BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Virtual world Roleplaying game

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The king nods to each in turn as they introduce themselves. "it is a pleasure to meet all of you. there is a rumor flying about that you stopped a war between the hippos and the dolphins. Is it true? could you tell me more about that?" framm proceeds to tell the king the details. the king listens attentively, and seems to reach some sort of conclusion at the end of the tale.

"i'm afraid i have a rather large favor to ask of you."

"there's a large cave roughly a mile outside the city limits. it houses a fierce monster known as the daranga. currently its sealed in by the power stones. but with their power fading, everyone including my own troops won't go near the place. never the less, we need some way of assessing how much power the stones have left, so we know when to begin evacuating the city. we've already begun evacuating some of the women and children, as we know there can't be that much time left, but if we can keep a skeleton crew here a few more days, it would ease many troubles later on when the daranga is dealt with."

"I am aware of the danger, yes, basically that's what I'm asking you, no need to mock me. I obviously won't try to force you to do this, you can help with the evacuation process if you feel your services would be better rendered there."

ooc: really owe you guys an apology, sorry for being away for so long.

the group decides to check out the cave. as they approach, they see a large steel cage that's glowing with power. they see a large pair of eyes behind the cage, waiting menacingly. each eye looks to be the size of loki himself. RWWWRRR!!! the hear the creature let loose a ferocious growl. its hard to get a good look at the creature itself, it seems to be in some sort of shadow. still, it's quite clear the cage won't last much longer. 5-7 hours tops.

ooc: i wasn't sure whether or not to have the creature break out unexpectedly. if you feel your characters would enjoy a battle i can of course still arrange that. or you can report back, and help out the army attack it in 5-7 hours, if you would prefer.

ooc: a litte meta gaming but eh...

loki agrees to follow flame. they reach back at the mermaid kingdom in short order. the king is outside the city limits to meet them. "Well? whats the verdict? how much more time do we have?" Flame tells him. "dammit! well it will invite a panic, but we have no choice but to begin a mass evacuation. General?" "yes sir." "organize as many troops as you can muster, we have a monster to slay."

back at the cave, miki is curious as to what exactly the monster looks like. she approaches as close as she dares. she can just make out several tentacle like things flowing along the ground, as thick as tree trunks. the monster probes its cage, and is met by a powerful electric jolt. it roars again in anger and frustration.