BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brian Dennis: Legacy

Cavenglok

WARNING: Some graphic violence. Viewer discretion is advised. (I feel so official! :D) Also, incredibly sappy, I mean, there’s a love interest.

Your name is Brian Dennis. You are remembering the old days while fighting the Zodiac Gangs. I will tell you what your surroundings and situation are, and you tell me what to do. I’ll tell you what happens once you do so. You have a M9 pistol, phone, contact book, and a police squad up your sleeve to command. Context: You have just defeated the Sabertooths along with your newfound love, Tigrisa. You have so far taken out the Phoenix and the Vipers. You were mortally wounded by the boss of the Sabertooths. Or so you thought...

COMMANDS AND TERMS:

CRIME SCENE: Here, you can observe anything you want. I’m gonna give as detailed a description as possible.

INVESTIGATE: Basically “look more closely at different details.” You may uncover clues and such.

CLUES: I tell you all the clues that may help you in your current situation.

INTERROGATE: You interrogate anyone you have in custody or prison.

RAID: You and your trusty police squad (now equipped with better weaponry in order to deal with the Zodiac Gangs) raid a certain location.

DISGUISE: You dress up as anyone you want. If you want to look like someone specific, name the outfit and physical description (eye color, hair color, and skin color) and stuff. I will tell you all about each new character you meet. You yourself are brown-haired, brown-eyed and light skin.

INSTINCT: You will do one thing that your gut tells you to do. You can perform one only three times in the mystery. Imagine it like a cheat code.

[December 25, Year 2034]

You and Tigrisa are sitting in your retirement home. Sergio and Amanda are listening to you retell the story of the Sabertooths and how you and Tigrisa met.

SERGIO: In the chest? What happened, you died?

YOU: Well, I’m still here, aren’t I?

AMANDA: Finish the story!

YOU: Hm.. I woke up in a hospital, cords all over me. I woke up with Tigrisa by my side...

You start remembering.

[March 14, Year 2010]

YOU: Ugh... Where the hell am I?

You’re in a hospital bed. You can’t feel anything except some heavy resting on your chest and arms. You try to recollect everything that happened. Some tigers leaping across the sky, running around with Tigrisa, running into the headquarters, and, heh, dying...

You see Tigrisa sleeping by your side. Croakily, you say her name. She wakes up in an instant.

TIGRISA: Thank God, you’re still alive!

She looks away. She obviously still feels guilty about what she did to you.

YOU: Is he dead?

TIGRISA: Yes. The Sabertooths have no leader. All the gang members were arrested, killed, or ran away. I think some got away, though.

YOU: Well, my work here is done.

TIGRISA: What? Don’t you go dark on me, Brian Romulus Dennis!

YOU: Heh, I’m not going anywhere, Tigrisa.

TIGRISA: Ok. I’ll call in the doctor.

[December 25, Year 2034]

YOU: For a long time, I recovered slowly and took to destroying the next Zodiac Gangs. Tigrisa told me of a Round Robin of all the Zodiac Gang leaders. I visited the place.

[December 9, 2011]

YOU: So this is the place? Looks like they left.

CRIME SCENE:

The only part that distinguishes it from the lush forest around it is the bloody corpse on the ground. Male, about 5’9”, brown hair, brown eyes, and light skin. From what you see of the carcass, there are 9 cuts in random places of the body. A knife is placed in the middle of his chest. Both hands are clenched tight.

Oh, also, there’s a trail of blood about 2 feet away from the victim’s head. It extends for only about half a foot. It seems dry enough to have been there awhile. When you move the body, you find that the grass under it is dead.

There are a few scratches on the tree bark about 5 o’clock from the site.

What would you like to investigate?

Edited by Cavenglok

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adding to everyone else thoughts:

maybe the trail is due to the body being dragged?

how far is the tree from him?

are there any other trees or rocks or smth with scratches like that?.. if not .. investigate the tree and around it to see if there is any other clues

First I would look at the body carefully first. The hands were clenched and I would try to open them up to find something. You must take notes of the cuts and straches on the body as you look over it carefully. Then I would try to study the area around the body and gradually exploring the blood on the ground where there might be a weapon laying on. After studying the details, I would have captured the strach marks on the tree and goes over to it to see if there is any clues on it also.

Try and find the time of death. Also see if any wounds were inflicted post mortem. Definitely check to see if they're after you. Could Felino have had any friends or close relatives, etc., who are after you for killing him? Or maybe a gang member wants to kill you and restart the gang? Look into those possibilities.

Also, do we have the taser, or did I finally get that banned? :huh:

Whoa. Lots of replies at once.

INVESTIGATIONS:

The scratches on the tree continue, almost in marks. You send a policeman in the crime scene to follow the trail to investigate more. The knife is plunged in the chest. The tree is about three feet away from the body. You check some rocks for scratches. You see a flower whose stem looks like it's been cut in half.

