BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

mewminator

Question

um the pi=>9 thing

could you mean that we should use the numbers for pi and up till 9? or do we like take pi and it's first 9 decimal digits ? or does it like relate to the sequence of number 9's in pi?:S

and (this i find unlikely) but like the way we use => in math and stuff is in the meaning of "implies":S

.... still got nthh on this one.. gd one. really got be stumped

Edited by guppy

um the pi=>9 thing

could you mean that we should use the numbers for pi and up till 9? or do we like take pi and it's first 9 decimal digits ? or does it like relate to the sequence of number 9's in pi?:S

and (this i find unlikely) but like the way we use => in math and stuff is in the meaning of "implies":S

.... still got nthh on this one.. gd one. really got be stumped

your on the right track but no => is not "implies"

Hello, first time posting, so salutations to all!

I'm not sure I'm on the right track, can you confirm I have the first letter right?

i?

Fun puzzle so far, still trying to crack it!

Edited by Cuken

Hello, first time posting, so salutations to all!

I'm not sure I'm on the right track, can you confirm I have the first letter right?

i?

Fun puzzle so far, still trying to crack it!

nope

Does the key mean something like

Look after 9th digit of pi? (or look after the digit 9 in pi?)

nope, but quite close

Can you think of what => can mean other than "implies" or ≥, try to look at this from a more artistic point of view, like a drawing, => is a drawing of .....

Edited by mewminator

Hm....

I've tried a couple of variations on this but I'm still not seeing a pattern.

Obviously the key to the puzzle is the solution but I'm not seeing how it relates to pie;

Assuming this is a shift cypher;

A = 1 . . . Z = 26

Variation 1;

Take the numerical value of the letter and advance that many spaces, down the numeric chain returning to 1 if you go past 26. With the inclusion of pie => 9, take the 9th number of pie and use that as your shift.

Example: A(1) + 5 = E(6)

That doesn't really give me a workable pattern in the first few letters.

Variation 2

Advance forward then backwards for each digit in pie as you progress 9 digits into pie.

Example: A(1) + 3 -1 +4 -1 +5 etc. That too didn't give me a workable pattern.

Variation 3

Literally interpret pie into 9 and take it as divide 9 by pie? which gives you 2. something?

I'm not seeing the key correctly, or else I'm close and it's not a shift cypher and I'm way off base lol.

I know too much more of a hint would give the entire solution away, but can you give us the first letter?

Or are we right in assuming that => is an artistic representation of an arrow?

{=>

I figure you are trying to get us to say arrow...but that isn't helping me any.

that's correct

Hm....

I've tried a couple of variations on this but I'm still not seeing a pattern.

Obviously the key to the puzzle is the solution but I'm not seeing how it relates to pie;

Assuming this is a shift cypher;

A = 1 . . . Z = 26

Variation 1;

Take the numerical value of the letter and advance that many spaces, down the numeric chain returning to 1 if you go past 26. With the inclusion of pie => 9, take the 9th number of pie and use that as your shift.

Example: A(1) + 5 = E(6)

That doesn't really give me a workable pattern in the first few letters.

Variation 2

Advance forward then backwards for each digit in pie as you progress 9 digits into pie.

Example: A(1) + 3 -1 +4 -1 +5 etc. That too didn't give me a workable pattern.

Variation 3

Literally interpret pie into 9 and take it as divide 9 by pie? which gives you 2. something?

I'm not seeing the key correctly, or else I'm close and it's not a shift cypher and I'm way off base lol.

I know too much more of a hint would give the entire solution away, but can you give us the first letter?

Or are we right in assuming that => is an artistic representation of an arrow?

you're thinking way to complex

Can I buy a vowel? If not, how about the first letter.

-edit-

I spent some time looking up Jake Hunter for some hints... I think it comes from Memories of the Past but I couldn't find anything that provided more info about the puzzle in that game.

Edited by curr3nt

Can I buy a vowel? If not, how about the first letter.

-edit-

I spent some time looking up Jake Hunter for some hints... I think it comes from Memories of the Past but I couldn't find anything that provided more info about the puzzle in that game.

yes, it's from memories of the past

fine here's the first letter: m, hopefully that didn't make it to easy

in the game it was much easier because the character did most of the thinking, but it was a good riddle nonetheless, so I introduced a modified version of it here