BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Klueless Mafia II

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now you need to submit answer as reply to your role PM, and I'm not going to verify all your guesses...

specially you Sakura, I don't want to lose on another good puzzle just coz of your insistence on getting immediate verification...

Edited by KlueMaster

Sakura, I know the answer to the first bonus puzzle. Thanks to your pressing for hints and I am guessing mass puzzle guesses you made it VERY easy to find the answer. So I told Klue and he agreed that it was now too easy and made a new puzzle. Don't expect quite so many hints quite so fast this time.

On another note... Why would you make so many guesses if you haven't already solved your puzzle?

At Klue, in the case of multiple correct guesses you'll pick based upon submit time right?

Yes

And now to solve the original D1 puzzle:

1. All the icons belong to Office communicator. Each icon has corresponding text.

2. Focus on the capitals: In A Terrible Awkward state => IATA (capital letters in the sentence)

3. Linking IATA to 3 letter codes obtained in step 1 will make you realize what do they stand for.

4. Once you've realized the significance of 3 lettered codes, find the states corresponding to them. (In first case it is Virgin Islands, take that too).

5. Combining the state codes will give you the answer.

Now, I'm sure someone is going to crib about being so close to solving it, but they should know that someone else had guessed up to step 3 within 15 mins of puzzle being posted (even without any of my hints)... also someone else had obtained the answer and pointed me to a glitch...