BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM VI: Braveheart

PROLOGUE

William Wallace sat around the small fire waiting for the game they had just killed to cook, and contemplated the events that had brought him thus far. It had been a long journey fraught with hardships no one should be made to endure. There had been the death of his family at the hands of King Edward I (Longshanks), living with his Uncle Argyle, who not only taught him how to fight, but about the world as well.

After returning from Europe, William wanted to forget his past and become a farmer. He married his childhood sweetheart, only to see her brutally murdered by the local English magistrate.

It was that action that has thrust him out of the peaceful life he longed for into becoming the de-facto leader of his countrymen today.

His men were in pretty good spirits after the latest encounter with the English... Longshanks was in France, leaving his son Prince Edward in charge of the war effort. He was at best inexperienced, and his military advisor, Phillip was not helping to turn the tide in England’s favor.

There was an explosion of noise throughout the camp, as a runner came dashing up to where William was sitting.

“I have news from England!” the runner, MacGregor choked out as he stood panting before the assembled men. “Prince Edward has changed tactics, and it is rumored that he has infiltrated our ranks in an attempt to kill us before we can assemble for the next battle!”

“Then we will have to be extra vigilant” Wallace replied. “There is nothing we can do for now. Rest now and we will discuss options in the morning.”

Wallace looked around at his fellow countrymen. Sitting next to his father, Campbell the Elder, was Hamish Campbell. He like his father was a huge mass of a man, who had been Wallace’s best friend since childhood. His brute strength and companionship had helped in the past, and he was sure he would be needed to get past the current troubles.

Stephen the Irishman has already proven himself in the past by foiling an attempt on Wallace’s life, so he knew he could be trusted. William reasoned he could send him to his friend Robert the Bruce for assistance. Robert was a Scottish noble that had land rights in both England and Scotland, and as such could act as a spy, being trusted by the English.

William also had one more person he could lean on, Prince Edward’s wife, if only in title, Princess Isabelle, who might be able to get advance warning to Wallace and thwart any attempts on him or his men’s lives.

It was already dark, and as such no plans could be put into motion until the morning.

OOA save >> NK >> block >> spy

Night 1 will end Wed at 10PM EST to give players a chance to confirm.

Edited by Zweefer

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY!!! :D GO GOODIES!!! :D :D :D
this makes me think you are either a baddie or a vanilla goodie. This is because normally people don't out their faction unless their role isn't important (vanilla) or they are a baddie trying to keep the heat off of them...... I'm watching you, EDM... :-p

Nah, EDM is just always saying "GO GOODIES!!! <insert random smilies here>". It's kind of her thing. And no, before you ask, we are not baddies together. And I know I'm not a baddie, period.

Zweefer, this isn't like Sholay mafia where if you out your role you get mod-killed, is it?

as we are still waiting on some confirmation, we will stick to the original plan of night ending tomorrow, 10PM EST. be sure to have yourt actions posted to your respective PM locations by then! And once again, good luck to all!

@Bong Not defensive, just preparing for potential periods of inactivity. [For more info, see below]

@Zweefer I wasn't planning to. I just wanted to get it out of the way.

@everybody As school is starting soon [very soon! *dies of stupidity*], I will most likely be inactive for the majority of the day. I will probably be able to get on between 5:00 PM CDT and 9:00 PM CDT. So if I am ever accused, I will throw up a relatively last minute defense. This happened to me in Sholay Mafia and ended in a baddie win, so I'm not keen to repeat that experience. Just getting this out of the way beforehand.

Edited by MissKitten

Hmmm, I am thinking Bong and Zweefer are on the baddie team again. The host is the last person anyone would expect to be a baddie, right? It is brilliant! Like a baddie pushing for a no lynch, totally unexpected! Now who is their third member this time?

I didn't know the host could play in there own mafia... And I know I'm definately not a baddie. Myabe you're trying to blame others because YOU ARE THE BADDIE????? you are very quick to blame others... and as I said, I was joking about EDM and MiKi.