BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

OmegaScales

Question

Welcome, adventurers, to the Kingdom of Infinity, a realm where anything might, and usually does, happen. We have orcs, humans, sprites, elves, dwarves, dragons, etc., and creatures you could not even imagine living here. So tell me, who are you?

EXAMPLE:

USERNAME: OmegaScales

NAME: SelacsAgemo

RACE: God

APPEARANCE: Whatever I choose to look like at the time (currently a glowing young man)

PROFESSION: God of everything that exists

OTHER INFO: I will control shopkeepers, quest givers, etc.

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Wait, what scale is this? How big? I wanna be in the British govt.

The land mass (including Japan) is about three tenths of the world (about the same size if all the land on earth was pushed together). There is a magic portal in Capitol City that connects to Earth (where we live). It connects us in a different manner than the alien portal/rifts, but will affect Earth if something strange is happening in TKoI and vice versa. Therefore, you can be on Earth (in London, England) and be a citizen of TKoI. We happy?

Since Mandrake in London (of Earth) seems to have been told that another dimension was merging with his, I will assume that the alien dimension is encroaching through rifts on both the Kingdom of Infinity and Earth. If this requires correction, then scream and whine at me.

Snowpaw: An evening nap under the fading sunlight caps a day marked by one less mouse to menace the neighbourhood. I lie content in slumber, rousing briefly to seek a slightly more comfortable pose, when I catch a glimpse of what seems to be an ill-timed flicker of sunlight. Now fully awoken from my catnap, unsure if the persistent faintly odd colour of the room was simply a hypnopompic illusion, the question is soon made moot by another glimmer coming from the direction opposite the sun. Could that simply have been a reflection from a passing trolly? Somehow I thought not, and my suspicions only grew as Mandrake called me forth.

Falling a short distance from the spot in the air into which I was summoned, after a bit of nimble aerobatics for a four point landing, it took a moment to recognize Mandrake's workplace. It wasn't often that I was summoned here. The master's expression serves to reinforce the gravity of the situation. "So, gov'ner, we're off then, are we?" The words had barely crossed my lips before I find myself hoisted by the scruff and being carried out the door.

I started a conversation with everyone (except Segul who, for some reason, "cannot use the messaging system"). Everyone read it yet? NO! READ IT PEOPLE (tolecnal, Kathleen, unreality)!!! Anyone who has not started their rp, please do so.

@Segul: Do you have your messaging system turned on? If not, please turn it on so I can add you to the conversation.

A tree fell and knocked down a transformer that connects to my house, so I'm at a neighbor's who isn't connected to that one. I will likely not be able to come online for at least a couple days because I can't just come over whenever I feel l, so... just go on without meeeee!!!!!! ... yeah, I'm feeling a little dramatic right now. A hurricane DID just hit me...

And thank you Aaryan for keeping this alive. :thumbsup:

I can't see any thing that would stop me from receiving messages, anything I should check specifically?

Martim

In the middle of an ancient desert there was a square stone building. A stone road covered in sand led up to a crumbling stone statue. Inside this building there are about 12 odd people inside. One man sitting on a stool is talking to a local man.

"I Martim, me need elder" he said in a somewhat broken rendition of the desert language.

"What do you mean by that?" replied the local.

"Sorry, Where king elder house?" said Martim with much difficulty.

"Ah, you mean the palace?" Replied the local.

"Yes, you much wise" said Martim happily.

"Thank you, but I'm afraid you can't go to the palace unless you have a way to help..." said the local.

"Help?" replied Martim with an edge of alarm.

"The desert is tearing itself apart, giant holes opening everywhere" said the local with concern.

"I help much" said Martim with a concealed edge of happiness.

"I can take you replied the local.

The palace was a giant stone structure surrounded by a large wall and many ceremonial statues with 15 or so guards outside. The sandstorms seemed much more fierce around there. The man called Martim has just entered the throne room to speak with the king.

"Respectful greeting great elder" said Martim.

"I hear you can help us" said the king.

"Yes, me think" replied Martim.

"How?" replied the king.

"Put fire sticks on road to mountains and lay weapons on road, please ancient elder power" said Martim.

"Well, I suppose I co-" began the king.

The entire palace began to rumble and shake. The tiles on the floor all began to buckle, releasing centuries old sand from under the tiles and blinding the entire room. Suddenly a blinding light came from under the sand. The floor was completely destroyed and enough sand came out to blind an army. There was a tearing noise and a blinding light came through the sand screen. Martim brought out a revolver and shot at the light. To the light sensitive eyes of a shade it blinded him and he began to speak in a voice beyond the human frequency as he did in times of stress as he staggered towards the exit. He got out and looked at the palace, or what remained of it. Only the entry passage was left. Martim began to wander through the desert for a few minutes before he collapsed and passed out.