The cuts on the body look like it's made by the same knife as the one in his chest.

Could be that the Zodiac Gangs want to kill you. I mean, you DID tear apart three of them. You open the hands. You find a note crumpled in his hand. It reads, "Next is you, Detective Dennis." Yeah, I think they want to kill you. You take the knife and note and put it in a bag for fingerprints.

Felino's family data rests in the police station. You can travel there later, but you might want to check some more stuff here, because, although you owe them your lives, you KNOW that the police officers will mess up the crime scene.

Okay, so you guys can look more, or you can call the police officer to see what he's got so far on the scratched trees. If you want to pick up what you can about the body currently, you can, or you can send the body to Forensics and let them tell you what they found.

@MiKi Sigh... Yes, you do. But laws now apply to Climax City. You cannot perform cruel and unusual punishment. Like tazing them over and over.

Edited by Cavenglok

UPDATE:

I completely forgot to add the map. Here it is. It's going to be a lot more important than it did in Sabertooth. Just so you know.

The red mark in Juliet Park is where the current crime scene is.

INVESTIGATION:

There was no struggle. There is some flattened grass down the trail of the scratched trees. There are some footprints, but you're confused by the fact that there seems to be multiple trails of footprints to and from the body. You check his pockets. You find a wallet. It has a few dollars and an ID card from a Brian Henry. The ID is from the Hotel d'Pratteux. You can get more info on him from the police station and the hotel.

You already have a bulletproof vest. It's helped you before, so you constantly wear it.

You turn over the body. The grass is flattened from its weight, and the knife seems to have gone clear through his body, since there's blood on the ground and there's another cut on his back. The body has a bruised neck, and a black eye. The ring and pinkie finger on his right hand is broken.

You call your police officer.

YOU: Hey, Johnson, you found anything?

JOHNSON: Nope. This trail is pretty long, though. I haven't found much interesting besides the scratched trees and the flattened grass. Should I head...wait. You gotta see this.

You and some officers run down the trail and finally meet up with Officer Johnson. He's right, this trail seems to circle around the entire park and eventually to the big lake in the park. You raise your eyebrows. There's already a crowd and officers from another squad holding them back.

There's a crumpled car in the bottom of the lake. There's a big tire track leading into it, presumable from the car. There's a big pile of dirt where the car seems to have slid into, and you notice the driver's seat is open.

A crane pulls it out and you examine the inside. It looks pretty normal, ignoring that it's completely drenched and some seaweed floated in it. The wheel is okay, and the windshield is in one piece. The trunk is full of water, and there's a destroyed briefcase in it. You take it out gently and open it. There's a piece of paper in it. It's so drenched, you can barely read it, but you make out a few brushed symbols that look like Chinese.

You tell some officers to send the corpse to Forensics. You can investigate the lake and the car now.

UPDATE:

I completely forgot to add the map. Here it is. It's going to be a lot more important than it did in Sabertooth. Just so you know.

The red mark in Juliet Park is where the current crime scene is.

INVESTIGATION:

There was no struggle. There is some flattened grass down the trail of the scratched trees. There are some footprints, but you're confused by the fact that there seems to be multiple trails of footprints to and from the body. You check his pockets. You find a wallet. It has a few dollars and an ID card from a Brian Henry. The ID is from the Hotel d'Pratteux. You can get more info on him from the police station and the hotel.

You already have a bulletproof vest. It's helped you before, so you constantly wear it.

You turn over the body. The grass is flattened from its weight, and the knife seems to have gone clear through his body, since there's blood on the ground and there's another cut on his back. The body has a bruised neck, and a black eye. The ring and pinkie finger on his right hand is broken.

You call your police officer.

YOU: Hey, Johnson, you found anything?

JOHNSON: Nope. This trail is pretty long, though. I haven't found much interesting besides the scratched trees and the flattened grass. Should I head...wait. You gotta see this.

You and some officers run down the trail and finally meet up with Officer Johnson. He's right, this trail seems to circle around the entire park and eventually to the big lake in the park. You raise your eyebrows. There's already a crowd and officers from another squad holding them back.

There's a crumpled car in the bottom of the lake. There's a big tire track leading into it, presumable from the car. There's a big pile of dirt where the car seems to have slid into, and you notice the driver's seat is open.

A crane pulls it out and you examine the inside. It looks pretty normal, ignoring that it's completely drenched and some seaweed floated in it. The wheel is okay, and the windshield is in one piece. The trunk is full of water, and there's a destroyed briefcase in it. You take it out gently and open it. There's a piece of paper in it. It's so drenched, you can barely read it, but you make out a few brushed symbols that look like Chinese.

