BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Faizaan

Question

Pain seers through your body, an earthquake of hurt starting from your side and spreading to every other part of your body. To your fingertips. A vague sense of conflict, leading up to where you are now. Where is that again? Nothing to see, Nothing to hear. Distorted feelings and ideas fill your head. Oh, that's right. Inside my head.

You Awaken.

You try opening your eyes. Bad idea. Stinging bright light induces an instant headache. I never did like Mondays. Time Stops. So does your heart. What day is it? What year? Where am I? You forcefully open your eyes, slowly, but not succumbing to the pain. Blurry. You can't seem to make out anything significant.Why is everything so blurry?!? You instinctively try to wipe your eyes.

Your hands are tied behind your back. Well, great. Your eyes adjust and focus, and the lack of noticeable shapes starts to make sense. You're in a white room, with nothing in it but you, a chair, and an electronic I.V. attached to your arm. It had malfunctioned and shut off. Whatever they were pumping into you, the had plenty of... Who are they, exactly? Regardless, you need to find a way out, this place isn't giving off the best vibes. You've got Duct tape on your wrists, a needle in your arm, and an old wooden chair under you.

So, you need to get out of...where ever you are. I have a general idea where this is going, but 'll make up stuff as I go along. Sometimes there will be a specific solution to the problem you are told to solve, but sometimes, the solution will be ambiguous. This is my first time writing something like this, please leave feedback on my writing style!

Good Luck! :)

P.S. Any questions (i.e. about the environment, etc.) will be answered. Also, be very specific. Pretend I'm a genie or something. ^_^

9 answers to this question

You attempt to rise from your seat. Pain bolts through your body. What the-? Blood, your blood. Lots of it, too. There's a puncture wound close to your left kidney (from the front). You try to ignore the pain, and stand. Suddenly, the sound of a doorknob turning. Behind you? Adrenaline shoots through your body. You play dead. Well, unconscious, really. The sounds of footsteps approaching you make your heart beat faster and faster. What do you do? Attack? Continue playing dead?

EDIT: Accidentally posted while incomplete.

Edited by Faizaan

Probably U R describing someone who had a cerebral stroke and became unconscious and maybe violent too while treatment was started; that is why hands are tied. As U recover slowly that was what U found as per u'r description. U R helpless unless the doctors treating U think that u have sufficiently recovered and then only they will remove all restraints. This can happen to anyone of us.

Or is it that U R recovering from a deep stab wound near the Kidney and severe blood loss leading to shock? Probably someone attempted to kill U?

[

The source of the footsteps stops behind you. Large hands grab your restrained wrists, moving them around, probably checking the tape. He (or she) walks around you and lifts your chin and turns your head side to side examining you carefully. You seize the moment to crack your eyes open the tiniest bit. Definitely a man. Bald, large jaw, and scars on his face, grinning. (Very stereotypical, huh?) Whoever this guy is, he isn't a doctor. His eyes gaze over to the IV. Crap. His expression melts; concern overcoming his face.

"Mitch!" You flinch at the volume of his voice.

"What?!" replies another voice from the door behind you. Two of them? Good thing you didn't try to attack.

"The machine's busted! I don't know how long it's been but he isn't awake yet. Go get another one."

Door shuts. Footsteps into the distance.

The man in the room starts, "I should probably get that bandaged, huh?" refering to the hole in your side.

He stands up walks towards the door but doesn't leave. You hear him set something heavy down, muttering something about "...not even sure why I hold on to this anymore, it's pointless." He walks back with some gauze, and starts wrapping it around your torso.]

So what now? Do you make a move? Do you wait for events to play themselves out? Think carefully, plan ahead, make assumptions (you'll need them).

Questions?

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Faizaan