BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Rat Hunt Mafia

Molly Mae

Wow.... It's quiet today.... How are we supposed to find the undercovers if nobody talks? I mean, sure, it's a scum weekend, but that just gives more time to discuss, right?

First of all it's not quiet. But, if you want people talking more, you need to place a vote.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, now is the time to move my vote...

Host: Yuli and Molly Mae

1. plasmid

2. Flamebirde

3. MiKi

4. 'Cat'astrophe

5. KlueMaster - voting for 'Cat'astrophe

6. maurice - DEAD - Killed N1

7. Auramyna

8. Araver

Oh, right, we do have to vote for someone by the end of the day.

The comparison between curr3nt's style and my own approach made me go back and read the Tombstone mafia game. In that game, curr3nt came up with a simple but great plan that araver resisted because he ultimately turned out to be a baddie. Then as now, he didn't have any real great explanations for why not to run with it, after taking a close look it just seems to be hand waving and stuff along the lines of "people don't do that kind of thing in Mafia".

1. plasmid - voting for AraVer

2. Flamebirde

3. MiKi

4. 'Cat'astrophe

7. Auramyna

8. Araver

That, and since this is a "Rat Hunt" mafia, I'm hesitant about ganging up against a cat.

Adding Aura's vote as per above post:

2. Flamebirde

3. MiKi

4. 'Cat'astrophe

7. Auramyna - voting for 'Cat'astrophe

8. Araver

Dear dear, me is getting lynch votes on D1?! That does not look good....for me and the mobsters..

That, and since this is a "Rat Hunt" mafia, I'm hesitant about ganging up against a cat.

:lol::D

You shall be proved right in your thinking....when it comes to rats, cats are known to be ruthless... B))

So as far as plasmid's plan is concerned, I think voting for who Mr. Green should kill is a good idea..deciding to kill someone alone is kind of tough when you know you could be killing one of your own bros -_- ...of course assuming Green is a mobster..

Lynching a person if Green failed to kill him/her will obviously be done after seeing if their was any redirection..right?

Also what if the person who people voted for was Green himself....

Lynching a person if Green failed to kill him/her will obviously be done after seeing if their was any redirection..right?

Also what if the person who people voted for was Green himself....

Those are a couple of reasons why it would work much better if Mr Green were outed (outing = no accidental blocks or redirects, anyone who does block or redirect gets outed by the Boss and lynched, Green won't be told to kill himself).

Edited by plasmid

Okaaay, you really don't want to do that. I don't know how much more I can say...

Cat - all you had to do was respond and I woulda moved my vote. Oh! Look how quick I respnded and you still haven't given anything.

A goodie would not push this line. C'mon guys, think, strategise. How can we enable this to happen?

Edited by Auramyna

2. Flamebirde - Auramyna

3. MiKi - voting for flame

4. 'Cat'astrophe voting for Auramyna

8. Araver

Nothing against you, flame, totally random.

OOC:

@Cat Haha, we cats ave to stick together, right? :P

Okaay... @ cat - I was fully intending on moving my vote off of you, but due to your response to my post, and to a lesser extent your non response to the votes on you, I have to leave it. As I wasn't suspicious before, however now I am. Read between the lines, I'm sure the baddies are.

Edited by Auramyna

2. Flamebirde - voting for 'Cat'astrophe

8. Araver

Just to add pressure, As MiKi pointed out, you still haven't come out with a defense. No offense taken, MiKi.

8. Araver - voting for Auramyna

Adding my vote first:

@Aura - for not commenting on plasmid's plan (at all) and for discarding Cat's posts so easily - I don't really understand what kind of a hint you were expecting from her other than what she posted.

@plasmid - you are correct about how I reacted in Tombstone - when I read curr3nt's simple plan and knew EDM was active enough to vote for me, I did try to resist it openly. And guess what, I needn't have bothered, since she didn't follow it anyway (eventually she did, but that's OOC here).

If I were you I wouldn't generalize from that one: first, because it was I who gave you the reference and the advice that plans should be much shorter and simple and have contingencies, and second because I did tell you about the things you've missed to incorporate in your plan, unlike a lot of people who said nothing on it (Btw, not sure what sort of expectancy do you have from baddies anyway?).

I still disagree with outing more than one role per cycle, since it creates a double-exposure. And I again urge you to have patience and deal with this Mafia-way and try mass-outing-plans only when the situation is dire / lost otherwise. That's not waving off, that's just a disagreement (for now at least, read my post in N1 again).

Now, returning to your vote, not sure what you want from me and what I can reply to it.

I'm still following what I wanted to do from the beginning of the game and I haven't read nothing that makes me change otherwise.

OOC: It's probably the first scum weekend I'm actually using to full extent - being the designated driver at a wedding sucked.

1. plasmid - voting for 'Cat'astrophe

Rationale: I'm mostly acting based on the possibility of vote manipulation. If vote manip is within the hands of a mobster then there's nothing to worry about. If vote manip is in the hands of an undercover agent then they can potentially manipulate to their advantage if the vote is close, but would not have that opportunity if there is a landslide.

In more typical games I might agree with MiKi that a day 1 tie can be good. People can gather more info as people act and the game progresses and feel more confident that they're lynching a baddie rather than running a high risk of killing a goodie. In this case I think it's different because I see very little potential to gain meaningful information on factions (which is why I went to scheming plans to force people to act on Mr Brown) since in this game any role can be either good or bad and only one character can learn factions.

I fear that we will be spending the entire game without any mobsters except possibly Mr Brown having any really reliable info on who's undercover, and because of that we might as well start killing semi-randomly now instead of waiting for the undercovers to kill for a second night before killing just as semi-randomly.

I still feel bad about voting for another cat, though.

@araver: I would expect optimal play from the undercovers to be: Act on no one if you just have a silly power like block or redirect or get a 5 word string from the night post. Then you avoid detection by Mr Brown and are assured that no one can definitively learn your faction. That's why I proposed the plan to force people to act on Mr Brown.

Edit: clarified rationale for expected undercover behavior

Edited by plasmid

If the day is still on, i'd like to do my bit to create a tie

1. plasmid - voting for 'Cat'astrophe

5. KlueMaster - voting for Auramyna

Okay, sorry I didn't get your hints. I have been posting from my mobile n i only really came in to vote. I was trying to hint that I had info. The redirect is/was bad.

I don't know if I'm dead or what but either way, you've pushed me into saying this.

Hang on a sec, AV. i'm sure i did comment on plasmid's plan. What did you want? An analysis? I couldn't even post my own vote, ffs!

I NEED A SAVE TONIGHT!