as if a kite.

(Note: The answer is very specific and will likely require some investigation once you have an idea of what it could be generally, so general guesses will not be accepted, sorry to say. Example: if the answer were "pepper" I would not accept "spice.")

Edited by Shakeepuddn

Hmm.

Liberty Island, with the Statue of Liberty and its torch.

The setting Sun within her nest <- Liberty Island is WEST of most of New York City!

Smiling beneath the light <- The statue itself doesn't literally smile, but the idea's reasonable.

Lies high upon a field of grass

So greening and so bright. <- Liberty Island has a lawn beneath the Statue of Liberty

Across an emerald sea now shines

Her fire in the night <- The torch is lit.

And burns within a golden bowl <- the light is in a "golden bowl" of sculpted flame, even if the rest of the statue is green

Moored as if a kite. <- it is held upraised, moored by the arm.

Edited by WitchOfDoubt

No Jipp. Keep in mind, you first need to have a "general" idea of what this might be, as offered through word clues presented in the puzzle, and only through investigating this option will you nail it. Discerning which ones might apply to the "general" idea is the trick. This is certainly one of the more difficult riddles I've posted but well within the deciphering sphere of you and others on this forum, who so frequently surprise me with your analytic skills.

heyy shakee... great riddle... now u see i originally thought statue of liberty.. yet u shunned it... so yh .. disappointment -_-:P

[spoiler=so i racked my brain a little :P ]and now i'm thinking.. Oympic flame /torch?.. if u want u can read the wiki site on it and how it is lighted u will kinda get how i got to it... http://en.wikipedia....i/Olympic_Flame

the "usage" part of the page caught my attention mostly

Edited by guppy