BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Aaron is drinking milk. Allan is drinking juice. There are only these two drinks available. When Amy joins them, she wants something to drink too, and sees that there are just two choices. She thinks carefully and, choosing one, drinks an entire glass. Does Amy drink milk or juice?

19 answers to this question

Aaron is drinking milk. Allan is drinking juice. There are only these two drinks available. When Amy joins them, she wants something to drink too, and sees that there are just two choices. She thinks carefully and, choosing one, drinks an entire glass. Does Amy drink milk or juice?

"choosing one", she chose milk!! :-P

I think you two have both heard this one before and know the answer. If so, that answer still applies, even though I changed the riddle up a little.

Maybe the riddle actually made sense before you "changed the riddle up a little"? There's no reason I can see why milk is "one". Just because you mentioned it before juice, no one should reasonably conclude that milk is choice # 1 and juice is choice #2.

I think you two have both heard this one before and know the answer. If so, that answer still applies, even though I changed the riddle up a little.

I've heard several different variations of this type.

Maybe the riddle actually made sense before you "changed the riddle up a little"? There's no reason I can see why milk is "one". Just because you mentioned it before juice, no one should reasonably conclude that milk is choice # 1 and juice is choice #2.

Do you mean the riddle doesn't make sense? I did not say 'milk' is definitely correct.

Edited by Lausus

What do you mean you didn't "definitely" say milk was correct? You said to grey cells and Theo "If so, that answer still applies". Is it or is it not the correct answer and is it for the reason I gave? You're not supposed to play games like this. When someone gives an answer, please state whether or not it's correct or not.

What do you mean you didn't "definitely" say milk was correct? You said to grey cells and Theo "If so, that answer still applies". Is it or is it not the correct answer and is it for the reason I gave? You're not supposed to play games like this. When someone gives an answer, please state whether or not it's correct or not.

I think that lausus just wanted to say that there can be more than one answer. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. 'Milk' is not the answer. What I was referring to was that I thought they knew the answer, but were thrown off by my wording and so guessed 'milk' instead. I was telling them to stick with the original answer as it still applies to my wording, which was only intended to make the riddle more difficult.

Is this more of a lateral thinking puzzle that can have many answers, such as "She thought carefully and realizing she was lactose intolerant chose to have juice", or is it a true brain teaser that has all the clues in the riddle itself?

Excellent. That is indeed the correct answer.

I don't get it. How can "Yes" be the answer? The riddle states, "Does Amy drink milk or juice?" "Yes" does not answer the question.

I don't get it. How can "Yes" be the answer? The riddle states, "Does Amy drink milk or juice?" "Yes" does not answer the question.

Sure it does. Did she drink cola? No. Did she drink milk or juice? Yes.

Good one. :)