BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Skulduggery Pleasant Mafia 2: Playing with Fire

Aaryan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to keep in mind that not everyone here is in the same time zone. Akriti and KlueMaster are in India. YoDell is in Romania. Aura is in Australia. There are also work schedules and everyday life things. Some of us here have joked about this before but there is a life outside of BD. :) Some might not have had a chance to check the day post.

Edited by Thalia

Aaryan I feel you need to explain clearly how your actions take place. You should already know as we've had one night already :idk:

Usually timeline-oriented. However, two things overrule this a. Blocks and b. Traps regardless of the position on the line the action is effective.

I believe the kills in this game are blocking actions, so someone who uses a block but is killed is also blocked by the kill. If a kill and a block target each other, the OOA position determines which action happens and which is prevented.

The difference is between strong OOA >> notation and weak OOA > notation. With strong OOA, everything is strict timeline so it is impossible to block a higher action since the higher action already happened. With weak OOA, you can block higher actions as long as they do not block you (or kill you, or redirect you away), and as long as nobody else blocks/kills/redirects you away.

And yes, A kills B and C is not blocked because B does not get to act.

Edited by Nana7

If you want something really mind blowing, what happens when C wants to trap A? lol. That is when you'd have to look at the order on the OOA because you have a loop of actions that all affect one another.

So not timeline oriented?

A > B > C

C blocks A who acts on B.

OOA says sure C blocks A but too late to stop him from acting on B, so both actions go through.

That's "timeline"

OOP (ftw, btw but wtfe) says C blocks A who can not act on B. Only C (and wetf B did) occur.

So again I ask which is it? And please don't answer "usually". Araver and I have a hard enough time grasping each others views on this. We don't need anything radical to be introduced.

So basically this is going to make ID'ing whomever is blocked/trapped a lot easier for the baddies.

Since failed actions show up in the NP we would just have to look at who didn't act and match it to the person blocked/trapped. Being trapped/blocked means you can't appear in the NP.

If maurice/Sakura aren't baddies then being trapped/blocked has eliminated almost two thirds of the roles they could be from the baddie point of view.

---

Looks like you want some of us to not act to give cover to those goodies that might be blocked/trapped. Since the odds of blocking a goodie are better than not.

Well this changes a few things I was thinking...

which is why i was asking this ...

maurice being trapped for instance would not prevent him ACTING from ANY of the actions above the trap unless he was acting on exactly the person that trapped him in the first place....!!!

the same goes for Shakura

So basically this is going to make ID'ing whomever is blocked/trapped a lot easier for the baddies.

Since failed actions show up in the NP we would just have to look at who didn't act and match it to the person blocked/trapped. Being trapped/blocked means you can't appear in the NP.

If maurice/Sakura aren't baddies then being trapped/blocked has eliminated almost two thirds of the roles they could be from the baddie point of view.

---

Looks like you want some of us to not act to give cover to those goodies that might be blocked/trapped. Since the odds of blocking a goodie are better than not.

I'm getting exactly the opposite from the hosts replies :-s... My understanding is that Maurice could very well have attempt a RID Recruit or RID Kill or a steal -> Act on it and THEN BE TRAPED ..unless he was acting on the very person that trapped him ....

also SPY is not listed in the action list ... :-??

and from the trap being the next to last on the list .. for me it seems that the save part in the trap does not save you from ANY RID KILL , but only from a INDY NK (which is already dead ..phew)

Usually timeline-oriented. However, two things overrule this a. Blocks and b. Traps regardless of the position on the line the action is effective.

Per this Blocks and Traps effect the action of anyone unless the blocker/trapper is targetted first.