You tell some officers to send the corpse to Forensics. You can investigate the lake and the car now.

EDIT: Double post, whoops.

post-27620-0-69546900-1323737158.png

Edited by Cavenglok

INVESTIGATION:

The footprints wind around the lake, but stop at the entrance to the park. You can't really tell whether it was pushed or not, but you're guessing whoever was driving this didn't just drive his/her car into a lake and swim out, just so he can get out... Also, since the footsteps come from the lake to the corpse, you're guessing this Brian Henry was the driver...

The symbols are just Chinese characters. You can get a translator.

None of the witnesses remember anything. There's a Nathan Thomas, who reports that he always enters the park at the morning, and saw the car. He yelled out for help and some police officers arrived to investigate. You're almost certain they're connected; it's 7:00 in the morning in Climax City.

@Flamebirde Maybe. Or maybe not. ...okay, yeah, it is.

Darn. :dry: But.... if the suspect is being uncooperative, we can at least threaten them with the taser, right? *looks all hopeful* :P

Hmm.... Yay! Dragons! But..... I'm starting to worry they can breath fire or something..... since the gangs have some kind of modification..... Also, when was Return? Did I miss that one? Um, what else? Yeah, they're definitely connected. Hmmm.... maybe detain that Nathan person as a witness, ask him a few questions? I want to know why he was in the park at 7:00 in the morning. Also, any background on the victim?

@MiKi Sigh... Sure. Returns was the one right after Malicious Undead. It was irrelevant to the plot. Two kids, Sergio and Amanda, faked a kidnapping and ran away to start their own lives.

INTERROGATION:

Interrogation is a little different this time around. There are three levels of suspicion to the person you're interrogating; witness, suspect, and criminal. You call the level of suspicion. The reason for this is the police station puts different amount of security per person. I don't think you want to interrogate a criminal on a sofa in a nice lighted room, and an innocent person tied down with a light shining in his face. If you just met the person and you don't know, then you can call out suspect.

Nathan Thomas is available for interrogation. MiKi says witness. Everyone agree? Also, what questions?

Edited by Cavenglok

I agree with witness for now.

What do you do in the park at 7 AM and why 7 AM?

Besides the car, did you see anything else different in the park from the usual? Maybe someone walking around there who usually isn't? Show him a photograph of the victim and ask if he knows him. Watch his reaction carefully.

@marhart15 Sorry, I'll slow down a little. :blush:

INTERROGATION: NATHAN THOMAS (witness)

Mr. Nathan Thomas, 78, is a grey-haired, green-eyed old man with pleasant wrinkles that form a smile. He has some nice whiskers that stretch across his upper lip almost to his cheeks. He has an unusually strong stature for a man his age. He lives in the red house on Saunderson Ave. He has no criminal record. In fact, he moved in only about six years ago.

YOU: Nice to meet you, Mr. Thomas. I understand you're one of the witnesses who found the car in the lake?

THOMAS: That's right.

YOU: I see. I just have a few questions for you, and you'll be on your way.

THOMAS: Ask away.

YOU: What do you do at 7 AM in Juliet Park?

THOMAS: (pleasant smile) Nothing, really. I just like to take my morning walks.

YOU: That's an awfully long distance. Impressive, Mr. Thomas.

THOMAS:(pleasant smile) I like my daily exercise.

YOU: Very well. Besides the car, did you see anything else unusual from your usual walks? Landmarks, footsteps, any people?

THOMAS: (smile, then frown) Nothing in particular. But I very well may have missed something, I was so in shock from seeing the car. What a terrible accident, no?

YOU: Indeed. I have a picture here of who we think is the driver. He was murdered by several stabs all over his body. Do you know him? (you show him a picture of Brian Henry)

THOMAS: (mournful) Ah, yes. Brian Henry. Charming young man. What a shame that he's gone. Do you know why they did it to him?

YOU: Unfortunately not. We'll learn that once we catch the murderer.

THOMAS: (cheery) Ah, yes. Well, I hope you find them soon.

Any more questions, or dismiss him?

Edited by Cavenglok

Hmm.... Ooh yay, taser! *files this information away for later* :P Lawlz, jk. I'm trying to discipline myself to not use the taser unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. And yeah, I remember Returns now.

Okay, questions. Also ask, what was his relationship to Brian Henry? How did htey know each other? Does Nathan know if Brian had any enemies? Also, is Nathan ABSOLUTELY SURE there was nothing out of the ordinary? How long did he wait after seeing the car to call the police? And when do we get results back from Forensics? [Oh yeah, be nice to Nathan when asking him questions, make small talk, that kind of stuff. he's old and frail and at risk of heart attack. I really don't want to make this seem like an actual interrogation. ;) Of course, you probably knew this already, but I've been told that I can come off as rude.]