BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here is the idea for puzzlers town mafia (from now on Klueless Mafia). I am putting the plan in front of you so that any desired changes can be incorporated before sign-up.

Mechanics:

1. Each player will be sent a password protected zip file containing their role. They will also receive a puzzle along with it. On solving the puzzle they will get the password required to unlock the zip file.

2. The role description will also contain a key that needs to be PMed back to me to acknowledge that a player has correctly solved the puzzle and got their role.

3. Baddies will get into the BTSC only when both of them have correctly identified their own role. No powerplay is allowed.

4. Irrespective of whether all players know their role or not, game will continue at its own pace.

5. Role spies will be successful only when the spied player has "earned" his role (by solving the puzzle).

Roles:

Baddies (Night Kill + BTSC)

Godfather: Self vote manipulation (x0 - x2). On being spied appears as a random character (including himself).

Muscle: Block

ADDENDUM: (baddies also get to choose NK carrier each night, after they gain BTSC).

Goodies

Doctor: Save

Sherif: Spy

5 x Vanilla

Please let me know if you desire some changes so that game looks "more fair" to you.

Edited by KlueMaster

1. Do blocks stop the night kill?

2. Does the NK block other actions? (Not needed for spy--so really, can the doctor self-save?)

3. Do the baddies get a NK after the first baddie gets his role?

4. Does the first baddie learn the id of the second baddie if only the first has solved the puzzle?

If yes to 3, but no to 4, the baddie might end up killing his partner.

Balance? It really depends on the difficulty of the puzzles.

5. Are all .zip files protected by the same password/puzzle?

Edited by Molly Mae

1. Do blocks stop the night kill?

Yes

2. Does the NK block other actions? (Not needed for spy--so really, can the doctor self-save?)

Yes

3. Do the baddies get a NK after the first baddie gets his role?

Yes

4. Does the first baddie learn the id of the second baddie if only the first has solved the puzzle?

No

If yes to 3, but no to 4, the baddie might end up killing his partner.

Exactly the reason I've made baddies kinda power packed. Thing is, none will know who died as result of NK.

Balance? It really depends on the difficulty of the puzzles.

5. Are all .zip files protected by the same password/puzzle?

No. The vanilla roles puzzles will be simple, Spy puzzles a little difficult, GF/Doc puzzles a little more difficult

Vote this suggestion up-down to let me know whether you like it or not.

Suggestion: Godfather shall be given Spy ability instead of vote manip.

I voted down. With 7 v 2, I think the vote manip is a good addition and more complimentary than a spy. If you take the vote manip, you should consider adding a third baddie.... =/

I would like to see Godfather lose the randomly spied trait. If he needs to replace it for balance, how about immunity to nk?

Immunity to NK for Godfather at first seems pointless, but does protect him in case the thug accidentally tries to kill him. But crunch the numbers and you'll find that the possibility is extremely remote. I think the random result vs spy trait works (and it might not even save him, as he has a 2/9 chance of still appearing as a baddie plus a 1/9 chance of appearing as the spy). Can the Godfather appear likewise as a lynched or known-dead role? I'm assuming yes, but this is just confirmation. So there's more working against the Godfather with this trait than meets the eye. It sometimes protects, but even when it does there's a chance that the protection will fade with a lynch (of him or someone else).

Can the Godfather appear likewise as a lynched or known-dead role?

Yes, he can appear as any of the roles known to respective players (dead or alive)

Known role: Player recognized his own role, role revealed by lynch

I would like to see Godfather lose the randomly spied trait. If he needs to replace it for balance, how about immunity to nk?

I would like to see this be less of a "newbie mafia" and have better roles/ less vanillas. Or maybe, Klue, are you intending on doing a Klueless 2, 3, 4 etc, as per Shad's Harry Potter series?

And if this is Klueless mafia, does that mean you are the Klueless Master (i.e - master of kluelessness??) And can I get royalties for making up the name? bigeyes.gif

I would add 2 more vanilla then to give the goodie a decent chance at finding a bad before the game ends. As it stands now, if a bad gets their answer in time for night 1 and the other gets it in time for day 2, bad victory is almost guaranteed. 2 more vanilla pushes that out to day 3 with a chance for the spy to have found one of them or for someone to trip them up.

I would like to see this be less of a "newbie mafia" and have better roles/ less vanillas. Or maybe, Klue, are you intending on doing a Klueless 2, 3, 4 etc, as per Shad's Harry Potter series?

I think doing a series is a good option. For starters let's have simple roles.

And if this is Klueless mafia, does that mean you are the Klueless Master (i.e - master of kluelessness??) And can I get royalties for making up the name? bigeyes.gif

Nope, I will remain KlueMaster while players will be KlueLess. And the other name, well you haven't made up that name, my gf used to call me that. So, no royalties :P

i dunno Klue, but one thing I have noticed...

Naming the vanillas as mere vanillas is an advantage to the Baddies..

They can out their roles, while being safe.

Similarly, a goodie too have more chance of being lynched this way.

If a person is getting lynched, and he outs himself as "I am a vanilla", he have more chances of being lynched, as compare to he saying, "I am John Smith" (John Smith being a unique goodie role)

So just wanna tell you that generalizing the vanillas goes in baddies favour.

Edited by Anon26

And the other name, well you haven't made up that name, my gf used to call me that.\

You had/have a girlfriend? =/

I would add 2 more vanilla then to give the goodie a decent chance at finding a bad before the game ends. As it stands now, if a bad gets their answer in time for night 1 and the other gets it in time for day 2, bad victory is almost guaranteed. 2 more vanilla pushes that out to day 3 with a chance for the spy to have found one of them or for someone to trip them up.

I definitely disagree with this. The numbers are already in favour of the goodies, especially with the known difficulties for each puzzle (vanilla = easy)

i dunno Klue, but one thing I have noticed...

Naming the vanillas as mere vanillas is an advantage to the Baddies..

They can out their roles, while being safe.

Similarly, a goodie too have more chance of being lynched this way.

If a person is getting lynched, and he outs himself as "I am a vanilla", he have more chances of being lynched, as compare to he saying, "I am John Smith" (John Smith being a unique goodie role)

So just wanna tell you that generalizing the vanillas goes in baddies favour.

Exactly. With 2 baddies against 7 goodies, when the baddies might not gain immediate BTSC either, I think it is fair that vanillas are just vanillas instead of specific characters.

*Thumbs up* My thoughts exactly.