BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

OK, I hope you are a friend of the series and like what I made up...

Goodies: Wincon - Eliminate the Tom and his palls.

Jerry - He's the veteran in the house, having encountered Tom hundreds of times. He knows how to escape the most complicated trap and even make it work for him - Redirect.

Spike - Spike's always been a good friend of Jerry and helped him many times. He's the tough one 'round the house - Rid Kill at night

Tyke - Being Spike's beloved son he has picked up some skills, but is still only a cute little puppy - Block

Tuffy - Not really the most experienced one, Tuffy has been taught by Jerry and is a quick learner - Role Copy

Cuckoo - Yet another friend of Jerry, he has come to help once again - Save

Quacker - Even though he is not the stealthiest one, neither the brightest, Quacker knows how to get information by persuasive means - Spy

Baddies: Have BTCS and Night Kill, Wincon - Eat Jerry, Tuffy, Cuckoo and Quacker.

Tom - Leader of the gang, good old Tom is always up for a fun chase with Jerry. He is also a good liar and knows now to get on the soft side of Mammy Two Shoes - Vote Manipulator

Butch - Butch is an old rival of Tom, competing for the glory of capturing Jerry. Butch can easily ask a few palls here and there to gather information - Spy

Meathead - Not the smartest one (the dumbest rather), he, just like Butch, is trying to capture Jerry. Thought he does make up in strength - Block

...So what do you think? Good/bad?

Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

23 answers to this question

I was unaware that there were other characters in Tom and Jerry.

Anyway, biggest point is that the game is 6 vs 4. The baddies will win this one if average play is seen all around.

For 6 goodies, ideally there should be 2 or 3 baddies, depending on roles. 3 is still probably too many. If you want 4 baddies, I would suggest 9-11 goodies (again depending on roles). Roles make a difference, but not very much of a difference if the numbers aren't balanced.

Goodies: Wincon - Eliminate the Tom and the baddies.

Jerry - He's the veteran in the house, having encountered Tom hundreds of times. He knows how to escape the most complicated trap and even make it work for him - Redirect.

Spike - Spike's always been a good friend of Jerry and helped him many times. He's the tough one 'round the house - Rid Kill at night

Tyke - Being Spike's beloved son he has picked up some skills, but is still only a cute little puppy - Block

Tuffy - Not really the most experienced one, Tuffy has been taught by Jerry and is a quick learner - Role Copy

Cuckoo - Yet another friend of Jerry, he has come to help once again - Save

Quacker - Even though he is not the stealthiest one, neither the brightest, Quacker knows how to get information by persuasive means - Spy

Baddies: Have BTCS and Night Kill, Wincon - Eat Jerry, Tuffy, Cuckoo and Quacker.

Butch - Butch is an old rival of Tom, competing for the glory of capturing Jerry. Butch can easily ask a few palls here and there to gather information - Spy

Meathead - Not the smartest one (the dumbest rather), he, just like Butch, is trying to capture Jerry. Thought he does make up in strength... - Block

Indie(s): Secret wincon.

Tom - A lone hunter, good old Tom is always up for a fun chase with Jerry. He is also a good liar and knows now to get on the soft side of Mammy Two Shoes - Vote Manipulator x0, x2 + secret ability.

If you want me to PM you what the secret wincon and ability are, just say so, as long as you're not in the game.

I dunno why I didn't comment when I read this thread the first time....

Well, this looks like it'll be a pretty kewl mafia. It's so very rare that I am able to join a mafia with a theme that I recognize and enjoy. [i think the last one was Sholay mafia....] I think the whole 6 vs. 2 vs. 1 thing plays out nicely, and I think that the roles are pretty well balanced. Of course, I'm not really experienced at this [the Sherlock Holmes mafia I hosted failed miserably...], so you should probably get some other experienced players' opinion, but overall, I think this is pretty good.

can u show the Order of actions,and i want to ask ,is the target of the redirect shown in the N post?and do u show a failing Redirect in the post?

i have no huge experience,but don't u guys think that goodies with the redirect ,RK,Role Copy,have a bit of an advantage? (if so ,i think we should add some abilities to the baddies,or remove from the goodies?)

it's just a player point of view

There used to be three baddies so I made the goodies more powerful. Let me see what I can do now...

Goodies: Wincon - Eliminate the Tom and the baddies.

Spike - Spike's always been a good friend of Jerry and helped him many times. He's the tough one 'round the house - Rid Kill at night.

Tyke - Being Spike's beloved son he has picked up some skills, but is still only a cute little puppy - Block.

Tuffy - Not really the most experienced one, Tuffy has been taught by Jerry and is a quick learner - Role Copy.

Cuckoo - Yet another friend of Jerry, he has come to help once again - Save.

Quacker - Even though he is not the stealthiest one, neither the brightest, Quacker knows how to get information by persuasive means - Spy during day.

Butch - Butch is an old rival of Tom, competing for the glory of capturing Jerry. Butch can easily ask a few palls here and there to gather information - Spy.

Meathead - Not the smartest one (the dumbest rather), he, just like Butch, is trying to capture Jerry. Thought he does make up in strength... - Block/Redirect (has to choose one each time).

Indie(s): Secret wincon.

Tom - A lone hunter, good old Tom is always up for a fun chase with Jerry. He is also a good liar and knows now to get on the soft side of Mammy Two Shoes - Vote Manipulator x0, x2 + secret ability.

Baddies > Indie > Goodies

RID Kill > Block > Redirect > Save > Spy

NK and Lynch cannot be acted on, though the target may be saved. (Tom can be an exception...)