BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

OmegaScales

Question

A lot of other forums I'm on (Fairy Tail Mania, Dragon Cave Forum, Organization Infinity, etc.) have a role play forum. I do not mean like a mafia or gamish rping, but honest to blog role playing as a character you like or your own made up character. I just thought a few moments ago, why not suggest this as a BD forum?, so I am. So?

6 answers to this question

I may have caused a little confusion, so let me restate my suggestion. I was thinking that we should have a RP subforum in the games forum so as not to be confused within all the other games. I want to know if anyone else thinks that's a good idea or not. I would also like to hear some comments as to why or why not.

Hmmm... I haven't voted yet. I support RPing and would likely participate. But I don't know if there would be enough interest to warrant an entire forum.

Suggestion: Start an RP (or several) in the games forum. If there's a lot of activity, I'll vote yes. =P

It might allow some of us to actually see other people (instead of gazing at them with suspicious looks because we think they're mafia).

We have had 5 RP threads on BD, but only 3 have been successful (Had ending/completion).

The biggest problem with forum RPing is people becoming inactive. With IRC or IM RPing, the action is instant and to-the-point. With forum RP's, the action is drawn out over days to weeks. People can't pay attention for too long, or they get bored.

If a method is created to keep activity levels high, and RP threads become popular in the Games forum, then DEFINITELY CREATE an RP subforum!

it depends, but gernally GM posts a scene, then you decide what your character does in that scene. in some rp's the GM will futher descide wheter your attempted actions were successful or not, ussually based on your attributes and a roll of the dice. (que dungens and dragons.)