BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

OmegaScales

Question

Welcome, adventurers, to the Kingdom of Infinity, a realm where anything might, and usually does, happen. We have orcs, humans, sprites, elves, dwarves, dragons, etc., and creatures you could not even imagine living here. So tell me, who are you?

EXAMPLE:

USERNAME: OmegaScales

NAME: SelacsAgemo

RACE: God

APPEARANCE: Whatever I choose to look like at the time (currently a glowing young man)

PROFESSION: God of everything that exists

OTHER INFO: I will control shopkeepers, quest givers, etc.

• Answers 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Here is the character I will be playing as (not to be confused with with all the NPCs and monsters):

USERNAME;OmegaScales

NAME:Omase(O-mas-eh)

SEX: Female

RACE:Mjirda (Me-yurda)

APPEARANCE: A creature that normally looks mostly human, except for the two extra arms and two tails. During new moons, she becomes a ten meter tall creature with ten of each limb (including tails).

PROFESSION: Tetra-Sword Paladin: weilds four swords in humanoid form; can use some magic

OTHER INFO: The Mjirda are beings with an unlimited lifespan, meaning they cannot die of old age. However, they need a steady supply of salt to stay alive, and almost all have died because they ran low. They are one of the original races in TKoI, and have made countless structures in all the surrounding lands. All Mjirda have two extra arms and two tails in their humanoid form, but each looks different during the new moons. Normally Mjirda reside in Mjarujo, an area where magical energy is plentiful, though they have a custom that upon every 103 years, one of them is chosen to leave and never return. They are chosen by nine tests (3 of wit, 3 of strength, and 3 of bravery) that were designed by their ancestors. Whomever passes the most tests is "chosen". If there is a tie between two or more contestants, all eligable contestants are "chosen". 4 years ago, Omase and her brother, Mjaruut, had both passed all nine tests; the first ever 9 out of 9 tie in the Mjirda's entire history.

Edit to rule 2: Animal characters (cats, dogs, etc.) can choose to start with a master/owner.

By the way, if anyone thinks there should be a story element, such as an evil king has declared war on TKoI or something else, I would like that input.

&yeah. past 1am now. Nightz!

Hello BD :D I'm back for a bit. This looks like fun ^^ Excuse somewhat long descriptions.

USERNAME: Kathleen

NAME: Pavon

RACE: Drake (half dragon, half human)

APPEARANCE: Pale blue/almost white hair in a mop, just past his chin, and blue eyes. He has scales that run down the sides of his face, over his shoulders and down the tops of his arms, down his sides and in patches on his knees and feet (light blue). He has a pair of wings that comes from his shoulderblades, that fold out for flight, and in for ease, as well as a scaled tail that acts as a rudder in flight. He wears a greyish vest with nothing under it, and loose black pants and worn leather sandals, as well as a tribal looking necklace of feathers and beads, and feathers woven in his hair (all black).

PROFESSION: Shaman: He can call on animals and animal spirits to aid him, though he specializes in birds and animals who can fly.

OTHER INFO: Despite being brought up in a rather busy city away from wildlife, Pavon felt his calling was in nature and would often sneak out of school as a child to explore the forests outside the city. Fascinated with flight, something that he cannot do because his wings are not strong enough, he felt a connection with birds, and as his shaman powers emerged, it only made sense that he could call on them for help in need. But years of watching his friends, parents and his closest companions; the birds, fly, was not something easy. Now determined more than ever to learn, he is off on a journey to strengthen his wings, and learn.

Username: Aaryan

Name: John Mandrake

Species: Human

Appearance: Tall, dark, with glasses and straight-back hair. He wears a long black cloak and boots.

Profession: Harry-Potter-style Wizard, wanderer.

Other: Mandrake was brought up in a normal wizarding home, but as he grew up he became more and more roguish. Eventually the government tried to destroy his wand and he left home to live with the swamis of India. Along the way he heard about some kind of higher entity, something called the SelacsOgema, and is in pursuit of finding it. He has a cat that converses with him.

Ability: Spells.

Username: kristmark1

Name: Just call me kris (I prefer writing it lowercaps)

Race: I don't really have a race (I'm unique)

Age: As old as time itself, currently taking the form of a teenager

Appearance: Kinda-long brown hair, really sparkly dark-brown eyes... other than that just a normal guy.

General Information: I live just like any other 13 year old, even though most people are afraid of me. I don't speak a lot (a bit antisocial) but people kinda like me.

Powers: I can manipulate pretty much anything - time, space, reality, even people's thoughts and feelings. Immortality.

Restrictions: I never kill anything; I never lie; Even though I can affect people's minds I can't learn what they're thinking / what they know. I always choose to do what's morally right.

That's pretty much it. If you think I should have more restrictions just say so.

That's pretty much it. If you think I should have more restrictions just say so.

You can be killed, but other than that, you can be immortal. Also, you can only manipulate a certain amount of anything at a time. You can travel through time, but not control time itself. In other words, you can look into the past, but you cannot manipulate it. Also, you can see certain, preordained events in the future, but nothing more.

