BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Virtual world Roleplaying game

Molly sees the sign World Quest. It's a circle with the word "World" in blue and green letters, and the word "Quest" in gold. the word "Quest" lights up every now and then. there are doors that pull outward to get into the room to play the game.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Cautiously looking around, Molly finds herself drawn toward World Quest.* (Even better than the Stars of Myzoria) *As she nears, she no longer looks around. She can't take her eyes of the word Quest, trying to guess when it will again alight. She reaches out a hand and grips the handle of one of the doors and begins to pull.*

*5/10 mins earlier, as Molly was talking to the lady at the help desk.

Loki - who was perched on a sofa in the corner of the arcade, observing the crowd of people and keeping an ear out for anything interesting - perked up.

'Hmm,' he thought to himself, 'Something about that "World Quest" seems a little off. If the rumours i have heard are true, they may need a little help with their "Quest". Perhaps I should just leave them to it.' Just then, something made Loki glance up from his musings. His gaze was drawn towards the brightly coloured poster just behind the help desk, advertising the very game that he was deliberating over. He paused for a moment; almost looking away again when the sign shone. Loki blinked, and it was as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

He grinned. 'Who am I kidding? I've been waiting for an opppurtunity to test my skills for years. And if that wasn't a challenge i just saw, then I don't know what is.'

Loki swung his legs over the side of the sofa and stood up. He glanced at the poster behind the desk again, smiled to himself and quietly shadowed Molly to the entrance of World Quest.

Edited by Panther

*hearing the door creak, Shad turns to see Molly opening the door* "Seriously, Molly, she's telling us there's some sort of metaphysical price, and you're off trying to go play with it?"

OOC: yeah, you can only control yourself.

(just thought of it, and just to clarify my last, when I say "see Molly opening the door", that's more the way I read the situation than meaning Molly's actually followed through and opened the door).

ooc: if there is something like that, pm me with it, and i'll say it. Right, you can only control your own characters.

*as molly opens the door, the room itself is much smaller than she expects. there is enough room for maybe 8 people. there's no place to sit except the ground itself, and there are several helmet like things with visors for the eyes. each helmet has a long thick cord coming out of it going into the ceiling.*

*Molly slowly turned at Shad's call, her own voice distant* But it's so pretty! And Time Crisis 3 was so terrible. And they don't have TC2! Just look at it -- *she glances back up at the word 'Quest' and her eyes glaze over.* --it's so pretty... *She slips inside and approaches one of the terminals.* Coming or not?

*sighs resignedly, used to Molly's recklessness* "What happens if one person tries to go in alone?" *yells as she hurries over to Molly* "I'd say I can't believe you're being so reckless....but I know you too well"

"From what I can gather, four or more people are needed to actually start the game." Shad and Molly jump as Loki enters the room behind them. "World Quest will simply not start if the required number of players are not present and willing to take part"

OOC: I've left it open to you guys if you want to decide if you know me already or not. You know, whether you say something like "Who are you" said Shad suspiciously.

or

"Loki!' Molly cried. 'I've not seen you in ages!' or whatever.

OOC: Maybe I know you but not Molly--Molly would totally hang w/ the god of mischief, but I try to be a tad more responsible.....

"Yeah, don't want to take a chance....who are you?"

Edited by Shadow7

OOC: i was willing to let a person begin alone and have others join in as they read and decided to play. did you guys want to wait for flame and miki or not?

Edited by phillip1882

"Yes, because janitors totally wear giant hats......and are you sure we should do this....isn't that how you got kicked out of that one museum?" *glares at Loki* "Seriously, who are you?"

OOC: I'd like to make sure we have a couple, but I think 3-4 is fine to start

OOC2: do any of you read girl genius? b/c after Molly's last, I'm totally imagining Loki wearing a hat like the one the Jägers made for Gilgamesh in that......

Edited by Shadow7

OOC: We can wait, if everyone wants to. A little character dev by interaction never hurt. =P

*Surprised* The museum! That reminds me. Do you still have that rock that I gave you? I completely forgot about it...

Hmmm...what does this do? *Molly grabs one of the game's headgear and puts it on.*

*is distracted by the question* Umm....somewhere....I think..... *fumbles in her bag* [less than child-friendly language] where did I put that....*realizes what Molly's done and curses again* Seriously, Molly? Again? Stop touching random things!

OOC: yeah...my character thinks nothing of most cursing....I will bleep it out though for the thread

Edited by Shadow7

ooc: I'm really liking molly, this will defiantly speed the story along.

*as molly puts on the headgear she hears a voice. and sees an ethereal being form before her.*

"i am Gina, spirit of World Quest. Welcome Molly. I see not everyone has logged in yet, once at least four people have put on the head gear we can begin with the adventure. or you can begin yourself by clicking the accept button." *Molly sees a red accept button hover in front of her.*

"A friend" Loki replies. "One who is willing to help you in your "Quest". And who is rather looking forward to it himself. *sighs* "It's been so long..."

He noticies Shad looking oddly at him. "Wha..." Loki starts to ask, before realising exactly where he is staring. "Damn it!" he exclaims. Loki quickly snaps his fingers and the large and awkward looking hat was gone, almost as if it had never been there in the first place - which it hadn't, really. Before Shad can ask him about that too, he swiftly changes the subject: "Oh, and I wouldn't enter the game yet if I were you." he directs at Molly. "I have heard that it is rather tough - you'll probably need all the help you can get."

OOC:Large stupid hat? Really? :P And where on earth did you get the janitor thing? And are we allowed to actually curse in the forums?