BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Virtual world Roleplaying game

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cara looks slightly disappointed, but then shrugs it off and continues watching the race. resca falls into third place for a short period, but then puts on a burst of speed and manages a first place ending. Cara smiles knowingly and begins swimming toward the racer. as she reaches the racer one of her attendants hand her the wreath. Cara gives a rousing speech on athleticism and society, then places the wreath on the racer's head.

MiKi has enjoyed the festivities, but she suddenly remembers, "We have kingdoms to save!" She quickly turns to Loki with wide eyes and says, "Loki, we need to go! All the time that we've been sitting here having fun, the crystals are getting weaker! Who knows what state the other kingdoms are in!"

Loki jumps up. "Let's go then!" He quickly explains to Cara that they had to leave and - after telling her that yes, they would come back some time - rounds up the others, reminding them of their quest to 'save the kingdom'. "So, where do you guys want to go to next?" he asks.

OOC: For reference - Dolphin, Eel, Hippo, Mermaid, Manta Ray, Crab, Jelly Fish, and Whale

ooc: this will be my last post until Thursday. got some holiday plans.

The group gathers to leave, and begins the journey to mermaid land. it's a fairly short trip, at least compared to some of the others.

the mermaids and dolphins are in good graces with one another.

as they approach, they see an elegant city, with thousands of buildings.

a mermaid sentry approaches them. "that will be far enough now. you can turn around and just go back the way you came."

the sentry seems a little put off. "listen, the king's rather busy, running the country and all. unless you have an appointment, which i rather doubt..." a mermaid carrying what appears to be a letter approaches the sentry. "the king asked me to give you this, said it was urgent." the sentry opens the letter, and begins reading. as he reads, his hands begin to shake, and he seems frightened. then he straightens up. "the king has requested your presence, right this way, please."

the sentry leads them down a wide alley way. several mermaids turn and stare, out of curiosity. some seem to be murmuring to each other. "are those the dophin heroes? I hear they turned an entire army of hippo invaders back." the sentry ignores all this, devoted solely to his duty. soon they are at the palace. two fiercer looking sentries stop the group at the gate. "halt! who goes there?"

"i bring these guests on the king's request." the sentry leading the group hands the gate sentries the letter. they look at each other, and then stand aside. the sentry leading the group turns to them. I'm afraid i can go no further. follow the hallway, and turn right at the split. follow that hall way, and knock on the big double doors. The king himself will open the doors for you.

the group follows the sentries instructions, the hallways are nicely lit with some kind of glow worms. there are several paintings on the wall of what appear to be former kings. the group reaches the door and knocks. the door opens slowly but forcefully, revealing the king. regally dressed, the king seems to almost emanate power. yet, the kings expression is grim. "greetings travelers, please come in. I'm sure you have many questions, and I have a few of my own."