BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM IX: Call of the Brawl

Gmaster479

Honestly guys I don't cook up those theories for nothing, and I only include myself so others can calculate possibilities. I'm not asking you not to suspect me but including myself in my own list doesn't make me a baddie. Maybe I'm better off being killed tonight, then the goodies will have a better chance of finding the final baddie, but why would the baddies kill me if I'm the one you suspect the most then I'd keep the baddies alive for 1 day if I were to be lynched in the next. Anyway back to the drawing board:

curr3nt: I feel he wants me to suspect him, all we know is that he's not link

smoth: now 100% innocent

me: I'm not marth

cat and mboon: as unknown as usual someone (or more) needs to act on one (or both) of them tonight even though curr3nt says one of them claimed a role (can't figure that out)

Edited by mewminator

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys, it was a pleasure knowing you all.

I tried my best and it didn't work.

Goodluck everyone.

It was a good arguement actually, I was having major second thoughts but decided not to make a change. To GMs point if the discussion went on a little longer you might have been able to get some traction but it seems like people didn't check back in time to get any momentum built up on it.

although I still doubt you mew..

you'd be a complete idiot if you don't doubt me unless you have proof, in fact I'm nearly everyone's number 1 suspect

I am so glad I did not vote...I would have voted for mew..and then it wouldve been random.

it also could have been in pikachu's tiny hands, he/she could have saved either of us

Edited by mewminator

Well, I could write a lot more, but essentially my thoughts are this: mew or curr is the last baddie.

Neither one is a lock unfortunately.

Mew

For: He was lobbying hard that Flame was innocent (eventually voted for him after the out by tole).

Against: Voted for both baddies to be lynched. The first you could say “well, Flame was outed anyway, hide by voting for him”. The second was closer, but he couldn’t have gotten TheChad into a tie without including himself 50/50 and a baddie dies no matter what. State that “curr was the likely lynch target”, which he was, thank you Link! If a baddie why announce your lynch target? I suppose WIFOM maybe.

Curr

For: Has not voted for either baddie. He is actually ballsy enough to do a baddie self-kill, counting on a save coming his way.

Against: Kill target, heck of a chance to take that the save will hit him. Also, if he is a baddie, then he was trapped night 1 and could not have spied Maurice. This would mean the baddies were guessing Maurice was Meta-Knight because there was no action on night 2 – not completely unrealistic, but not 100% like if they spied him.

I know Cat did not vote for TheChad on Night 3, but if Cat was the third baddie then she could have voted “Mew” saying “I’m not sure” or something, causing a tie and a coin flip for the lynch instead of letting her partner die. Especially as TheChad presented a semi-plausible argument why he wasn’t Call of Duty. I suppose she could have abstained to stay “in the shadows” or (maybe) did not have a chance to log on to vote. Not 100% clear, but I am leaning toward Cat being a goodie.

I could be missing something of course in this whole thing, I reread it twice, but that is not a guarantee of understanding.

We have one shot to get this right – one of us dies tonight (unless Link guesses correctly). Then it is 3v1. If we lynch the wrong person then it is 2v1, a night kill gets it to 1v1 on the last day – a coin flip unless Pikachu is the last goodie alive.

Edit: font size again

Edited by smoth333

Link, I’d say go with your gut on the save – if you guess right we are in great shape, if wrong then as above. You could do worse than saving yourself.

Mario, consider not acting tonight as you could be stopping Link from the all important save chance – I know it lets the spy go through, but there

Marth, up to you on what you want to do, maybe redirect someone to themselves? Baddie spy gets no info, Link would save themselves and be around another day guaranteed.

Battlefield, I think the last thing we are expecting is a baddie self-kill at this point – might be the best strategy.

I think link should save smoth cause he's the only guaranteed goodie and the final baddie might go against him but if you don't trust me enough and only think that I'm saying so to target someone else and guarantee a kill then do what you will

as for marth to prove my innocence I wish he could direct my action against me (unless he did it last night then I should be a goodie or baddie to him)

mario do what you will

pikachu:................. you have a day role go hide from the baddies in a barrel or something

battlefield: good luck with your plan on taking out 4 people

I think Link should do w/e b/c at this point it's all WIFOM, I mean the baddies may think Link will save Smoth b/c he's the only known goodie, then the baddies will of course be targeting anyone but Smoth, and then the person they target is dead. Just do what you think is best Link

Edit: Will kinda be MIA b/c multiple exams tmrw and cs project and history paper on Wed.

Edited by mboon

I think Link should do w/e b/c at this point it's all WIFOM, I mean the baddies may think Link will save Smoth b/c he's the only known goodie, then the baddies will of course be targeting anyone but Smoth, and then the person they target is dead. Just do what you think is best Link

Edit: Will kinda be MIA b/c multiple exams tmrw and cs project and history paper on Wed.

by your logic that could be exactly what he wants us to think so he could target smoth and so the endless loop goes

In all cases I believe that would be the baddie's safest move even if smoth is to be saved because if anyone else but smoth is killed he'd be tightening the suspect list to himself

NIGHT 4: Headshot

With two baddie lynches in a row, the goodies were ready to finish them off. Marth decided that the best way to help their cause was to talk to mboon. Marth walked up to mboon and casually whispered something in her ear, giving her a new target for the night...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~COTB

Battlefield was alone, the last man standing among the XBox games. He was ready to finish off the Brawl characters and take revenge for the deaths of his allies. In the distance, he saw mewminator and decided that it was his time to go. Looking down his sights, Battlefield took his shot and saw it go clean through mew's skull. His corpse was found the next day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~COTB

END OF NIGHT 4

Host: GM

1. hotterthnfire - lynched and found to be Kirby

2. mew - killed by the Baddies

3. flamebirde - lynched and found to be Halo

4. TheChad - lynched and found to be Call of Duty

5. smoth333

6. 'Cat'astrophe

7. maurice - killed by the Baddies

8. mboon

9. tolecnal - killed by the Baddies

10. curr3nt

DAY 4 ENDS 11:30 PM EST TOMORROW. Please try and be active even though there are less of you :)

5. smoth333

6. 'Cat'astrophe

8. mboon

10. curr3nt - voting for mboon

And that just leaves mboon.

5. smoth333 - voting for curr3nt

6. 'Cat'astrophe

8. mboon

10. curr3nt - voting for mboon

Hmm, well I'm going with curr

You wound me smoth or should I say Mario. Cat claimed Link. One more goodie alive and they didn't target me.

It's just a flesh wound though....

...."Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!"

@curr

mboon voted for both baddies. I know that could be a cover-up or whatnot, but she voted early for them and didn't move. And on the D3 vote TheChad gave an argument why not to vote for him which a baddie could have used, saying they were buying his argument. If she had moved to Mew than they are at 2-2 right now instead of 3-1.

Cat, similar reason in that she could have voted for mew, tying it up and say "I just don't know, let a coin flip decide it". She also voted for Flame (though he was outed and that could have been a bus move).

You voted for neither baddie, and even though there is a lot of faith in guessing you are a baddie (e.g. self-kill risk) I just don't see the other two as baddies.

You also haven't given a lot of reason to vote for mboon beyond "it must be mboon".

I know that I could be missing subtext somewhere in the whole thread, but at the moment I am still not convinced.