That makes nine.You may BEGIN!

P.S. I am still wondering about that story elements thing. Any ideas?

Can I still make a character?

Yes you may. Just put it in code

like this.[/CODE]

Anyone else that wants to join later or make a second character is to do the same.

Ooh yea maybe this plane is in the process of colliding with some kind of surreal alien plane and there are rifts and portals opening up everywhere being all weird lol

Hrm... Howz this: TKoI is starting to merge with another world in a different dimension, creating rifts and portals in certain places where magic energy is actually visible, such as the center of [color=#ff0000]Mjarujo[/color]. Adventurers and scholars alike are trying to find a way to stop and reverse this. In the other world, everything looks like it came out of a terribly drawn comic, and you "speak" in speech bubbles with silent film music in the background.

Username: Segul

Name: Martim

Race: Shade

Apperance: Naturally a grey colour. Limbs are longer and thinner than humans. Has four clawed fingers.

Profession: Royal spy

Backstory: Very unbalanced and suspicious.

Abilities: Can change skin tone slightly to blend in with his surroundings, can release a toxin onto his claw that causes mild sickness. He is good at hiding and most aspects of spying.

Hrm... Howz this: TKoI is starting to merge with another world in a different dimension, creating rifts and portals in certain places where magic energy is actually visible, such as the center of Mjarujo. Adventurers and scholars alike are trying to find a way to stop and reverse this. In the other world, everything looks like it came out of a terribly drawn comic, and you "speak" in speech bubbles with silent film music in the background.

Don't like the comic idea. Make them powerful aliens or something.

Could someone explain how an RP works?

Could someone explain how an RP works?

It would be easier to just show.......... I don't feel like it now though, I want someone else it start it off (maybe Omega should) and then I'll jump in with something

edit: also give us some geography for your world. What is it like, what is the general terrain for this part of the civilized world? What kind of resources are available, what's the political situation like, etc?

Edited by unreality

The Kingdom of Infinity is in a world that is magically connected to Earth (unlike the world that is merging with TKoI). The world is basically the same as a mixed modern and medieval supercontinent. Similar governments, similar politics, etc. all combined on one land mass that takes up about one fourth of the world with a few islands around the rest of the world. Some cities and villages can afford modern tech, some choose to go without it, some can't afford it. Some places have the same names that we have on earth, like there is a section of land called India, a string of islands near the south coast called Japan, etc. I'll draw it up in Paint soon (I don't have anything better to work with).

You start in a city or town. Any city or town is fine, but you start by learning of the rifts between the worlds (an alien world). You can learn about it in any way (tv, rumor, newspaper, town crier, etc.).

MORE INFO: NPC's (anyone can control them except for quests and rewards) will be in black and your character in a different color (I will be using red). Currency will be called Wyva (singular and plural).

Okay then, I'll start.

Entering the Capitol City market, my best friend Toni calls me over.

"Hey Omase. You watch the news last night?" she says.

"No. What happened? Another bombing?" I respond.

"No. Apparently, there is some world in another dimension that is merging with ours, leaving rifts between us and them. There was a scientist that said that if it keeps up at this rate, our world will... collapse... or something. I lost him after that, so I just stared into his big blue eyes for the rest of his talk. He was sooo cute."

"Jeez, Toni. Yesterday you were in love with that bodybuilder, the day before with some random goth dude, the day before that with a punk rocker... you sure fall in and out of love fast."

"I know... I just have so much love to give. Oh yeah! There was also something about a reward for anyone who can unmerge the worlds or whatever. I don't remember anything about the reward, but hey! Free stuff!"

We talk a little longer before parting. As I walk away, I begin thinking about the merging worlds. I have made up my mind. I will find out how to save this world. I buy some provisions, including plenty of salt, before going back home to pack for my adventure.

Changing my occupation-I work for the British government.

So here I am, minding my own business in my office, as the junior minister of Internal Affairs, London.

"Er, Mister Mandrake? Yes, here's the file meant for Tallow." Jenkins dropped a heavy folder on my desk.

"Why isn't Tallow dealing with it?"

"He's out playing golf."

I snort. "Of course. So, brief me."

"Well, sir, it appears that another dimension is forcing its way into ours. They're causing rifts, or portals to allow them through. If it keeps up, our world will collapse and the creatures of the other world will come through."

"And our job?"

"Create a euphemism for the people. Get them to defend. if neccessary, but don't make them panic."

"What? Those bunglers in Security are going to try to stop them, I suppose?"He nods."Yes, well, I'll do my best on my job.Leave me to think."

I think about the worlds, and those idiots in Security. They care more about their jobs than the people's lives. I decide. It's up to me. Something had to be causing these rifts, some cause in our world...I summon up my cat,Snowpaw and we leave. I knew some people that might help me. All I need is my wand.

