BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM VII: Ghostbusters Mafia

Ghostbusters: WinCon - Get Rid of Ghosts

Egon Spengler: Brains behind Ghostbusters, Vote Manipulator - Can make anyone's vote x0, x1, x2. May also decide to "cross the streams" and make anyone's vote x3 instead. Will only succeed at a 25% rate.

Ray Stantz: Designed much of the equipment - Can block a player at night

Peter Venkman: Schmoozer, Saves - Uses charm to prevent Night Kill

Winston Zeddemore: Newbie of crew, has much to prove - Can Rid Kill at night

Janine Melnitz: Receptionist, gets information from being on phone all day - Can find out who a player targeted at night

Walter Peck: EPA worker - distrusts Ghostbusters at first, but learns their abilities are real - Learns and copies the role of a dead goodie.

Gozer's Demons: Have BTSC, Night Kill WinCon - Be in the majority so that they may "open the gate" for Gozer the Gozerian

Zuul (The Gatekeeper) - possessess Dana, uses her beauty to redirect a player's action

Vinz Clortho (The Keymaster) - possessess Louis, has the key to all roles. Learns a player's role at night.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOSTS: Auramyna and maurice

1. Sakura-chan

2. mboon

3. Tralala!

4. 'Cat'astrophe

5. kristmark1

6. Smoth333

7. Nana7

8.tolecnal

Backup/Mentor/

1. MiKi

2. Zweefer

Mentor only

1. Thalia

I guess I'll wait for confirmations then I'll send out roles within next 24 hours

1. Sakura-chan

2. mboon

3. Tralala!

4. 'Cat'astrophe

5. kristmark1

6. Smoth333

7. Nana7

8.tolecnal

Backup/Mentor/

1. MiKi

2. Zweefer

Mentor only

1. Thalia

I guess I'll wait for confirmations then I'll send out roles within next 24 hours

Plasmid wanted to get in on a game. That was kinda the reason for the TMM. =/

Plasmid wanted to get in on a game. That was kinda the reason for the TMM. =/

I know but he can't play until the last week of Sep. I figure we knock this one out and have one waiting for him when he's available.

I am sending out confirmation notices...confirm and you get your role. If you do not confirm by 10pm EST Thursday I will switch you with the backups (hence not giving you your role yet).

Night 1 ends Friday @ 10pm EST.

Maurice, what is the OOA?

Thanks!

OOP – Indy > Baddie > Goodie

RID Kill > redirect > block > save > kill > spy

All actions go through unless acted on. OOP is used to break loops.

Additionally:

Night Kill and RID Kill can not be acted on. Actions fail only if target is saved.

Kill does not work as a block.

Vote Manips can not be acted on.

Tie lynch = first day nobody lynched, afterward all in lynch flip a coin for lives individually

Spies, unused saves, Vote Manips will not be shown in Night or Day Posts. Only all redirects, blocks, kills and needed saves.

Edited by maurice

OOP – Indy > Baddie > Goodie

RID Kill > redirect > block > save > kill > spy

All actions go through unless acted on. OOP is used to break loops.

Additionally:

Night Kill and RID Kill can not be acted on. Actions fail only if target is saved.

Kill does not work as a block.

Vote Manips can not be acted on.

Tie lynch = first day nobody lynched, afterward all in lynch flip a coin for lives individually

Spies, unused saves, Vote Manips will not be shown in Night or Day Posts. Only all redirects, blocks, kills and needed saves.

Hello people,

I would signup as a backup ...

Q1 to Han : who's the Indy ? Walter Peck ? Or .. just leftovers from other games ? :D

and second: you said all actions go through : in this case redirect>block>save

A=redirect

B=block

C=save

actions in for you as a host :

- C saves D (needed)

- A redirects C (to E - does not need save )

- B blocks A

What would the result be considering the given OOP ?

Just needed to know your reasoning as a host .. for clarifying this game and for future reference as well ;)

I could have put all that in red.. but it would look bloody ;)

Thanks,

yD

Yodell, on 15 September 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

Hello people,

I would signup as a backup ...

Q1 to Han : who's the Indy ? Walter Peck ? Or .. just leftovers from other games ? :D

You're on to my tricks...no Indy this game

and second: you said all actions go through : in this case redirect>block>save

A=redirect

B=block

C=save

actions in for you as a host :

- C saves D (needed)

- A redirects C (to E - does not need save )

- B blocks A

What would the result be considering the given OOP ?

B would block A, so no redirect. C saves D. No loop. OOP not needed.

Just needed to know your reasoning as a host .. for clarifying this game and for future reference as well ;)

I could have put all that in red.. but it would look bloody ;)

Thanks,

yD

Edited by maurice

1. MissKitten

2. mboon

3. Tralala!

4. 'Cat'astrophe

5. kristmark1

6. Smoth333

7. Nana7

8.tolecnal

Backup/Mentor/

1. Sakura-chan

2. Zweefer

Mentor only

1. Thalia

Miki has replaced Sak-C

If anyone feels the need for a mentor, pm me.

Prologue

The trio of Ghostbusters have recently become celebrities in New York as paranormal activity has increased. To satisfy increased demand they have hired a fourth member, Winston Zeddemore. Just in time, in turns out.

The Ghostbusters are hired by a woman named Dana Barrett, whose apartment is haunted by a demonic spirit called Zuul, a demigod worshiped as a servant to Gozer the Gozerian. Peter Venkman takes a particular interest in the case, competing for Dana's affection with her neighbor Louis Tully. As they investigate, Dana is possessed by Zuul, which declares itself "The Gatekeeper", and Louis by a similar demon called Vinz Clortho, "The Keymaster". Both demons speak of the coming of the destructive Gozer, and the Ghostbusters plan to keep the two apart. Thereafter the Ghostbusters' office is visited by Walter Peck of the EPA. He believes the team is housing dangerous chemicals in their basement and believes their abilities to be fake. He orders their ghost containment deactivated, unleashing hundreds of ghosts onto New York City. Freed from the Ghostbusters' custody, Louis/Vinz advances toward Dana/Zuul's apartment while the escaped ghosts create havoc throughout the city.

The Ghostbusters team follows the spirits to Dana's apartment, with Peck watching from a distance. Though she is not trained to bust ghosts, Janine is a loyal employee and has arrived to do what she can do to help.

Night One ends Friday Night @ 10 PM EST.

Edited by maurice

Still need some several many ALL actions!!

Sorry MikI, I'm not a big fan of Scum weekend for Nights. And N1 was already 48 hrs (I know not for you). So N1 will end @ 10PM EST tonight still. D1 will end Sunday.

Edited by maurice