BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Sholay Mafia

Dang...there is a lot more posting on here than there was on the TMM!!! I just had to read 7 pages to catch up from last night (my last night, not the game's)!!!!!!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify (if it is not clear already)

RID Block > Trap > Block > Save > Kill > Spy

1. This precedence will come into the picture only if there are countering (A->B, B->A) or cyclical (A->B,B->C,C->A) actions.
  2. Also, Kill is a blocking action. So, a person who has been killed cannot act even if his action is higher in precedence.

Right now, all these scenarios concerning me and Hirk being on the same side, and using the tie as an alibi, and all the other scenarios: they are much too complex for my humble brain to grasp. I hope that some of the people here who have played with me in a mafia before know that I don't do very well with complex defense plans that require me to figure out how I'm going to work for the next three or four days, unless I'm in a BTSC with a senior player telling me what to do. But obviously, since I'm still blundering about trying to come up with a proper defense, those people should know that I'm not in any BTSC. So all this advance thinking and framing is really out of my comfort zone.

Also, I would like to point out that the first vote on me was random, and the other people voting for me simply jumped on the bandwagon. Sadly, right now, the best defense I can give is that my goodie role can be extremely helpful to our side. Anything else at this point would be just outing my role, but hopefully I can use my hint tonight.

Miki, you voted for Hirk but only reluctantly and put it off only to save yourself. So that means you are a goodie not wanting to be pushed into a vote, or that you are a baddie not wanting to vote for Hirk, which must mean he is bad too. Same thing for Hirk who did not vote for you. Either he is good, or is bad along with you. That is how the tie and vote pattern links you together as both good or both bad. Ties do not say anything by themselves, but combined with reluctance to break it, it does.

Newb question: What is the difference ">" and ">>"?

Action A >> Action B means first all Action As will be executed. Then if the players with Action Bs can still act then they'll be executed too.

Nana, like I was saying to Zweefer earlier, I had a lot of stuff going on IRL, and wasn't really able to change my vote. I was earlier voting for Cube, because of ties and bandwagons and whatnot, and I only voted for Hirk to have a chance at saving myself. It wasn't reluctant, just a chance at survival. Although you are right about one thing: I am a goodie. I understand that this defense is pretty shoddy, but right now, it's all I have. Maybe I can come up with something better after I eat some lunch.

ask thalia about looney toons... :D we had like 30 pages to read after a 5-6 hours break and reading through them they seem to multiply at an alarming rate... :D

*groan* I don't even want to think about the number of email notifications I got after one irl night. I opened my email and there were somewhere around 200 emails, mostly from BD. There were probably about 140 from LT Mafia so I started reading them all. During this time, MSN kept popping up messages informing me of yet another notification. I think there were 167 give or take 10 posts by the time I got through them all. I think it was HPY3.

I nearly flipped when I saw that one along with KM's post about it.

@Akriti: Why do you keep claiming that I always turn the lynch on you when you vote for me? You use The Wire Mafia as an example, but I think you are forgetting that YOU WERE A BADDIE IN THAT! And I knew who you were, so I was trying to lynch you. Oh, and the fact that you made yourself very suspicious when you voted for me after I was outed as a goodie!!! THAT'S why that happened. Not because I have some vendetta against you. I play the game. I find the Baddies when I am a Goodie and I kill Goodies when I am a Baddie. That's how it's done. I have no personal reasons for anything in my gameplay. Heck, I've mercilessly attack my roommate in games before! So, stop throwing that stuff out there when it obviously has no bearing in reality. Thank you.

I wasn't trying to be mean... I was just stating facts. I can't help it that the truth may hurt. But that's the truth. And I'm not gonna sit around and be accused of something that isn't true... See you on the flip side (I hope!)

Night 2

Dacoits were in very good mood the entire day after previous night's success. So much, that when Kaalia casually mentioned about doing it again, all of them readily agreed. Night 2 was basically Night 1's terror repeated over for the villagers of Ramgarh. Just few changes in characters this time.

Gabbar first went to Nox's lodgings, just to breath the stale air of the room where a death had occurred. While general assumption was that he does so due to his maniacal mind, in reality it was just to maintain the fear such a reputation causes. Then on Kaalia's behest he moved to the room where they had locked Akriti the previous night. She was still scared, hadn't eaten at all during the day, and not spoken much except for occasional shrieks. She was so shocked that entire day she kept hallucinating about dacoits. And, now that they were here for real, she still didn't believe it. Only after she felt some pain and wet blood flowing out of a few bullet wounds, she realized that her part in this grand drama is over.

Kaalia immediately rushed to the next room to lock Nana up; he was always scared of a girl throwing tantrums. Sambha resumed his place on top of the roof and kept staring at Thalia, as he knew his favorite villager is away on some personal business. Meanwhile, Jailor was busy in trying to find his way to the dacoits. He kept observing people entire day and finally selected Hirkala for interrogation.

Hosts: KlueMaster and Auramyna

Players:

Z. flamebirde - voting for self

1. MiKi - voting for self

2. Anon26 - voting for self

3. Bong - voting for self

4. Akriti - DEAD - Killed by Gabbar

5. Zweefer - voting for self

6. Thalia - voting for self

7. Nana7 - voting for self

8. darth nox - DEAD - Killed by Gabbar

9. Hirkala - voting for self