BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

OmegaScales

Question

In Leslie Young on “Vacation”, I mentioned a plan to get away from the government agents using the sewer system, ten pounds of cement, a speaker system, motion sensors, and a pack of tissues. I was wondering what someone here might do using those items. You are not limited to them, but you must use what I have already given you. (btw, there is about 0.75 miles of sewer system) Anyone can criticize others’ plans, but please don’t thumbs down anyone (unless they don’t follow my rules).

Other Rules:

No killing

No maiming

That’s it, and good luck.

5 answers to this question

No idea about this but thought I would give it a go so please don’t laugh J

Use the cement to cover the entrance to the sewer system. While they are working their way through that, set up the motion sensor at the bottom of the entrance to the sewer and then record footsteps on a continuous loop and attach this to the speaker system which is placed in the opposite direction to my escape, wire the motion sensor to the speaker system and then drop some tissues in that direction from then entrance. Use the remaining tissues to clean my hands before heading back in the correct direction to make good my escape. As they finally enter the sewer they trip the sensors and activate the fake footsteps that take them in the wrong direction, by the time they find the speakers I have put even more distance between us and escaped.

No idea about this but thought I would give it a go so please don’t laugh J

Use the cement to cover the entrance to the sewer system. While they are working their way through that, set up the motion sensor at the bottom of the entrance to the sewer and then record footsteps on a continuous loop and attach this to the speaker system which is placed in the opposite direction to my escape, wire the motion sensor to the speaker system and then drop some tissues in that direction from then entrance. Use the remaining tissues to clean my hands before heading back in the correct direction to make good my escape. As they finally enter the sewer they trip the sensors and activate the fake footsteps that take them in the wrong direction, by the time they find the speakers I have put even more distance between us and escaped.

You don't have anything to record the footsteps with, or play them back on. All I can think to use the speakers for is the electromagnets they contain.

Otherwise, I like it.

It does state that we are not limited to these items but must make use of them all, this to me means that other items can also be used???

Yes, you may.

Also, you can have things set up beforehand, such as an entire length of speaker systems to lead them in a certain way.

By the way, here's what I had come up with for the tissues:

Put some small smoke bombs in the packet of tissues. Pretend to sneeze and take out the tissues while over/near a manhole and activate the smoke bombs, then head into the sewer. There is the possibility that the agents would grab him as soon as the smoke starts, so it's not a perfect plan.

Edited by OmegaScales

Fashion the cement to resemble c-4 and place it in the sewar near the manhole cover with obvious detanators. Place the speakers nearby and motion sensors too. Exit through the manhole cover and then close it and when they approach the cover. Run off and play a prerecorded message in which you tell them about the motion sensors and tell them there is c4 that will go off and kill them if they try to leave, tell them that cell phones will also set it off. Tell them about the box of tissues you left for them to use to wipe their tears if they feel like crying. Nobody dies or is maimed since the c-4 is fake. Even if the fake does not fool them for long, it should at least buy a minute or two.