BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I just made an assessment of which one question I cannot see the solution.

matrix.jpg

It is in Dutch, but is says: Which figure does most logically follow in this Matrix?

I'm very curious.

Regards,

Mike

6 answers to this question

its the 3rd block thats missing.believe the pattern is based on the postion of the white squares. in every block, one of the white squares is either diagonally separated by the black block from the other 2 white blocks or its physically separated from the other white blocks by the grey blocks. this means that the only block to fit the pattern is the 3rd option.

Edited by Dark Shadow

I've looked at a few patterns, none of which seem to fit perfectly, but my intuition definitely favours D and rejects A and B overall.

The more obvious observations are the near-symmetry along one or both diagonals, that (3, 2) is symmetrical, (3, 1) is a rotation of (3, 2), that each block has 3 of each colour, that the columns of the first row blocks have all colours.

Look at the pattern of blocks having rows or columns having two colours.

B = Black, G = Grey, W = White

1. First row blocks, horizontals - BW WG GB

2. Second row blocks, verticals - GB BW WG

3. Third row blocks

horizontals GB GB umm maybe GB again?

verticals WG GB probably BW

This would leave B and D.

This doesn't quite fit enough to my own liking... Could be a misleading coincidence?

In no case does any row stay as it was through any translation. Therefore, only option C (or third from the top) would be possible as all others maintain the BWB row on top that already exists in the matrix to the left.

In no case does any row stay as it was through any translation. Therefore, only option C (or third from the top) would be possible as all others maintain the BWB row on top that already exists in the matrix to the left.

This is not true for the second row of the second row (;