Lancelot

Outside the walls of Stone Town, a city of the plains 50 kilometers south of the Capitol City, Lancelot bobs along in the back of the last oily wagon of the mercenary train heading north. The group, called the Gray Company for their lack of allegiance to anyone, is on its way to Capitol City to resupply and reconvene with a larger train of mercenaries before heading north for work. As Lancelot gazes back at the blackened city walls of the only place she's ever known, her nostalgia is drowned out by newer, crisper feelings of freedom and endless possibility.

She remembers how an old woman had spied her in the market running from a group of large boys and after knocking the first boy out with her large (and heavy) cane had grabbed hold of Lancelot while the boys that were pursuing her ran away. Lancelot had struggled to get free but after the old woman fixed Lancelot with her no-nonsense bright green gaze Lancelot froze, stunned by her first site of someone equally inhuman as herself. The old woman had grunted, grabbed Lancelot by her dirty shoulders and told her she had two options, "Find me with the Gray Company at North Gate tomorrow by dawn or die here, likely sooner rather than later." And with that she'd walked away swinging her basket and cane. Lancelot had ran at once to North Gate climbed atop the guardhouse roof and camped there til dawn came, she'd had nothing to gather and no one to say goodbye to. Lancelot soon found out the old lady was Granny, the Gray Company's cook, and that she was in need of a hand for the trip north.

Lancelot watches as Stone Town disappears into the horizon. It is merely a dusty gray spot in the distance, but Lancelot can still see the guards atop the city walls because of her half-sylvan eyesight, which is why no one else from the company notices as the sky above the city appears to rip open. Lancelot gasps as the rip spreads wider and wider and soon engulfs the city walls in its inky sheet. She can't hear from this far away, but she can imagine the screams of the guards which she can no longer see for the blackness. As soon as it appears the inky blackness evaporates leaving a large cloud of dust where the northern wall of the city used to be - nay, where the entire city used to be. Lancelot can see nothing now but dust, but neither can she speak. She feels Granny at her shoulder and the crone whispers "I was afraid that would happen...recently, we've heard of portals like that opening up between here and the southern coast, we keep moving so as not to run afoul of them - and we 'll keep moving now. It's got nothing to do with us."

The train of wagons rumbles on as Lancelot nods and turns away from the dusty desolation. But she can't help feeling that Granny is wrong, that those rips in the sky would have everything to do with them.

Edited by tolecnal

I'll occasionaly add something from SelacsAgemo's perspective.

SelacsAgemo

A tall, elderly man with a grey, scraggly beard that sweeps the ground looks up at the sky, holding his gnarled, black oak staff in his wrinkled right hand. He stands in the middle of a field with a giant elm tree that has survived for almost 800 years a meter behind him. The elm gives off a calming presence, soothing any creature that enters the field, aptly named Tranquility Field.

*sigh* "I hope they will be able to stop it... the merging is only the first threat. Should they fail... I wish I could see it, but they are blocking the future."

The old man suddenly becomes a young child holding a shinai (bamboo sword used in kendo).

"Good luck, adventurers. May the Fates guide you well," he says, vanishing into thin air, less than a second before another portal rips open. A short, rocky creature comes out, and starts tearing up everything. Its appearance is not unlike a turtle, but it stands on its hind legs. Its head similar to a falcon's, and its arms equipped with rock-crushing pincers, it would make a formidable opponent. With its incredible speed and strength, the mystical elm tree turns to woodchips in a mere second. After another second, the creature burrows under the earth, the field now stripped of life.

It looks like Kathleen and unreality cannot connect get on the internet right now. Let's just move on in the meantime.

I pack my provisions in my magic purse and head out. Before leaving, I stop by the places I frequent to tell of my departure. Toni is the most depressed, as we have grown so close in these four years. She was the one who taught me everything about the world outside of Mjarujo; she talked the tailor into making clothes for me, even though he wasted so much material trying to get it right, and even paid for all that wasted material; she convinced the Head Mayor to buy extra salt just for my cause; she provided me money and eventually landed me my job.

*sob sob sob* "Omase... please don't go... Th-there must be plenty of other people looking for answers! You don't have to go!!!... Please..."

"I've made up my mind. I'll miss you, Toni. Your like my big sis. But know it's my turn to teach you something; if you love something, let it be free... I promise I'll come back to visit you. Okay?"

*sob sob* "... Okay... Please be careful..." *hug*

"I will."

