BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM VI: Braveheart

Day 1

The sun was approaching the peak of the mountains. Hammish Campbell thought it ironic that such a beautiful sight was present for such an ugly reason to gather.

“Who will pay for the death of Bong?” Someone cried out.

“We want revenge!” another yelled.

The crowd pushed Sakura-chan to the front. “It's not me!” she protested. But I did see EDM acting suspicious all day...”

EDM stepped forward and yelled, “she is upset because I know the truth! She was responsible for Bong's death! Mboon agrees with me!

Mboon entered the fray accusing Shakura, with Shakura alternately cursing the others and defending herslef.

“ENOUGH!” came the voice of reason. “This constant bickering is getting us nowhere... odds are one of you, if not more are who we are looking for. But as I do not want any more innocent blood on our hands, I feel we have no choice but to let you all go.”

After much discussion and grumbling, it was agreed to give each of these three a new lease on life.

As the party broke up, all were wondering if this was the right choice and hoping theirs would not be the next body found in the morning.

Night 2 ends Fri 10 PM EST

Edited by Zweefer

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had absolutely no idea that we are allowed to not vote... anyway even i dint want any lynchings on Day1....

Its sad i can't be active when discussion are going on becoz of the huge time difference between the US and India... I m assuming most of you guys live in the US...

Anyways i'll try a night out in my lab today.... sooo hope to be there!

I'm glad I'm not dead....sorry I didn't defend myself.....little time and stupid slow internet/laptop.... :(

Sakura, seeing all the posts have made me quite suspicious of you...I WILL be keeping MY EYE on YOU!!! :P

GO GOODIES!!! :D :D :D

I have had a few people PM ms asking for a scum weekend as it will be difficult for them to post / defend themselves during the day phase on Sat.... For those who do not know, a scum weekend is a an extended play period lasting an extra 24 hrs or so...

I am suggesting ending day 2 Sunday @ 10 PM EST, but will leave it up to the players. does anyone have any opinions either way? Would be good to know before N2 ends...

I will have intermittant access over the weekend so a longer day period works for me. I'd rather have it go longer so we don't lynch a goodie (especially me!) because someone could not get on to defend themselves or not be able to read everything in time to get their vote tallied appropriately.

Scum weekends are pretty much standard, aren't they? I think it is a good idea especially to lengthen a day phase, moreso if some people already know they have limited time this weekend.

I think there are probably a lot of students in this mafia, and school and extracurricular activities are keeping them busy. As for sakura, I promised reasons, and I will deliver:

I think your pushing for a lynch for EDM has a cause: you are a baddie, EDM is not a baddie [meaning she is a goodie], and you, knowing this, want to lynch her to get that much closer to your wincon. I appreciate tole's [or was it someone else? I don't remember.] thoughts that you might just be a really naive goodie. However, I think it's likely that your fellow baddies may have thought of this, and are pushing you to make these posts, hoping to frame a goodie and infiltrate the goodie base. This makes me think that there is a relatively experienced player in your baddie camp, made all the more likely because zweefer or nox thought this player could act as a type of mentor to their fellow baddies. However, until this is proved otherwise, I will be stalking you.

That's why we have a scum weekend coming up. Personally, I hate 'em, but I understand how they work for others, so I'll put with them. Hopefully this mafia will be over sometime next week as the homework has already started piling up with me. *drowns in the piles of textbooks and sweat surrounding MiKi*

Okay, now I'm worried. This is a night phase, right? So I now agree with mboon: the silence is kinda scary. Not many people have been on, or are on at the time I post this. I don't believe that everybody in this mafia lives in India or something as several other players have been on before this to discuss suspicions. Also, I have a full accusation on Sakura out there, and I haven't heard a defense at all. I was under the impression that the scum weekend applies to D2, but maybe I read that wrong? Even so, I'm kinda worried at all the inactivity here. I mean, a mafia isn't really fun if nobody's playing....

Well Miki,

I am from Pakistan, which sort of borders India :P

I woke up at 4 in morning today. (the mafia wasnt the only reason:P)

it is almost 7 in morning.

I have read it, but didnt felt the need to post. We have a fine lead. lets see what turns up...

And I personally dont air my suspicion at night, it is only for Day.

This is because one tend to be a victim of baddies action otherwise, I have noticed it oft times..

Valid point, anon. However, I was pointing more towards nana and sakura, since they seem to live in time zones which are compatible with mine. I don't blame you for not posting, I can see how you might not want to at 4 in the morning! :lol:

I think the night is the best time to air suspicions because you can then change your actions to fit whatever turns up. Posting any leads or suspicions the day after may end up being too late for us goodies, especially seeing the way we are going. It would be extremely hard to lynch all the baddies if we only talk during the day, and because we don't have a goodie kill, lynching is the only way we can get them baddies.

No, you can post at night. You just can't post if you're dead.

And I'm not accusing you solely of voting for EDM. I'm accusing you of pushing the vote. We had all agreed on a D1 tie so no one died, and several people, including me, had put up logic. However, you kept pushing, saying it was the only way we could get the baddies. When we had clearly agreed on not lynching anybody, and had logic to prove our point, why were you still pushing the vote? That is what is making me so suspicious of your behavior.

I guess I assumed (and we know what that means) that we were not supposed to post at night either since we are all allegedly asleep (or hiding in our tent-like dwellings hoping the assassins don't get up).

@nox and.or zweefer When is the NP coming? It's been almost 20 minutes since the Night ended. :unsure:

edit: Just realized, [and I'm surprised nobody asked this earlier] what exactly is the extent of the vote manip.'s ability? Can they manip. other people's votes, or only their's? Can they change it 0x, 1x, or 2x, or is it different? I think this would be important if we're to figure out who is who.

Edited by MissKitten