Fort Redsea at night resembles a dark stone cube-shaped extension of the cliffside, hugging the jagged precipice like some kind of half-natural half-artificial overhang. Covered in winding staircases of stone and jutting buttresses carved from solid cliff rock, and topped with an enormous obilisk with an enormous glowing sphere of some kind of bright blue phosphorescent hovering over the top, acting as a lighthouse for ships navigating the narrow stormy straits just past Fort Redsea, between the cliffs and the smattering of rocky isles across the whitecapped channel. The salty ocean water, lit by the eerie glow of multiple moons and the deep soft blue of the obilisk, smashes and crashes and flies spitting foam across the rocks at the base of the cliffs. A two-headed sea bird glides past, buffeted by briny winds, shrieking and casting about its piercing nightvision for daring fish.

Sentries dressed in the red velvet robes of Fort Redsea, complete with a bronze breastplate, nestle mugs of stimulating berry tea and blink tiredly at the dark waves, pacing back and forth, watching for pirates and other scourges of the coast.

What happens next, however, is completely unexpected by any of them. Two things, independent but nearly simultaneous - their arrival a coincidence perhaps, or more?

Djino, armed with a magically expansive backpack picked up in the alpine village, with a dwindling supply of food and necessities, and a small cashbag of official credits, arrives at the land-side entrance to the fort, battered by cold coastal winds and shrouded by an overcast night. There is a small building on top of the cliff, guarded by a sentry. Djino explains his business and hands the sentry a note he brought from the alpine village. The deal was, in payment for carrying this message, the Fort is to let Djino rest for a few days before continuing south down the coast toward the major harbor cities. The sentry heads inside for a while, comes back out, and takes Djino into the stone top-building, which features an entry way, a small armory, and a guarded staircase descending into the cliff and emerging into the actual Fort which hangs halfway down the cliffside.

They emerge onto the main outer platform, overlooking the archipelago below, and that's when Djino's outlook on life forever changes.

There is a massive burst of nuclear light from in front of them, so bright and sudden it explodes throughout the entire sky, turning the dark atmosphere temporarily to light. Blue sky and clouds drift by overhead. Then everything flickers purple and all the light in the world seems to suck back into the epicenter of this phenomenon, which expels outward again after concentrating, expiring itself but leaving something very large behind, falling through some kind of roughly slashed tear in the very fabric of the universe.

The creature is enormous, with slimy tar-black skin, like a massive scaled-up panther but covered in goo and dark fishy scales instead of fur. The head is also very very long with a snout bristling with sharp teeth. Gills flail on the neck, and the claws are long and webbed. The front legs are winged with large sea-web style wings folding back along its sides. The enormous monster hurls itself against the rocks with a fierce animalistic cry before collapsing and twisting in midair, splashing into the ocean. During all this, massive chunks of Fort Redsea have fallen into the water, and the cliff is still rumbling in the aftershock. The mysterious beast, still flailing below, trying to reach deeper water. Finally everything settles into quietude and the creature is gone.

Then, a couple minutes later and without water, the beast lunges out of the sea and swipes the Fort with a massive claw. Boulders rain down around Djino, who is now running as fast as his wounded body can handle. He can feel his tendons tearing as he leaps off the falling structure and into a tiny crack in the cliffside. Huddling next to some kind of bird nest complete with spotted eggs, shivering from the splashing seawter, Djino watches the fort collapse into the ocean, shattering on the rocks below into a pile of bloody crumbled architecture. He watches the beast sift through the rubble for hours, snacking on dead sentries, before turning away and gliding into the waters. Finally Djino climbs his way back up and camps in a nearby dune forest, interspacial rifts filling his nightmares. The world is changing quickly, and Djino is more alone than he's ever been in his entire life, his entire worldview already pulled out beneath him, and now this.

I'm not a good typer so I'l just do it the lazy (short) way...

I'm walking home from school. Suddenly the ground beneath me disappears as I fall into a wormhole. "Not again" I say as I realize what's happening (there's been more than one similar mergings before). I quickly teleport back into our world and visit my friends at the secret lab. <--(it's secret so I can't give you more information) There my friend Mr.X (names are classified information too) tells me all the details and finally says:

- However there seems to be something different this time, almost as if some invisible force is trying to merge the two worlds on purpose.

With that he's finished and I set on getting my stuff ready... looks like I'm gonna have to save this world again...

IN THE MAP:

Quadrants I and IV are mountainous, q.s II and III are flatter, q.s I and II have greenery, and q.s III and IV are more barren. Q I is usually snowy, q II has forests, swamps, etc., q III is similar to a plain, and q IV has several deserts.

This map only shows about three tenths of the world (about 150 x 105 square kilometers). There are several small islands scattered around the rest of the world, but they aren't important (at least not right now).

Note: Japan is not included in the above statements.

post-36675-0-83454900-1314299868.jpg

Username: Segul

Name: Martim

Race: Half shade half human

Apperance: Naturally a grey colour. Limbs are longer and thinner than humans. Has four clawed fingers. Still look like a human otherwise however

Profession: Royal spy

Personality: Very unbalanced and suspicious.

Abilities: Can change skin tone slightly to blend in with his surroundings, can release a toxin onto his claw that causes mild sickness. He is good at hiding and most aspects of spying.He knows his way around modern and medieval technology quite well.

Just altering my character.