BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Virtual world Roleplaying game

ooc: go ahead and announce it. with something minor like this i expect you to find it. if you're not altering you evironment or doing something your caracter is incapable of, it's basically permissable.

edit: ooc: molly; the reason the hippos are attacking the dophins has already been stated. please reread the last few pages if you need a refresh.

Edited by phillip1882

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Aha!" Loki announced. "I may have found something! It says in this book that what the crystals do is release an energy that destroys a certain bacteria, found all around here, that prevents the hippos' food from growing. They must use it as a kind of pesticide to allow their food to grow." He reads on a little before stopping at another section. "It also says here that this particular bacteria is almost always caused from industrial pollution. Hmm..." Loki adopted a thinking pose for a moment, his friends watching in silence as they waited for him to continue. "Maybe...The pollution causing the bacteria probably comes from the dolphins' machines...so maybe we could convince them to use them less? Or maybe just control the flow of pollution so that it doesn't come near the hippos, as I doubt it will affect any other group this much. Then the hippos would be able to grow their crops without the crystals, the dolphins could have more of them and everyone would be happy. That might even put a stop to the war! What do you guys think?"

OOC: Yeah I know it's a little long but whad'ya think?

"Perhaps we could visit the dolphins and see if they can do anything about it. After all, it's in their best interests; they'll get more crystals and they won't need to go to war. But we should hurry; our effort will be for nothing if the dolphins and the hippos go to war anyway."

ooc: an interesting take loki / panther; i like it!

everyone ready to head back? remember, you'll need to bring one or two of books with you; i recommend the pesticide book as proof of your words, and the basic farming techniques, but ultimately its up to you.

MiKi sees the logic in flame's statement. She sticks the farming techniques book in her pouch and swims after him, impatiently waiting for the rest of the group. "Come on, guys! Like flame said, no time to waste! We have a war to stop!"

OOC: Wow.... this rp is a serious stress reliever..... It's, like, the one place I can get away from finals and just totally annoy the people with me to no end! :P:lol:

now that the group has everything they need, they begin to make their way back. it's a long journey, and rest is certainly warranted at this point. by the time they reach dolphin land they are really beginning to feel the effects of no sleep. Framm easily spots the general out in front, giving a speech of some kind.

the general speaks to the guards: "it is all right gentlemen! let him pass." "but general..." "this octopus is about to save us all."

the guards turn and salute, letting framm pass. "please tell me you have good news; I don't like being made a fool of."

Loki takes over the story. "General, using these books we have discovered something which may stop the war, and get your dolphins the crystals they need. It tells us..." and he describes what he found. "In short, if there is some way to either reduce the pollution you are creating or simply divert it in a different direction, then there is a solution to this whole problem. The hippos get their food without the need of the crystals, and you get the extra crystals they would've used." Loki stops, realising that he is rambling on a little, and waits for the dolphins' leader's reply.

OOC: Psst, Panther! We're talking to the hippos! ;)

MiKi is used to pulling all-nighters, because she must pull them quite often now that finals are coming. As a result, she is slightly more coherent than the others. "I'm sorry," she quickly interrupts, "Loki's confused. What he means to say is that the dolphins are producing a kind of pollution that creates a certain kind of bacteria that is hindering the growth of your crops. We have not yet been to the dolphins to ask them to help stop the pollution, but we feel that if you could give us a day or two to get some rest and meet with the dolphins, we could save both sides a whoooooooole lot of bloodshed." She patiently waits for the General's reply after discreetly jabbing Loki with her tail.

OOC: Gonna indulge in a little more OOC-ness real quick, get this out of my system. Due to circumstances IRL, I've been forced to mature really fast, so a lot of the time, I'm acting more like a 15 or 16 year old instead of the 13 year old I am. But recently, I've started to feel a lot more like my age than I usually do....... It's really weird......

OOC: Psst, Miki! I read this -

now that the group has everything they need, they begin to make their way back. it's a long journey, and rest is certainly warranted at this point. by the time they reach dolphin land they are really beginning to feel the effects of no sleep. Framm easily spots the general out in front, giving a speech of some kind.

So I don't really know where the hell we are... XD Phillip said one thing, Framm said another and I just took a guess.

OOC: OK folks, we're at the hippos just now - Loki is about to tell them of our plan and then we'll visit the dolphins to act it out.

Loki quickly outlines what they have discovered to the Hippo general, telling him what the crystals actually do and their plan to rid them of the need to use them, thus giving the dolphins nothing to fight over and hopefully averting this whole war. After listening intently, the general laughs. (Am I allowed to assume his reaction?) "Only such a band of travelers could shed light on a problem which has been steadily growing for years. Go then, to the dolphins, and see if you can halt this sure-to-be-devastating war before it begins."

"With all due haste, sir!" Loki replies. "Guys, you coming? We have a war to stop!"

OOC: Just remembered that we're shattered :( Think we have enough strength to go back and then explain to the dolphins what needs to be done, or can we afford to rest? It depends on whether the dolphins will wait when they see the hippos are not attacking - giving us time to rest - or whether they will simply attack anyway. Phillip, can you shed some light onto the situation? And does anyone else have any opinions or ideas?

listening carefully to loki's story, and skimming the books they brought, the general smiles. he turns to his fellow soldiers. "My people! We have what we came for! a way to acquire more food to feed our citizens! let us rejoice, for the dawn of peace is upon us!"

"Hip, Hip, Hurray!; Hip, Hip, Hurray!"

the hippos begin organizing a withdraw. the general turns to framm. "on behalf of all of hippo kingdom, i give thanks. take this as a small token of appreciation." the general hands framm a box. within is a metal of valor. "if you ever need me, stop by hippo kingdom, i will fight to the death by your side, my friend."