BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Klueless Mafia

Meh like curr and I have said, the ability was to be able to determine other goodies. Again an informed majority. Just seemed like this one got too cute. Hey I've made similar mistakes. My response is more to the flavoring vanillas comment. Seemed to be a bad idea, not worth a ;) certainly, at least to this outsider (who hates vanillas anyway)

Edited by maurice

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make a point clear...

Vanillas getting the ability to guess each other, is something that happened only by chance.

Why aaryan's puzzle was disclosed? Coz he died without solving it. Had he solved it, it shouldn't have been published and there was no way for vanillas to know that they have similar puzzles. For that matter doc and spy didn't know it still, and any open disclosures would've been treated as PM-repping. Also, similar puzzles were given only to ensure similar difficulty.

But again, this was more of an experiment, to learn from and improve upon in the future editions.

Meh like curr and I have said, the ability was to be able to determine other goodies. Again an informed majority. Just seemed like this one got too cute. Hey I've made similar mistakes. My response is more to tbe flavoring vanillas comment. Seemed to be a bad idea, not worth a ;) certainly, at least to this outsider (who hates vanillas anyway)

I agree only in the sense that Aaryan's puzzle shouldn't have been posted. As soon as that became public information, of course I was going to use it.

A few other factors:

1. We were still assuming, though, that all vanilla puzzles were exactly the same (but Nana confirmed it for me, although a 3/2 split wouldn't have been unreasonable).

2. Nothing forced Aura to claim any role at all.

3. If Aaryan had been the spy or doctor, Aura's claim would have gone unchallenged and I would have continued thinking that all puzzles were unique.

4. Again the goodie WIFOM of hiding among the vanillas to prevent being NK'd.

Going back to the baddies were just outgunned (more guns--not necessarily better aim).

So yes. I do agree with you.

The flavoring I was speaking of was allowing for the possibility of what happened in this game. So far in all games vanillas have been strictly vanillas. There is no way for them to rise above the level that has been initially set at voting and getting NKed. When I kept the puzzles same, I knew of the possibility that at some point vanillas may realize that they've got almost identical puzzles. But, I didn't go about putting up mechanisms to prevent this from happening.

So, what will I do next time? Well, I'm not going to repeat the surprise for one.

But, would there be another element that will allow vanillas to rise above the standard definition of vanillas? I don't know yet.

Edited by KlueMaster

A blend of Bag o' Tricks and Klueless is certainly fair game, if you've got the notion.

Re-assignable abilities and a puzzle that goes where the ability goes. Stipulations not used in BoT: You can't hold an ability. You get it for one cycle, then it goes back in the bag. Puzzles for the next ability can be given at the end of the Night. N1 lasts 48 hours. At the end of N1, everyone gets their puzzle for their N2/D2 ability. This gives them an opportunity to finish the puzzle, get the ability, and submit an action. A player could get the same puzzle multiple times, even if he's already solved it.

That's all you, though. Or someone else.

well, that can be one way to go... though I was thinking of this...

Multiple layers of puzzles:

vanilla - single puzzle gives them the password to role description

spy/muscle - solving first puzzle gives them password to a zip file that contains second puzzle, solving the second puzzle gives them password for role description

doc/godfather - similar to spy/muscle, just another puzzle in the end