BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM VI: Braveheart

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zweefer : *holding on* .. for .. how long ?

good game everyone .. no matter who won :D

tole.. i personally consider it a win .. even if the coin toss gave the win to the baddies .. mboon was only half an hour late for a goodie win .. and we knew up to the end who the baddies really are ;)

but

it was a trainer manual mafia so .. it was all about playing the game... not about winning or losing ... :D

how did that saying went : "the journey is its own reward!"

@Yodell, I agree that it was only a matter of timing and EDM having connection issues that gave us baddies a chance to get to the coin flip.

As it was, I still thought we needed to win another one though as it still would have been 1 v 1 on the last day and a voting tie - thus a 2nd coin flip. I maybe just didn't understand the rules though.

smoth you're right ... u won the coin flip : so it's you versus tole and EDM .. and if you kill one of them next night it;s a tie situation: day vote with ONE BADDIE VS ONE GOODIE :-s

of course no vote manip (miki was the vote manip I believe) ... thus votes canceling out so another coin flip !!!

NOX/Zweefer ??????

There is a standing rule for 1 vs 1 outcome final day. If one side has a night kill and the other does not and can not block it, the side with the night kill wins. This is to avoid coin toss being used to determine the outcome.

There is a standing rule for 1 vs 1 outcome final day. If one side has a night kill and the other does not and can not block it, the side with the night kill wins. This is to avoid coin toss being used to determine the outcome.

Completely OOC, but hey I'm insane anyway, so bear with me for a second:

I don't really think so.

I've both won and lost coinflips, and while it feels cheap for someone to lose b/c of a coinflip, there is no standing rule avoiding that endgame in Mafia. Another unavoidable (sometimes) ending is when everyone wins. The only ending which is completely avoided is where no one wins (no host dares that).

There is some debate on what "being in majority" means and if 1 vs 1 ties can be ruled as a shared win, but ... when there are only 2 factions, with one faction set on eliminating the other, there is no tie win rule possible (i.e. everybody wins), so the game goes on.

For 1G vs 1B in the beginning of a day with no vote manip, it all depends on the tie lynch rules:

- lynch = no tie - the faction with the (EDIT: unblockable) NK wins

- random player in the tie is lynched - one faction wins - coinflip ending

- all players in a tie are lynched - tie win however weird that sounds

So, in this particular case, the hosts will probably (should) say that the baddies won the next coinflip and wrap up with a nice ending.

Edited by araver

So you have it in one easy place....

Sakura - Longshanks - NK (carrier, if he dies nk is passed to random baddie) (vanilla)

Smoth - Prince Edwards - Block Coached by Thailia

Ethg242 - Phillip - Spy

Bong - William Wallace - Vote manip

Miki - Robert the Bruce - spy

TheCube - Hamish Campbell - block

Tralala! - Princess Isabelle - save Coached by Aaryan

Tolecnal - Stephen (the Irishman) - vanilla

mboon- Campbell the Elder - vanilla Coached by Aaryan

Canadola - Argyle Wallace - vanilla

Nana7 - MacGregor - vanilla

"

Bong - William Wallace - Vote manip

Miki - Robert the Bruce - spy

Tolecnal - Stephen (the Irishman) - vanilla

Nana7 - MacGregor - vanilla

"

darn how mixed I got those 4 roles :-s....

I was pretty sure Miki was Will ... she italicized the word will a couple of times .. and I thought tole was the spy (she said smth about "follow"-ing bad guys ... ) ... that goes to show how badly I am at getting hints :)

hmm....looks like I'm missing from the roster..... :P

Whatever...congrats smoth...you were lucky this time.....but only just..... :P

Good to see everyone played well (except me... :P)

Ok, gtg make more cockroach chutney!!! LOL!!! XD

Yeah, my hints probably were really easy to miss. In the beginning [N1, I think], a few times I told Sakura I would be stalking her. I figured you could also interpret this as spying on her, therefore coming to the conclusion that I was the spy. But I also had it so it looked kinda like an in-game joke type thing. It was probably really easy to miss.

I, on the other hand, thought tole was the vote manip, and bong was the block until N3, was it? When yodell acted as the block. Which just goes to show that I suck at hints and stuff, too, even though I've played in so many mafias before.

Well I was trying to hint that I was the vote manip just in case the actual vote manip was still alive and the baddies would NK me instead - didn't guess that they spied me or spied Bong until they killed you over me Miki, then it was pretty obvious they knew who I was :D I thought you were the spy Miki because you were the first to vote for sakura and never quibbled about it