BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM VIII: Tom and Jerry Mafia

but you're missing something ,if u (the target)got spied (now by quacker,or tuff) and will be confirmed as a goodie ,yes you will be targeted as u said but if Cuckoo is smart enough he will save that person (here u)so the baddies will get nothing(they will loose one NK ),and him being dump,Jerry can redirect the save to him ;) so ur logic is false,and now i think quack guy should spy u (spy him quack please)

EDIT: thx to u ,now the baddies won't waste a NK and target u(if u will be goodie) cz all the goodies are alerted by my post!!

Edited by Hidden G

Or maybe you're WIFOM-ing too and trying to claim Jerry because you're a baddy! And now Tuffy won't copy you, and so he won't find out you're a baddy, and so you and your baddie friends are safe. Well, safe for now, at least...... :lol::P

Wow, IDK why it looked like I was claiming the Jerry role? I said it'd be ok to role copy me because at least I'm not Jerry. =P

but you're missing something ,if u (the target)got spied (now by quacker,or tuff) and will be confirmed as a goodie ,yes you will be targeted as u said but if Cuckoo is smart enough he will save that person (here u)so the baddies will get nothing(they will loose one NK ),and him being dump,Jerry can redirect the save to him ;) so ur logic is false,and now i think quack guy should spy u (spy him quack please)

EDIT: thx to u ,now the baddies won't waste a NK and target u(if u will be goodie) cz all the goodies are alerted by my post!!

That's only if cuckoo realizes all these ramifications of saying who is going to be spied, which he might not have if I hadn't posted. But now that you've said that cuckoo should save me, the baddies will know that I am about to be saved and won't target me, so cuckoo should target someone else, so the baddies SHOULD target me, so cuckoo should target me, but that means the baddies should target someone else... and the WIFOM begins.

*reads post* *shakes head* You know what, plasmid? I don't even know.... I think maybe I was high off of chocolate or something, and that must have made perfect sense then...... But it doesn't now....... Also, YAY FOR WIFOM!!!!!! Lawlz. WIFOM can get pretty confusing, though. I just hope that people don't use too much here.

Also, G, I think that if we wait until after the NP, we'll have A LOT more players start to post. Especially once we start randomly accusing people. [Again, kris, I challenge you! What defense do you have?]

And Tra, night phases are usually where strategy is worked out. Like plasmid said, there's a lot of WIFOM involved, so the goal is to find the plan where no amount of WIFOM could mess it up. Granted, it's N1, so there's not gonna be a lot of that happening, but like I said in an earlier post, this is also where the false accusations start. So accuse away! [plasmid, I accuse you of being too smart!] And besides, there's really nothing that says "You're not supposed to talk during the night". In fact, it's sometimes advisable to talk during the night, so that if you're a goodie in danger of an NK or something, you'll be protected from the baddies. [You'll see what I mean later on. I'm too lazy to type it all out right now...].

edit: WIFOM=Wine In Front Of Me. From the book/movie The Princess Bride. Where when A says B will do 1, B now has to do 2, but then B will realize that doing two is exactly what A expects B to do, so B now has to do 1, but A will look ahead that far too, so it becomes a battle of wits. Go to youtube and search "The Princess Bride Westley and the Sicilian scene". It's bound to be there somewhere.

Edited by MissKitten

Well, I typically don't post too much the first night (in the grand total of 3 mafias I have played in), mostly because nothing has happened yet. And there are not any visual clues (excepting those shifty eyes that Sakura-chan's avatar has!) to go off of like you would have in a live mafia.

I get the talking strategy thing Miki, but then I get paranoid and think maybe some of the folks laying out strategy are baddies trying to leave a hole in the plan that they know they can exploit.

Yeah, the strategy thing usually starts happening aorund N2, so no worries. ANd in this case, you'll just have to trust me when I say I'm not a baddie. And I've hinted already. And there are no counterclaims. Just something to chew on for a bit.... Cuckoo, I may need that save...

ah now i know why i am not understanding half of what plasmid is saying.... What is WIFOM ing???/

WIFOM: v. to try to out-think your opponent in a way that leads to circular logic.

Example: if a goodie makes it look like he will save player X then the baddies would not want to target player X, so the goodie has no more reason to save player X and should not target player X, but if the baddies realize that the goodie should not target player X then they should target player X, so the goodie really does need to save player X after all, but now the baddies know that player X will be saved and so will not target him... (that goes on for a while)

Derivation: WIFOM (or WiFoM) stands for Wine in Front of Me, and refers to a scene from the Princess Bride where the hero takes out two goblets of wine and tells the villain that one of them is poisoned, and they are to each choose one to drink. The villain uses this sort of circular logic for several iterations before picking one. In the end, the villain drinks from his goblet and dies, and we learn it's not because he picked the wrong goblet, but because both goblets were poisoned and the hero had built up an immunity to that poison over the past few years.

Moral: you should start taking tiny non-lethal doses of arsenic now just in case you end up in a posioned-wine-drinking contest with a villain.

Edited by plasmid

so the talking begins see!!

btw guys after the night post i will have very little time to post as i'll be going to sleep.

but will always be before .:)

@MiKi looking for ur hint. it's hard for me to hint!!!

for now ,let's hope that the post will undirectly make us know a goodie so we can trust him!

Whoa, and I'm bad at hints so unless they are pretty explicit I miss them. Also, my hints would probably be way too obvious, that's why in all the games I've played, I've always played sincerely lol I mean, there's really nothing to hide when you're a goodie so might as well play sincerely :)