BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM VIII: Tom and Jerry Mafia

OK, S-chan, I'll let you live then. IDK whether or not MiKi will though...

For mboon and others, since this is a trainer's manual mafia, maybe we should go back and point out the hints after the game's done. I def missed them all in my first game until I had them pointed out to me. As for MiKi's role, I think I see which one she hinted at, and have no particular reason to doubt it at this point. But I won't say what it is for now in case Tom has RID.

Whoa, and I'm bad at hints so unless they are pretty explicit I miss them. Also, my hints would probably be way too obvious, that's why in all the games I've played, I've always played sincerely lol I mean, there's really nothing to hide when you're a goodie so might as well play sincerely :)

i'm always like this!

i can't wait much longer,will check 2morrow,so bye guys.

and baddies be aware

Tonight was quite a peaceful night. Butch phoned up some buddies and asked around trying to find people's roles. Meathead however gathered some rope and tried to tie up MiKi, but he was too late - little Tyke accidentally trapped MiKi as he was learning how to set up traps. Tuffy picked up some skills from Spike as well, but at least no one got hurt... Cuckoo did come in handy.

D1 ends tomorrow 9pm

(I changed it back)

kristmark1 and Maurice

1. plasmid

2. tolecnal

3. Hidden G

4. Tralala!

5. mboon

6. smoth

7. Sakura-chan

8. 'Cat'astrophe

9. MiKi

Oh s**t, I messed up!!!

Meathead tied up plasmid. So...

Tonight was quite a peaceful night. Butch phoned up some buddies and asked around trying to find people's roles. Meathead however gathered some rope and tried to tie up plasmid. Tyke accidentally trapped MiKi as he was learning how to set up traps. Tuffy picked up some skills from Spike as well, but at least no one got hurt... Cuckoo did come in handy.

Edited by kristmark1

RETCON!@_@

Hosts: kristmark1 and Maurice

1. plasmid - voting for tolecnal

2. tolecnal

3. Hidden G

4. Tralala!

5. mboon

6. smoth

7. Sakura-chan - voting for tolecnal

8. 'Cat'astrophe

9. MiKi

I'm also going to vote for tole, because I still can't post in color.>_>

I'm going to go opposite of your thought plasmid and vote for someone that's been talking a lot.... :P

Note that I am perfectly willing to move it, however I'd like to hear what you have to say.

2. tolecnal

3. Hidden G

4. Tralala!

5. mboon

6. smoth - voting for plasmid

8. 'Cat'astrophe

9. MiKi

p.s. nice touch on the self vote!

Fair enough, here's what I have to say for myself.

1) Since I was blocked by Meathead, I probably am not Meathead.

Aside: Maybe it's theoretically possible that I was super sneaky and blocked myself in order to make it look like I'm not Meathead. But I am not sure if self-blocks are even allowed (since it seems like self-lynches are not allowed). If you want, you can ask kristmark1 if that would even be possible.

2) Since I was blocked by Meathead and it looks like Butch's spy went through, I cannot be Butch.

Grrr! Foiled again by logic!

Actually, I just didn't put it together following the second post, oh well.

I'll change my vote when I can get back on again in a couple of hours and I've had time to think of accusing someone else who has a perfectly good defense.

Oh no, reeling from the effects of oktoberfest celebration - I know why sak is voting for me but will find the next vote on me interesting, just stoked to have survived n1. How is it that there was no nk? Are we talking inactivity or wifom, cus block<nk right?

I think maybe the NK was saved, the night post said something about Cuckoo acting or being needed or something.

How do you know why Sak-C is voting for you?

Switching off of plasmid for reasons above - Cat what do you have to say for yourself?

2. tolecnal

3. Hidden G

4. Tralala!

5. mboon

6. smoth - voting for Cat

8. 'Cat'astrophe

9. MiKi

2. tolecnal

3. Hidden G

4. Tralala!

5. mboon

8. 'Cat'astrophe

9. MiKi - voting for Cat

Adding MiKi's vote from post 92

If I'm correctly guessing your role MiKi, the very weak evidence that I do have suggests that tole, mboon, and cat would be potential players to target. But with the very limited information available, I can't be of much more help for now. Maybe later on.

Why are people voting for Cat? And I'm not so sure about Plasmid's logic. I sense a very sneaky cover-up. It's not impossible that he blocked himself, right? And he was awfully quick to jump on how that had to mean he couldn't be either of the Mafia characters...

Well, cat's been pretty quiet, so we use lynch pressure to get her to talk. And nobody wants to be implicated as a baddy, so yeah, plas is gonna add some kind of defense. And I think someone actually accused him first, right? Or is the vision of a big juicy treat playing tricks on my mind? And anyhoo, from what I can tell, plas is a very jump-the-gun type of a person, so if there's any chance of him being accused, he's gonna defend it. It's like the preemptive arguments that we use in debate. In the negative's last case, they address every possible issue the affirmative might raise in their last case so that the judges won't immediately just count it as fact. [Yeah, I'm in debate this year. I'm probably gonna use a lot of debate analogies in mafia...]

The treat is a bone, BTW. Another hint, for those who didn't catch my first one.

Also, I say we try for a tie D1, so tom, no vote manip-ing, please?

Below is another hint. Not that hard to figure out.

And tyke, blocking me hindes the goodie movement, so no more blocking, son.

Well, cat's been pretty quiet, so we use lynch pressure to get her to talk. And nobody wants to be implicated as a baddy, so yeah, plas is gonna add some kind of defense. And I think someone actually accused him first, right? Or is the vision of a big juicy treat playing tricks on my mind? And anyhoo, from what I can tell, plas is a very jump-the-gun type of a person, so if there's any chance of him being accused, he's gonna defend it. It's like the preemptive arguments that we use in debate. In the negative's last case, they address every possible issue the affirmative might raise in their last case so that the judges won't immediately just count it as fact. [Yeah, I'm in debate this year. I'm probably gonna use a lot of debate analogies in mafia...]

The treat is a bone, BTW. Another hint, for those who didn't catch my first one.

Also, I say we try for a tie D1, so tom, no vote manip-ing, please?

Below is another hint. Not that hard to figure out.

And tyke, blocking me hindes the goodie movement, so no more blocking, son.

I did vote for plas to see what he had to say. I get what you are saying Sak-C that it doesn't clear him 100%, but his response was good enough for me to switch it off of him - for now. As for Cat, I did not use random.org but I pretty much picked someone that had not been talking a ton, sort of at random.

Miki - I agree on the tie thought, that has seemed to work in the goodies favor in the games I've played so I don't see why not keep that trend going.

1. plasmid - voting for Cat

2. tolecnal

3. Hidden G

4. Tralala!

5. mboon

8. 'Cat'astrophe

9. MiKi - voting for Cat

Why are people voting for Cat? And I'm not so sure about Plasmid's logic. I sense a very sneaky cover-up. It's not impossible that he blocked himself, right? And he was awfully quick to jump on how that had to mean he couldn't be either of the Mafia characters...

Ok, that makes it easy. New plan is to lynch cat now and then have Spike and/or Tuffy RID kill s-chan, unless Quacker comes to their rescue.

Edit: sorry 'bout joining first day lynches in two consecutive days, cat

Edited by plasmid

It wasn't my fault and someone knows that I'm a goodie :/ Anyway I would like to add my vote to Cat. Also please say something before 8AM PST (GMT -8) if you want me to change my vote, I'm off to classes for the day after 8 :/ and the Day ends in the middle of my day :/

2. tolecnal

3. Hidden G

4. Tralala!

5. mboon - voting for Cat

8. 'Cat'astrophe

9. MiKi - voting for Cat