BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Help please I can't get this one!

I have 8 tyres that need changing every 5/6 months. What am I?

Clue:

I have 10 tyres in total but only 8 need changing at at time. Failure to change 1 of these tyres could Harm people badly. My last serious accident for this was 1991

3 answers to this question

I think Molly Mae has the right idea but is probably not the answer expected. Since the DC-8 series aircraft are made in USA, where the excepted spelling is "tire" and the original question used the British spelling of "tyre", I would assume the the proper answer would be the Airbus. At least 3 different choices here:

a300- 2 front, 8 main

a310- 2 front, 8 main

a330- 2 front, 8 main

The 8 main tires receive the greatest shock and heat generation during landing while the two nose tires are for steering and support less proportional weight, the 8 main tires (or tyres) must be changed more frequently. If one of the main ones blow, the aircraft looses control on landing, especially if it is one under the wings.

I think Molly Mae has the right idea but is probably not the answer expected. Since the DC-8 series aircraft are made in USA, where the excepted spelling is "tire" and the original question used the British spelling of "tyre", I would assume the the proper answer would be the Airbus. At least 3 different choices here:

a300- 2 front, 8 main

a310- 2 front, 8 main

a330- 2 front, 8 main

The 8 main tires receive the greatest shock and heat generation during landing while the two nose tires are for steering and support less proportional weight, the 8 main tires (or tyres) must be changed more frequently. If one of the main ones blow, the aircraft looses control on landing, especially if it is one under the wings.

Good find. I couldn't find specs for how many tyres the DC-8 actually had.

*Thumbs up*