BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

8 answers to this question

Wow, I think Thalia has it right.

I had gotten as far as "I am ______ death, the ____ _ ______"

but I ran into major problems with the word denoted by "haafca"... since there are almost no words that could possibly fit the pattern _ee__me, where the letter immediately following ee was most likely an "o" (from the word "of"). The only word I could make fit the pattern was "egging" which of course makes the rest of the words total nonsense!.

So it appears that Thalia is right and the cypher is as follows:

e=n

f=o

q=w

j=i

b=a

c=m

h=b

a=e

c=m

g=d

n=t

d=h

m=s

l=r

s=y

v=f

And there are TWO problems in the overall solution, namely the word "haafca" which SHOULD be "become" but is rendered "beeome" and "qflagm" which should be "worlds" but is rendered "woreds". So I guess the letter "a" can be either an e, or a c or an l.

I'm thinking that it's more likely that there were possibly two mistakes in the original question???

Wow, I think Thalia has it right.

I had gotten as far as "I am ______ death, the ____ _ ______"

but I ran into major problems with the word denoted by "haafca"... since there are almost no words that could possibly fit the pattern _ee__me, where the letter immediately following ee was most likely an "o" (from the word "of"). The only word I could make fit the pattern was "egging" which of course makes the rest of the words total nonsense!.

So it appears that Thalia is right and the cypher is as follows:

e=n

f=o

q=w

j=i

b=a

c=m

h=b

a=e

c=m

g=d

n=t

d=h

m=s

l=r

s=y

v=f

And there are TWO problems in the overall solution, namely the word "haafca" which SHOULD be "become" but is rendered "beeome" and "qflagm" which should be "worlds" but is rendered "woreds". So I guess the letter "a" can be either an e, or a c or an l.

I'm thinking that it's more likely that there were possibly two mistakes in the original question???

Yeah. I figured the one letter word was "I" and the two letter ones were "am" and "of". There seemed to be a lot of a's so I replaced them with e's. I guessed the three letter one was "the" and it came together from there. The grammar threw me off a little and I couldn't think of a word that would fit as written so I just forgot about letter replacement at that point and found that one of the words looked like "destroyer". Google took care of the rest.

Yeah. I figured the one letter word was "I" and the two letter ones were "am" and "of". There seemed to be a lot of a's so I replaced them with e's. I guessed the three letter one was "the" and it came together from there. The grammar threw me off a little and I couldn't think of a word that would fit as written so I just forgot about letter replacement at that point and found that one of the words looked like "destroyer". Google took care of the rest.

that's exactly how i started but i ran into a dead end when it came to the "haafca".. and i thought i was doing smth wrong it didn't even occur to me that there might be a typo:)

but i think u are right on the money thalia well done!:D