I head out the West gate, the guards saluting me. As I, the Four Sword Paladin, Honorary* Thirteenth General of His Majesty's Royal Army, step out of Capitol City, the guards shoot off three rounds, one for good luck, and two signifying honor and respect.

-------------------------

*Honorary signifies that Omase is not an active duty General, but may be called upon in times of need.

I step out ofthe governent building and hurry away. After hours of traveling on broom, I stop by an old pub at the edge of the sea. I put down my cat Snowpaw and he hurries awayto do whatever cats do. I step into the pub, from which loud yells and music were coming. However, the moment I put my foot in, all noise dies down, and as I walk all eyes are following me. Eventually I am surrounded by four men. The term is "wizard" but their boorish attitude didn't quite fit that word.

"Oi, mates! If it ain't that big man Mandrake! Wot, you gotta job in the guv'ment, eh?" Says one, as the others laugh.

"Ooh, whatcha gonna do, report us?" said another, in a high-pitched voice.

"No," I say coldly. "I am here for some information."

"Well, ye ain't welcome here, yew idjit! Whatcha say, me boyos, should we have some fun wi' this un?" They cheer.

"Look, I don't want any trouble!" I say, but the four surrounding me pull out their wands. I see I have no choice but to fight. As one of them starts a spell, I shoot off a Stunner that sends him crashing into the bar. Immediately I turn to another one and kick a chair, bowling him right into the third man, and a quick Impediment Jinx knocks them out for the count. I hear something going on behind me and as I turn I see the fourth man pointing his wand at me, saying"Avada--"Then three things happen at once. He finishes the incantation just as some kind of hole rips behind him. It was as if the air itself was some kid of fabric, and it tore to reveal a swirling mass of colors. I jump away just as the green light passes right where I was standing, and I see a horrible hand-for that was what is looks like-grab his head. The man screams as the hand pulls him into the void and the air repairs itself, as if nothing had happened. I step briskly out of the bar, but my worst fears were confirmed. This was serious. I'm more determined than ever to fix this.

SelacsAgemo says: Tis better to empty thy mind than let thine thoughts overflow.

Translation: It's better to post/write (on whatever you can) something while it's fresh in your mind than to try to remember it later when other things may have pushed it out of your mind.

This post is an example of that. It is also a way of saying, "Please post something people!!!!"

@Segul

I can't seem to find any information as to why I can't PM you. I have an idea, though: Could you try to send me a messege? I don't know if it will work/help or not, but please just try it.

Wandering about near the shoreline was mouth-watering with the size of the seagulls nearby. But Snowpaw knew how dangerous they could be. None of those nearby looked feeble enough to make for an easy meal, so he turned his attention elsewhere and noticed the torn ear belonging to Westerly. "Bloody hell, what have you been getting yourself into old chap?"

"Heh, crossed paths with that Pavon fellow, and found myself on the business end of a talon." While the cats liked Pavon, or rather, the small tasty birds that tended to gather wherever Pavon traveled, the feeling was not mutual.

"Hope you've at least gotten a mouthfull of nosh for your trouble."

"That I have, my boy; that I certainly have."

Out of the corner of his slitted eyes, Snowpaw caught a passerby apparently taking heed of the pair of cats. He found a nearby piece of string to start batting around, and taking his cue Westerly took to grooming himself until the human passed them by and was out of eye- and earshot.

"What's brought that bloke back to our corner of the world, anyway?"

"One can only guess. After all, I was in no position to chat."

"Well, thanks for the tip. I'll make sure he's not in sight before my next pounce. Take care, Wes."

I can still make a character, right?

Yes. Just put the info

in code.

By the way, the fact that I hadn't posted anything in a while means I GOT BORED and FORGOT TO CHECK BACK. This occasionally happens when NO ONE IS POSTING!!!!! in the topics I like.

Edited by OmegaScales

Name:nick dejanus

Race:demon

Apperance: like any normal black haired browneyed mortal, has binding charm around his neck to keep from being tossed back to hell. If lost, must go back to hell and reapply for a new charm.

Abilities: being a demon, has a demonic form which is basically a living gargoyle.skilled in the ways of banishment and the evading thereof because of it's common use against it, he has devoloped the abiility to hide in someone's shadow.

I suspect the game is suffering from a lack of structure. The players are left to write their own stories, without any particular goal or obstacles set up for them. There's also a complete absence of interaction between any of the players. That means that from a player's perspective, we're each sort of just writing our own little independent stories in this world, without the challenges or player interactions that make an RPG fun. If the players are still around and you'd like to try a salvage, it might be possible to bring them together and give them some goals to work with (or against) each other on. Or just abandon this thread and go for a fresh start.

Snowpaw coughs up a furball, then goes back to licking his paws.