BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rat Hunt Mafia

Molly Mae

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night is practically over, so it's time for my last minute revelation.

Maurice's post as the Boss makes it look like MiKi is Mr Gray (the blocker). If that's true, it doesn't matter who I try to save. But I considered the possibly that Maurice was lying about MiKi's real role. We know that one of the rats was the Boss' son (the redirector) so I still had to prepare for the possibility that MiKi is actually the Boss' son. If that were the case, she has one good way out of this situation: she can redirect my save onto herself, then night-kill herself, to make it two rats against two mobsters.

I countered this tactic by not acting at all.

That way, if MiKi really is the Boss' son and tried to execute that plan, she would end up night-killing herself while redirecting a no-action instead of a save onto herself -- game over.

But, if Maurice was telling the truth, then MiKi has the blocking ability. It wouldn't matter who I targetted to save, so I stuck with the plan of not saving anyone in case she's the Boss' son. And I'm pretty sure that I'll be the one she NKs because I showed no doubt that I would lynch her, so I have to tell you all this now before I end up dead.

Here's the important point: she will try to argue that she has been outed as the blocker already but no one was listed in the night post as blocking my save, which is what she would do if she were a rat. The real reason she did not appear in the night post as blocking was because there was no action for her to block.

So, aura and flame:

1) Do not overlook the evidence in post #126 incriminating araver and MiKi as having BTSC. Maurice said this in night 1 after I revealed my plans that depended on the Boss. If the rats knew he really was the Boss (because MiKi really is Mr Gray and is a rat with BTSC) then they would certainly kill him night 1, which is what actually happened, and they would know that the Boss was dead then.

2) Do not trust the argument that the absence of a block against me proves that MiKi is an innocent Mr Gray - I did not act at all for the reasons above in case she's actually the Boss' son.

3) If I'm about to get NK'ed, that's more evidence that MiKi's the second rat. If either aura or flame were the second rat, neither of them would want to NK me because I've made it clear that I'll vote to lynch MiKi and not vote to lynch them.

Night 3: Egress

The police didn't fire. Nobody fired. The gangsters walked slowly to the car and climbed inside. They left Araver right outside and Aura pulled the trigger. As soon as Araver fell to the ground, the police opened fire. The car took off and rounded a corner, but Aura had been fatally shot. She died before the escape.

Mr Tech set to work scanning the car and was a bit surprised by what he found.

"Oh, sh--"

Host: Yuli and Molly Mae

1. plasmid

2. Flamebirde

3. MiKi

4. 'Cat'astrophe - DEAD - Lynched D1 and found to be a legitimate gangster

5. KlueMaster - DEAD - Killed N2

6. maurice - DEAD - Killed N1

7. Auramyna - DEAD - Killed N3

8. Araver - Bound and gagged and used as a hostage, since he was an undercover cop

D3 ends at 10 am Central time tomorrow.

1. plasmid - voting for MiKi

2. Flamebirde

3. MiKi

8. Araver - Bound and gagged and used as a hostage, since he was an undercover cop

Forgot to add explanation for my action.

I'm guessing that you decided not to try to block me after I quoted Maurice outing you as the blocker, since that would really incriminate you if it showed up in the night post. Without being able to use your block, you had to WIFOM and guessed that I would likely try to save myself, so I couldn't be NKed. You knew that I trusted aura absolutely and my suspicions were between you and flamebirde, so you chose to NK aura and leave me wondering whether you or flamebirde was the second rat. All of that was perfectly well calculated based on what you knew, and you played that part of the game well.

There's only one thing you missed. If you're good, why wasn't flamebirde's Tech spy blocked last night?

Flamebirde, the game is in your hands.

Edited by plasmid

Should I out yet? Does it matter now? Oh well, I might as well. I am Mr. Tech, last night I acted on MiKi and the reply came back:"Want to block Plasmid and" So I think that MiKi must be an undercover Mr. Gray. My vote is for MiKi. And don't even bother posting a defense, we all know who you are we meaning Plasmid and I.

1. plasmid - voting for MiKi

2. Flamebirde - voting for MiKi

3. MiKi

For reasons stated above. Sorry, MiKi, but the evidence is just too incriminating. You didn't leave a smoking gun, you left something even worse: A voting pattern.

Day 3: The Oath

Plasmid parked the car and stepped out.

"Where are we?" MiKi asked.

"An abandoned warehouse outside of town. It's a good place to go our separate ways," Plasmid said, producing a gun. He pointed it directly at MiKi.

"What is this, I don't even--"

"I know you're a cop," Plasmid said. "But once, many years ago, I took an oath--'there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug'."

"So...you're letting me go?"

"Put your gun on the ground and go," Plasmid said.

She unholstered her pistol, placed it on the ground, turned around, and walked toward the door.

"You're forgetting someting," Flamebirde said.

MiKi turned around to see him pointing a gun at her.

"I didn't take any sort of oath..."

He pulled the trigger.

Game over. The gangsters win.

The Boss -- Maurice

The Boss' Son -- Araver

Mr White -- Plasmid

Mr Black -- KlueMaster

Mr Gray -- MissKitten

Mr Green -- 'cat'astrophe

Mr Brown -- Auramyna

Mr Tech -- Flamebirde

Everyone's in Ghost Thread (maurice's role thread) except Aura, who might not be able to receive PMs right now.

Additionally, the full game can be found on the wiki page.

Edited by Molly Mae

The next game will likely be a 2 vs 6 again (maybe an indy) without BTSC and with role modification.

Roles not appearing again: Redirect, tech ability, role spy

Roles likely to appear in the next installment: Full RID list, vote manip (these two as different roles), Mr Brown ability*, RID kill.

*Mr Brown ability might be replaced with listing a group of players and being told whether there is at least one baddy/indy among them. Response from the host will only be yes or no.

Wait, ghost thread? You told me I didn't actually die, that I was just severely wounded :angry:

BTW pid, great first game. And thanks for being the one mobster who actually realized I outted MiKi (and to a lesser degree araver)

Big thanks to everyone for playing, and especially to Molly Mae for hosting a great game! From the commentary, it sounds like I need to play a game with this curr3nt character sometime.

And next time, if I say I want everyone outed on night 1, I expect everyone to spill their roles, factions, and secret wincons with no questions asked! :lol:

Edit: Almost forgot, night 1 action PM

And just in case Mr Tech is spying me and will get a truly random 5 word phrase from my night action post, I'm pasting the Declaration of Independence below XD ROFL!

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their

That goes on for a while...

Edited by plasmid

Big thanks to everyone for playing, and especially to Molly Mae for hosting a great game! From the commentary, it sounds like I need to play a game with this curr3nt character sometime.

And next time, if I say I want everyone outed on night 1, I expect everyone to spill their roles, factions, and secret wincons with no questions asked! :lol:

I had a secret wincon...