BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

6x4 Rectangle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry, perhaps geometry isn't my thing, but I'm not seeing how this slice makes the desired rectangle, could someone post the compleated 4x6 grid as made bythis slice?

I am lost as well, I don't see a 6x4 rectangle anywhere.

I solved it Josiah's way which I agree was easier so here's the cut with the two colors

Oh I read the directions too quickly.. I thought they said 2 cuts not 2 sections

• 3 months later...
post-8842-1215664710_thumbjpg
I'm sorry, perhaps geometry isn't my thing, but I'm not seeing how this slice makes the desired rectangle, could someone post the compleated 4x6 grid as made bythis slice?

• 2 weeks later...
6x4 Rectangle - Back to the Geometry Puzzles

Slice the picture into 2 sections (Edit: jagged cut) from which you could make a rectangle 6x4 squares.

post-2-1175348603_thumbgif

6x4 Rectangle - solution

post-2-1175348622_thumbgif

Look at the solution and imagine picking up the piece on the right side. Turn the piece over then fit it into the bottom of the remaining piece.

I solved it Josiah's way which I agree was easier so here's the cut with the two colors

Technically this works since one slice can be done by not taking the blade off the paper and outlining the two pieces with one stroke or "slice"

• 1 year later...

cant you cut it from the point corner to the other point corner in a straight line, then slide the bottom left up, joining it at the top of the other half therefore giving you a skew 4 by 6

Edited by Pieter :-?

• 4 weeks later...

You have to count the half squares and sum them with the complete sqares in the same line to make it sence.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The 2nd solution by josiah47 doesn't work. You can't make the green portion without cutting the piece into 3.

It works fine, if you fold the smaller piece along the bias, as shown. Which is how I solved it.

post-44709-040738500 1306692012.jpg