BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM VII: Ghostbusters Mafia

Ok, here are specifics. I am the goodie spy. I did not say Mboon must be the baddie spy, I in fact said that her being the baddie spy makes no sense. And I never said that Mboon acting on Miki could only be bad, that was my whole point at the beginning of the day when I asked her if she had acted on Miki. I figured a goodie would have come clean but that a baddie would most likely lie about it. She said no, that was when I figured she was Zuul. And I never out and out claimed to be the spy because I preferred not to. Though I would think by now it is so obvious that is what I was hinting that there is no point in not just saying it openly. As for trusting any of you, my first spy was Tole, she did not act on anybody, by the way. My guess is that makes her an inactive player or Peck. She can't be the vote manip, that person is still alive. She can't be Ray, he acted both nights. She can't be the baddie spy, because the game is not over.

Where do we go from here? I do not know. If the Rid kill is still alive, clearing me or Mboon by using the Rid Kill would be helpful.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, I really didn't act N2 though, well, I didn't send an action to Maurice anyway and that means that I didn't act right? I am seriously confused about why you think I acted (confused because you are so adamant and seem like a goodie). I will admit though that I did kinda bandwagon on the Tralala vote to save myself, but that move as a baddie would not make sense since Tralala's ability is the better of the two. Also, if you look at my other posts you will see that my vote had been on Tralala before I switched over to Nana and then back to Tralala.

New idea, and sorry for double posting, it was past the edit time and I thought I should put this out there so we don't lose two goodies tonight. If RID kill ability is still out there they should target me tonight and I'll save myself, that'll prove that I am the save. Then we can be sure that I'm a goodie and if Nana was a goodie she wouldn't die tonight since the target is me for the RID kill, though I can't guarantee NK not attacking Nana, we will at least only have one dead and not a possible two

If RID kill ability is still out there they should target me tonight and I'll save myself, that'll prove that I am the save.

Can Peter Venkman save from the RID Kill?

Peter Venkman: Schmoozer, Saves - Uses charm to prevent Night Kill

Edit for font size - how did I screw that up?

Edited by smoth333

New idea, and sorry for double posting, it was past the edit time and I thought I should put this out there so we don't lose two goodies tonight. If RID kill ability is still out there they should target me tonight and I'll save myself, that'll prove that I am the save. Then we can be sure that I'm a goodie and if Nana was a goodie she wouldn't die tonight since the target is me for the RID kill, though I can't guarantee NK not attacking Nana, we will at least only have one dead and not a possible two

mboon, we can only lose one goodie at night. If the RID targets the wrong person it won't go through. So if the RID kill targets you as Vinz Clortho then you either die (as Vinz) or live as anyone else regardless of save.

Night Kill and RID Kill can not be acted on. Actions fail only if target is saved.

Can Peter Venkman save from the RID Kill?

Peter Venkman: Schmoozer, Saves - Uses charm to prevent Night Kill

Edit for font size - how did I screw that up?

So does that mean that Venkman can save himself from the RID? Besides, I think it makes more sense for Winston/Walter to go after nana as Clortho. That way, if nana is clortho, she dies as clortho, and if she isn't, then she lives and we go after mboon in the lynch.

Now, I have a plan, but it involves a chance of a sacrifice and at least one person outing themself, but I think it guarantees a goodie win. If anyone wants to hear it, I'll be glad to share.

edit: I messed up part of my logic.

Edited by MissKitten

Guarantee? Sure, let's hear it.

And I am not so sure about the rid one, lynch the other plan. That only works if one of us is for sure bad. Rid me is fine, it clears me, though I prefer clearing others since I know I'm good. But mehever.

So does that mean that Venkman can save himself from the RID? Besides, I think it makes more sense for Winston/Walter to go after nana as Clortho. That way, if nana is clortho, she dies as clortho, and if she isn't, then she lives and we go after mboon in the lynch.

This makes sense to me as the best course of action as I still have Nana or mboon as Clortho.

I'd be willing to hear your plan.

Nana, I said I think it guarantees a goodie win. In hindsight, that's kinda contradictory, but I'm not quite sure. And I'm totally open to suggestions.

Ok, this is what I'm thinking:

I am Winston Zeddemore, or the RID Kill. I propose that I will RID nana as clortho. I believe that the save is still alive, so the save can target me, because I will probably be the NK target tonight. Now, the baddy, aka nana, has a choice: kill mboon, aka the save, to get to me, or kill me, which won't work as I'm being saved. So I would get clortho, and if I understood the OOA correctly, the NK wouldn't go through. Now, if it turns out that nana is not the baddy, then we know to lynch mboon the next day. Either way, we get the baddies, and we win. Anything I missed?

1. The night kill would still go through.

2. Your plan still assumes that one of I or Mboon is bad. Proving me good does not prove her bad. It just does not rule it out.

So we are not really any better off, only now we know that you are claiming the rid kill.

Well, if the NK still goes through, then that's where the sacrifice comes in, for either me or the save. And I think it's safe to assume that either you or mboon is a baddie. What I don't get, nana, is why you keep trying to defend mboon as well as yourself. It seems to me that if you really were a goodie, then you would protect yourself and attack mboon with the rest of us because she looks like a baddie. You keep trying to say that mboon could be a goodie too, and if the consensus is that either you or mboon is a baddy, I would think you would attack mboon with all you've got. That's what I'd do, at least.

That might be what a baddie would do, but I am being logical and stating facts and not just going with the consensus. Maybe Mboon is bad, maybe she is good. I can not say. If she is bad and gets lynched, great. If she is good and gets lynched, that would be a disaster. 4 to 1 now will be 3 to 1 before lynch, then 2 to 1 after lynch and going into the night. Hmm, that could work, if you really are the rid kill. One problem though, whoever you rid kill also becomes a target for the baddie nk, since they need cleared goodies to die so you do not know who to go for on the last night.

Okey-dokey. So we now get to wait three and a half hours of boredom before seeing what happens.

Also, I just realized, I never answered nana's accusation of leaving 40 mins before the day ended yesterday, so I'll do it now, partly because I have nothing else to do, and partly because I don't like accusations of any kind.

@nana, I'm technically not allowed to play mafia anymore, so I only get on when

a) my parents aren't around

b) I'm doing homework on the computer

c) at night after everyone else is asleep

So last night, my parents had an appointment with someone, and i had too much homework to go with them, so I stayed home. While I was doing my homework, I was also checking the game. When I logged off, it was because my parents were home and I wouldn't get a chance to get on for a while.

So RID kill Nana as Cortho

Nana - if you are good then who will you follow tonight? What information can you get to help narrow down the next day.

Maybe mboon to confirm where she directs her claimed action of the save? Or you could follow me to see what mine is?

Mboon, the reason I have it between you and Nana is this:

Paraphrasing from your and Nana's various posts....

She basically said she followed your action on N2 and you targeted Miki.

You say you did not act on N2.

Only one can be true.

I prefer not to say who I'll choose, lest it serve a bad purpose. But I doubt the bads will leave me alive anyway since I just moved from their "keep alive to lynch" list to their "kill at all costs" list. So if I live, I'll talk. If not, I'll be watching as a ghostie so be good.