I'm tethered fast beside the well

I'll toss a charm therein

I'm lover's gift, offense propelled

Mayhaps your skin is thin

I lead my one from team of five

The weakest in this play

Among my hounds I pray survive

'less malice cross this way

Apologies in advance if I can't log in everyday to check answers.

14 answers to this question

Mayhaps an explanation be-eth in order for those... how shall we sayeth... lesser endowed? [Mainly people like me and roy-chan.]

And @DD Don't think I've said this yet, but welcome back! I look forward to beating you with answers to all the newest riddles! :P Kidding, you're probably better than me in your sleep.

Yeah, if DD solves a riddle, I consider that to have no bearing on how difficult the riddle would be to a mere mortal.

I'm tethered fast beside the well - attached to your mouth, next to the throat heading down

I'll toss a charm therein - eating

I'm lover's gift, offense propelled - ask roy-chan to explain the first one, the second is a :P

Mayhaps your skin is thin - not really an extra clue, just continuing the "offense" clue

I lead my one from team of five - taste, one of the five senses

The weakest in this play - less important than sight, hearing, touch, maybe smell

Among my hounds I pray survive - hounds = canines

'less malice cross this way - "bite your tongue" rather than utter hurtful words

Mayhaps an explanation be-eth in order for those... how shall we sayeth... lesser endowed? [Mainly people like me and roy-chan.]

And @DD Don't think I've said this yet, but welcome back! I look forward to beating you with answers to all the newest riddles! :P Kidding, you're probably better than me in your sleep.

Thanks. And I'm sure you'll be one-shotting riddles in no time :) (And I have probably 30-35 years of practice on you, so I should be better by now)